RC link dead overnight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dpdurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265830 ft
United States

Used the P3S last night and ran a few waypoints flew around for 20 mins. Came in the house and this morning no longer will the RC Link work to the aircraft. I get a yellow rear light flashing and the red link status on the aircraft is red. I can pair it up again no problem and its fine, the minute I turn off the aircraft or controller the relink goes away and I have to relink again.
Also the camera is all washed out in the light outside now and no longer can see anything. In the house in the dark it seems fine but as soon as you go outside the entire screen just turns white.

On the lastest P3S firmware, all 3 batteries have the latest. Everything is fully charged but won't keep the RC link through a power off

Idea's?

2016-2-28
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

For the white screen,  it is likely you have the camera in manual  settings mode.  If you have the Advanced or Pro,  try turning the wheel on the upper right in both directions and see if there is a change.  As far as losing signal every shutdown,  that is a mystery.  The Phantom will disconnect from the controller if another controller connects to it.  Perhaps there is some interference nearby,  or you have a neighbor with another Phantom?  That would be funny,  if both of you were always connecting to each others craft without knowing it!!  If none of those conditions are true,  you will probably need to send it to service.  Sorry I could not offer anything more helpful.
2016-2-28
Use props
dpdurst
lvl.2
United States

Thanks I did fix the camera issue the EV setting somehow after a default was set at 3.0. Going to 0 fixed this issue. The Link between the Controller and Aircraft however just won't stay once either one is turned off. I gave up on that since nothing I can do is fixing it, will call into support in the morning and talk to them. Now however and I'm sure its related, when I fly the camera video is all screwed up even when flying 10 feet away its real choppy and RC Link Lost happens every few seconds, yet the aircraft can still be controlled. Not a happy bird
2016-2-28
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Man that sucks.
Seems like even electronics can get a divorce.
Whats this world coming to?
Dude, when you get this figured out, be sure to tell us....I have never heard of this happening before.

Mike
2016-2-28
Use props
dpdurst
lvl.2
United States

Talked to support, got the canned well you have to keep the controller pointed to the aircraft. I explained again that the issue is RC Link to the aircraft has to manually be done each time and when the controller or aircraft is powered off and back on I have do the RC Link manually again.

Got MRA to send it in. I have access to a controller in a day or two so will bind that just to make sure its not he controller, if not then off it goes to get fixed.
2016-2-29
Use props
dpdurst
lvl.2
United States

Ok so the issue is resolved. Got my hands on another controller and bird, the issue is the controller. Mine would not even connect to a new bird without each time I turned it off resetting the link to bind them. The other controller synced up and worked flawless. Needless to say its all resolved with another controller.. back to flying again.

And on the subject of controllers, something very different between the original and new one. The original one could only get out 900' and no further range was ok I was good with that. The new one hover easily out 2200+ feet with no problems. I'm curious if some of the range issues people see are what I'm seeing between my two controllers which I believe something in the wifi modules are different between controllers.  Inside they both look identical and both have the plugs checked so the cables on are solid. one is good and the other is great.. very strange.
2016-3-4
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

dpdurst Posted at 2016-3-4 03:20
Ok so the issue is resolved. Got my hands on another controller and bird, the issue is the controlle ...

Yeah,  I have a standard as well as an advanced.  I don't even fly the standard anymore because its range is about equal to a poorly made paper airplane.  But when I first got it,  the range was great.  Until I did a firmware update.  That seems to have fubared the wifi somehow.  It is either drifting off frequency or power is fluctuating.  I don't have a meter that measures 5.8 ghz signals,  so I just don't bother with the P3 Standard anymore.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules