flying to Phantoms at the same time, strong interference?
2268 11 2016-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dtokez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232812 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. My friend and I (P3P & P3A) went out with the intention of flying our craft at the same time. We fired up but my friend noticed that he was getting a poor signal and it was warning of long distance flight. It said there was strong inteference, my app also showed the same.

We experimented a bit by moving around, and it appeared to happen when my craft was within about 5 metres of my friends RC and visa versa - otherwise the signal would revert to being 'good'. We decided not to fly toether just incase.

From some research it appears that people recommend to select a manual transmission channel or the phantoms could switch channels automatically and possibly even one over-ride the other resulting in a loss of control! The UK version of the app does not appear to allow a manual channel selection!

Any advise / suggestions would be greatly appreciated
2016-2-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have flown with @Rigworker, a local forum friend, a couple of times and we never had any interference.
He flies a Phantom 3 Advanced and I a Phantom 3 Professional. No problem what so ever.

RedHotPoker
2016-2-28
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reassurance RedHot.

Did you leave the channel selection on auto? Might just be overcautious but would hate for something to go wrong with either of our phantoms.

Cheers
2016-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dtokez Posted at 2016-2-29 12:42
Thanks for the reassurance RedHot.

Did you leave the channel selection on auto? Might just be over ...

Don't' worry about it, the system knows how to avoid being on the same channel as the other aircraft. That's the whole reason for the frequency agile system.
2016-2-28
Use props
Khairil
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi, maybe you need to try recalibrate the compass again before flying together. I had the same issues yesterday where we went to try out with 4 phantoms and 1 inspire plus a few toy grade quads. My RC keep showing low channel quality, however, when I repeat the calibration process, it works really well. No issue whatsoever
2016-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Khairil Posted at 2016-2-29 13:55
Hi, maybe you need to try recalibrate the compass again before flying together. I had the same issue ...

The compass has no bearing on the RC channel whatsoever.
2016-2-28
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Interesting, will try a fresh compass calibration. Then, we would really rather be safe than sorry
2016-2-29
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

I flew my P3A and my P3P at the same time not long ago.  Wanted to get some video and stills of them in the air together.  I had a bit of a problem when the RC units were within a foot or two of each other, ie sitting on the same table.  But when they were moved at least 3' apart, zero issues.  I believe the issue of closeness isn't channels its overloading the RF front end and pre-amps with the other transmitter.

2016-2-29
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I just concerned me when someone said to me that if left on auto the channels will keep swapping and at worse case one phantom will override the other! So most people have never had any issues flying together?
2016-3-1
Use props
dtokez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any more input on this subject? Thanks all
2016-3-2
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

As regards to binding the p3 and RC there can be no interference with 2.4ghz. You can see many open air events where they fly loads of RC devices at 2.4ghz level and no interference with controls. I've had interference with my pc wifi when the RC and p3p is turned on and close to the pc wifi dongle. Maybe it's a lightbridge interference that  you experienced?
2016-3-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

dtokez Posted at 2016-3-1 06:13
I just concerned me when someone said to me that if left on auto the channels will keep swapping and ...

The drone is bound to your RC, so there can be no dual controll from one RC to another pilots drone.
Even if you were both on the same frequency. Not going to happen.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules