F mode with dual controllers - DJIGo App v2.6.0 problem
1074 3 2016-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uav.hovercam
lvl.1

Australia

I have an Inspire1 (now a 2.0, but I refer to my previous v1.0 airframe) with a second controller and recently wanted to try out the Waypoints and P.O.I. modes to assist with specific shot requirements.  At the time, the firmware version was V1.6.0.40 and the DJI GO app was v2.6.0.I remember previously that when I was flying the V1.0 Inspire with the same 2 controllers and a very early version of the app, whenever the camera operator brought up the camera settings slide-out menu, it would also appear on the Android tablet connected to the pilot (Master) controller, and vice-versa.  This was not good for reasons of it obstructing the pilot's camera view on the screen.  This unwelcome feature was remedied in a later app version and now the camera settings slide-out works independantly on either master or slave controller without displaying itself automatically on the other when accessed.  Proof that DJI listens and cares.  

Returning to this recent issue, after I took off and climbed above minimum altitude, I activated 'F' Mode on the Master controller and when I chose one of the IOC Functions, the IOC panel also displayed itself on the screen of the Slave controller, obstructing the camera operator's viewfinder.  That is annoying and useless in itself, but he handed me the controller and I found the option to hide the panel from his display screen, and believed I had found a work around to this bug, even though this did not stop the panel appearing when IOC mode was initiated again.  In fact, I had not  found a work-around.
I used the Master Controller to record waypoints, but being my first attempt, I failed to notice that when I hid the panel on the Slave controller,  the Inspire / app stopped waypoint recording even though that was not correctly reflected in the Master app's display.  It would not complete the process however and I had to cancel and try again, which is when I realised what had been occuring.

Any chance of this being addressed in DJI-Go! v 2.6.1 or later please?  Just make it happen locally on the controller it is accessed on without mirroring onto the other controller's display.

2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

thank you for the feedback! it will be escalated to our developers team
2016-2-29
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

@ when I hid the panel on the Slave controller,  the Inspire / app stopped waypoint recording even though that was not correctly reflected in the Master app's display.@

This is not a very hidden problem - how its even possible an App is realeased with such a major bug? Seems for me there is absolutely no testing, except restrictions limits and geofence of course.
2016-2-29
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.2

Australia

Sometimes programmers and testers miss potential issues when dealing with new firmware.  It happens.  No doubt the testers follow a script for main aspects and then they test a variety of other functions to try and identify any problems.  Quality assurance and firmware testing can be very complicated...  Uav.hovercam has done the right thing and reported it and DJI-Tim has forwarded the problem to the right people as well as thanking him.  

I see nothing wrong with this process .
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules