First Run-In with Lunatic
5468 133 2016-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thegrindlab Posted at 2016-3-2 20:40
Similar thing happened to me this past Sunday evening when we were shooting the skate video posted b ...

Nice to see another sensible and responsible American posting on this thread. Such a shame that so many of your countrymen would have preferred to have pulled out a firearm and threatened to kill her rather than have that reasonable discussion and compromise.

Well done to you for going against the stereotype.
2016-3-2
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-2 17:47
It's relevant to flying drones.  Don't you like free speech?

That doesn't deserve a response
2016-3-2
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-2 17:47
It's relevant to flying drones.  Don't you like free speech?

!st the Second, then the First!
2016-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

This thread has officially derailed!

Derailed.jpeg
2016-3-2
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

Anderjon Posted at 2016-2-29 15:15
I genuinely (and I do mean genuinely, not in a sarcastic or disrespectful way) find it amazing the ...

This is why in UK a while ago an idiot with a machete killed 2 people and took 20 min for your cops to arrive.
Here in the US he would have been dead long before the cops arrived, or shot dead on spot by cops BEFORE!!! to chopped 2 people up.
2016-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-3-3 11:42
This is why in UK a while ago an idiot with a machete killed 2 people and took 20 min for your cop ...

This thread has officially derailed....again!...Stick...no machete..no gun....what part of stick did you not get from the OP in his original post?...IT WAS A STICK...
Derailed.jpeg
walking stick.jpg
walking stick with DJI Backpack.png
Stick Man.gif
2016-3-2
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dacon Productio Posted at 2016-3-3 03:42
This is why in UK a while ago an idiot with a machete killed 2 people and took 20 min for your cop ...

OMG !!!!!!!! are you seriously going to open that can of worms ? the amount of MASS SHOOTINGS that have taken place in your country and where was the police ? did someone shoot them before they were finished ? is that how stupid you are ? if I were you I would leave that subject alone ....
2016-3-3
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Terry G Posted at 2016-3-3 02:03
That doesn't deserve a response

You responded...twice!

Let me expand on it.  First, the discussion is connected to how some people might be or have been approached while flying their P3 & how various people would respond, i.e. walking away, talking or showing their gun.  That's quite relevant I think as it encourages people to think about how their actions can be interpreted & how the outcome can change.

Second, to lock a thread is to prevent people discussing or debating what they want to debate.  It's preventing free speech based on one person's idea of what's acceptable.  Who are you to decide what we can talk about?  I'm not offended by being called a sissy & even if I was, so what? I don't have to read it or take any notice just as you don't.  It's someone else's valid opinion.  That's free speech.

You've just waded in, decided you don't like it & tried to effectively ban it!
2016-3-3
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-3 15:35
You responded...twice!

Let me expand on it.  First, the discussion is connected to how some people ...

WOW! And you still have time to fly? Amazing to say the least. The discussion is all yours. C Ya
2016-3-3
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Terry G Posted at 2016-3-4 03:24
WOW! And you still have time to fly? Amazing to say the least. The discussion is all yours. C Ya

Yes, I still have time to fly.  It doesn't take long to string a couple of sentences together.  Clearly some people struggle...
2016-3-4
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

I love how people know the dimensions of this ''stick" and assume he was walking with just a twig.  Obviously being that distance away and the OP noticed him holding a piece of wood in his hand, it wasn't small.  Nobody said anyone should just pull out a gun and shoot for no reason.  HOWEVER, if some idiot is approaching me, when I am not in the wrong, with a weapon in his hand looking for a fight...well, you see in the US we have this law called stand your ground law, which means you do not have to take off running and if someone approaches you in a threatening manner, especially with a weapon, and you are carrying, you can give fair warning and if they keep pursuing and you feel as if your life is in danger, you can fire legally.  People kill people daily with their bare hands each and every day.  Liberal sissy's on here.  Lolz.
2016-3-4
Use props
jredford
lvl.1

United States

nick4098 Posted at 2016-3-1 00:44
Murder rate in UK 1.0 per 100k.
Murder rate in USA 3.8 per 100k.

Yah but we do it with guns not sticks or bricks or bombs...its more humane that way.
2016-3-4
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

DrACE Posted at 2016-3-4 08:10
I love how people know the dimensions of this ''stick" and assume he was walking with just a twig.   ...

I'm the OP.

It was a large stick.  From the ground up to about shoulder, maybe chin height.  About baseball bat thickness.    And, if I had to guess, I'd say the lunatic was 5' 5" tall,   and maybe 170lbs.

Definetly large enough of a stick to be concerned enough to keep an eye on.   But, even with his stick,  not enough of a threat to cause me to pack up and leave.   

I was actually more concerned that he would try to whack the aircraft, than I was concerned that he would try to whack me.  But, you never know,  the world seems to be getting fuller of crazy people!

Sid

P.S - I am also considering the possibility that the world is becoming more sane, and I'm the crazy one!
2016-3-4
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

sidtx Posted at 2016-3-4 09:16
I'm the OP.

It was a large stick.  From the ground up to about shoulder, maybe chin height.  Abou ...

Sid, you did what you were supposed to do! To didn't confront the little man with the big stick, you didn't escalate the situation with an exchange of verbal blasts, you kept your eye on this strange one and pressed on with pride! You didn't fantasize on what could of happened and what you would have done if you let fantasies filled your mind and added it all to your story. You didn't make yourself out to be testosterone filled "want to be" super hero. You presented us with information on how some individuals might act as we fly in public areas. So I say to you, Sid,...you are the sane one!
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules