I Reduced Dynamic Braking Setting To Minimum. It's Much Better
1683 12 2016-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No matter how gently I tried to brake, the P3A would always stop abruptly, and I always dreaded a blade shooting off because of this. The only real effective difference is setting the 'Dynamic Braking' to the minium. It makes such a difference. I find that anything other than the minimum is not enough!
2016-2-27
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thank´s I´ll try that!
2016-2-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your props aren't going to fly off with dynamic braking.
The DJI design engineers are much smarter than that.
2016-2-28
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

As above your props won't fall off lol but will definitely try the active braking to minimum to see the difference. Something I have not really thought of playing around with.
2016-2-28
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-28 10:24
Your props aren't going to fly off with dynamic braking.
The DJI design engineers are much smarter t ...

Even though I know your right, I always felt like this would happen, especially after reading that it had happened to a few people already, though that is probably down to the fact that their blades were initially not on tight enough! Also, at the moment of braking it seems to cause momentary instability! I'm so much happier since I turned it down to the minimum, it's a lot smoother when braking, though it could be better.
2016-2-28
Use props
leenanj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, unless your flying in a tight area there is no need to slam on the brakes all of the time.
It probably uses less battery juice also.

2016-2-28
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Fly off props come from the older not self-tighten props.

What you DO affect with the min braking, is lessen the chance to develop stress cracks, so it's a good idea to learn how to brake gently.
2016-2-28
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

LordNeo Posted at 2016-2-28 16:06
Fly off props come from the older not self-tighten props.

What you DO affect with the min braking,  ...

Yes, but no matter how hard you try you cannot brake gently, unless you change dynamic braking to the minium setting!
2016-2-28
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-28 15:15
Yes, but no matter how hard you try you cannot brake gently, unless you change dynamic braking to  ...

I reduce slowly the speed to brake, i rarely use braking as the route is already planned (and I'm really scared about the cracks thing)
2016-2-28
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for finding this out!  Thats the one thing I don't like is when I let off the throttle its like someone putting on the brakes, I've been practicing trying to be smooth but man it still is like some one slamming on the brakes.  I'm going to adjust this next time out....
2016-2-28
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

United States

My thought is, I'd rather just let up on the throttle slowly.  If I need the P3 to stop RIGHT NOW, like if I'm about to hit a tree/rock/building/etc., I'd appreciate a more sudden stop in that case.
2016-2-28
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-29 07:04
My thought is, I'd rather just let up on the throttle slowly.  If I need the P3 to stop RIGHT NOW, l ...

Couldn't you just "plug" it in the other direction if you needed to stop fast?

Mike
2016-2-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Plug?
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now