Device Holder
1874 5 2015-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

I just received my Inspire, and I'm not able to fit my iPad 4 in the device holder. The max I can get it to open is 6.5".  I was told I'd be able to fit my full size iPad, but may that's only for the iPad air, with is 6.6" wide. Has anyone else been able to fit an older iPad in the device holder?
2015-1-7
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

There have been numerous posts on numerous forums stating that the (slightly smaller) iPad air was the largest device that would fit into the holder.
I'm sorry you missed the conversations...
2015-1-7
Use props
joeltd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2788944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Holmes, I haven't received my Inspire yet, but this is going to be my two-piece solution to fit just about anything:

iStabilizer tabMount (amazon) + Israeli Arm (amazon)

I'm hoping the threaded hole on the Inspire 1 controller is a standard 1/4" 20 thread (from what i've read, it is) so I can just screw the arm into that and be good to go. The tabMount thing is plastic, but holds an iPad very firmly.
Currently, I use an iPad Air 2 with Apple's leather "smart case" and when I read about the fit of the stock DJI clamp being ultra-tight on an iPad Air, I decided to pony up for the combo of items above rather than have to deal with taking the iPad in and out of the case all the time. It sucks to have to spend an extra ~40 some odd bucks, but this will work with just about anything and is somewhat future proof.

Some pictures here of my wife's original iPad and my iPad Air 2 with case in the "apparatus", I tried to stretch it out to its max width to give you some idea of how wide it'll go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nwbau ... AUTJPkdyBg_dpa?dl=0

Hope this info helps you (or someone else) with a larger/older iPad

2015-1-7
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2015-1-8 02:22
There have been numerous posts on numerous forums stating that the (slightly smaller) iPad air was t ...

Yes, I missed it.
2015-1-14
Use props
joeltd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2788944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Follow up: I received my Inspire 1 today... the screw mount on the controller doesn't appear to be a standard 1/4" 20 thread. I attempted to thread my Israeli arm in and got about a turn and a half deep before things felt like they weren't meshing. I certainly didn't want to strip anything so it looks like I'll just be taking my iPad Air 2 out of the case each time and using the stock DJI mount. First world problems indeed
2015-1-14
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mr.Gilbert is right. I am using the iPad Air 2 and it just fits nicely. Another note is there is a clear protective plastic coating on the holder that is very hard to see. You need to peel that off before the holder will expand. Also the holder expands by itself, don't pull on it.
2015-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules