1044 10 2016-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sea9ray
New

United Kingdom

Hi

I am new to all this so please bear with me,  

I have just got one of the AOK 3in1 Battery Balancer Discharger Voltage Tester 150W LiPo/LiFe

But I have not got a clue as to what leads I will need and where to connet them into the unit..... and as I want to look after my batterys I thought someone
might have a wiring diagram of how to do this, I will put a link as to where I got the unit from so you can see what I mean..... there is No labeling on the unit as to what all the ports on it are for Not even in the instructions that came with it.... so can anyone Help please.

Link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311398456356?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

Mo
2016-2-28
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Are you talking about a Phantom battery?  I'm pretty sure your device is useless with these.  They use an intelligent battery which includes it's own diagnostic and discharge functions built-in.  That accounts for the large difference in cost between a standard lithium battery and and intelligent battery.   http://forum.dji.com/thread-40320-1-1.html
2016-2-28
Use props
sea9ray
New

United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-2-29 03:59
Are you talking about a Phantom battery?  I'm pretty sure your device is useless with these.  They u ...

Hi yes I am talking about the Phantom 3 pro Battery... I have seen people selling them saying they are for the dji batterys thats why I got one.... the thing is that in the Dji app my battery which has only been charged about 12 times was showing 93% health and when I looked at the cells the first was less volts than the rest, I have done what Dji say to run it down to 8% ( but they say do this after 20 charges) so that the battery`s can reset itself...... the healh has now gone to 100% again but the first cell is still lower than the rest so is this ok or have the battery got a fault ?

Thanks
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

sea9ray Posted at 2016-2-29 19:19
Hi yes I am talking about the Phantom 3 pro Battery... I have seen people selling them saying they  ...

When you say one cell shows lower, what is the voltage difference?
You should condition your batteries when first used, I only use 50% of the battery for the first 10 charges.
Then I calibrate the battery every 20 charges.
I have 55 charges on one of them and I still have 98% life.
2016-2-29
Use props
sea9ray
New

United Kingdom

It is about 1 volt difference or less  but as I say the health is back up to 100% from 93% are and that volt difference is when it is fully charged......... and I got my Dji second hand so don`t know how the other person charged it from New...... it came also with a second battery which is fine, as I said i just wanted to look after them with how much they cost
2016-2-29
Use props
ralmeda3
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-29 08:55
When you say one cell shows lower, what is the voltage difference?
You should condition your batte ...

Ken, how far down do you discharge the batteries while deep cycling? I have heard to discharge to a whole variety of voltages, 4, 5, "less than 8," so on... I don't want to accidentally damage the battery seeing that lipos don't like being discharged far in the first place.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ralmeda3 Posted at 2016-3-2 01:29
Ken, how far down do you discharge the batteries while deep cycling? I have heard to discharge to  ...

I usually take them down to 8%
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sea9ray Posted at 2016-3-1 01:36
It is about 1 volt difference or less  but as I say the health is back up to 100% from 93% are and ...

1 volt? Are you sure not 1/10th of a volt.
I don't see how it can be 1 volt difference, please get a screen shot.
2016-3-1
Use props
ralmeda3
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-1 09:36
I usually take them down to 8%

Thanks Ken
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem at all.
2016-3-1
Use props
sea9ray
New

United Kingdom

Well a deep cycle I have only done once as Dji recommend every 20 cycles and mine have only done about 13 - 14 charges but I have not gone below 8% but Now it seems as if I have sorted it as the battery is 100% health and the voltage is now within 0.3 of a volt of the others cells, so I think what I will do is after about 5 more cycles I will do a deep cycle down to 8% again and see how things are....... that`s the problem with getting second hand things is you don`t know how someone else has look after them..... and in this case the battery`s which we all know that li-po`s you have to treat and look after with respect. so I will see how thing go.

Thanks   

Mo
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules