o(^-^)o
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

nick4098 Posted at 2016-2-29 21:44
Murder rate in UK 1.0 per 100k.
Murder rate in USA 3.8 per 100k.

I don't think its that cut and dry...we can go into this in great detainl ....and quote sources of informations. then we can discuss how  your laws translate to our laws... for example what you might consider murder there we might no here.... it has to do with culture and core fundamental beliefs that shape two very different  Justice systems..

I for one did not come to a DJI forum to do that however.... All I ask is that you don't act like you're culture is in some way superior to mine.

The answer to the question is very simple... 2 very different  justice systems ... 2 very different ideas..
Definitions of things like liberty and issue's such as individualism...  

this is not a debate for this forum
2016-2-29
Use props
Dark Knight
lvl.1

United Kingdom

To be fair the UK and USA both have their issues. All I know is the rate things are going over here the only space left will be the air space...
2016-3-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-3-1 17:19
I will always do my best to defuse a situation....if it means giving the guy the airspace then so be ...

"only folks use Knifes, baseball bats & Bombs..... "

Excuse me, cricket bats please.

Can we stop this pissing contest now.

2016-3-1
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

An amendment is a formal or official change made to a law, contract, constitution, or other legal document. It is based on the verb to amend, which means to change. Amendments can add, remove, or update parts of these agreements. They are often used when it is better to change the document than to write a new one

*quickly backs out of this thread*
2016-3-1
Use props
cablebandit3
lvl.2

United States

Fortunately, Donald Trump is exposing a large segment of America for what it really is.  We (Americans) really need a slice of humble pie.
2016-3-1
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-2-29 17:29
The crazy made the choice to die.Thats why theyre called crazy.We have a lot of them here.Dont fuc ...

As an ex-range officer who taught gun safety and gun laws, your choice in reaction would have landed you in prison. The crazy felt as though he was violated in some sort of way and made his confrontation at a distance. The crazy presented no threat  to the pilot. Holding a bid stick isn't any threat. If the crazy made an approach swinging his big stick and the pilot felt as though his life was in immediate danger, the pilot can defend his life in whatever means possible. Running away is the best means possible at this point. If the plan didn't work out, plan "B" will. From what I read about the encounter, there was no threat, but your reply sounds threatening!

2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-3-1 06:19
I will always do my best to defuse a situation....if it means giving the guy the airspace then so be ...

KNIVES BASEBALL BATS IEDs AND BOMBS ? when was the last time you heard of someone being killed in the UK with an IED, BOMB or BASEBALL BAT ?  if your gonna try and argue the point correctly at least get your facts right .... im from Belfast where all the bombing and shooting went on when we had the troubles for 30 years and it ended many years ago so there hasn't been anyone killed the way your saying for a long time ...

yes there has been the odd shooting and maybe a bomb somewhere in the UK over the last few years but to say we have as many killings as you guys is just wrong ....

2016-3-1
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

mjlstudios@yaho Posted at 2016-3-1 06:16
As an ex-range officer who taught gun safety and gun laws, your choice in reaction would have land ...

What was my reaction? Being ready for someone whos holding a stick ,being aggressive and acting strangely?
2016-3-1
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately there are people in this world that enjoy being a Bully. You did fine in not challenging him. Just let it ride. I have had many people come up to me in curiosity and I explain the Phantom or Inspire to them and all of the fantastic safety features and that the mindset of peaking in their windows is not our intent at all. We enjoy flying safely and the photographic creativity is endless. However, if there are to many people gathering I pack up and leave. I don't engage in conversation while flying and lose my concentration and the thought of something crazy happening and hitting someone or their property.
2016-3-1
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-1 06:08
KNIVES BASEBALL BATS IEDs AND BOMBS ? when was the last time you heard of someone being killed in  ...

You need to understand something about the gun lobby in the USA.  They are a very scared group.  They're afraid someone, somewhere, at some time, is going to take something from them.  Eight years ago I saw an NRA spokesman say, "Obama, if elected, will start his presidency by repealing the 2nd amendment'.  Well, this never happened, of course, not to mention the US President can not repeal an amendment by himself.

Talk about crazies.

Notice that the 2nd amendment they're always spouting is never quoted.  The reason for this is one of interpretation.  To most at least semi-educated people, the 2nd amendment is about maintaining a civilian army for the purpose of defending the state against external invaders.  Guns were a fact of life when the 2nd amendment was written because most folks had to hunt for food and literally defend themselves against rogues.  Obviously, that is no longer the case in a park.  Most people with half a brain realize the 2nd amendment of the US Constituion was never intended to guarantee to anyone any kind of gun they want.

In addition, they'll never give you actual sources for their statistics.  This is because they don't want you to know how many CHILDREN are ACCIDENTALLY killed as a result of stupid gun owners who don't know how to use a lock.

But in the end, it all boils down to ego.  'Real' men carry guns.  You can tell from their vernacular just how much they swagger.  For example, wait for the response to this post.
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-3-1 12:49
You need to understand something about the gun lobby in the USA.  They are a very scared group.  Th ...

thank you for the history lesson and my opinion is nothing to do with American laws and amendments .. I just cant get it into my head that a person who carries a gun would kill someone who threatens them with a stick ..

2016-3-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DrACE Posted at 2016-2-29 22:41
The UK has their own HUGE issue and its not gun violence.  It refugees taking over their country.  J ...

You have a MASSIVELY distorted view of the UK & obviously listen to the media too much.  The UK has always taken in lots of refugees & immigrants.  They are not & have never been taking over the country.  They do clean my car for very little money if you can find any.  My work takes me all over the UK every day & not once have I felt threatened by an immigrant.
2016-3-1
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-1 08:38
I watch all the YouTube videos of cops in the USA shooting people dead for no reason and then read a ...

Ok Keyboard Warrior.  
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DrACE Posted at 2016-3-1 13:20
Ok Keyboard Warrior.

how long did it take you to think that up ?  
2016-3-1
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

nick4098 Posted at 2016-3-1 14:44
Murder rate in UK 1.0 per 100k.
Murder rate in USA 3.8 per 100k.

UK 64 million
US 320 million

Apples to oranges.  

Nobody said anything about pulling a gun out and shooting someone over nothing.  However, if some azzhat is going to approach me in a threatening manner, telling me to get out of his airspace with a weapon in his hand, you think Im going to try and talk him down?  Here is my talk down.  Show my gun on my hip, tell him to back off, drop the stick and if he wants to talk, we can talk, but if he continues to pursue, Im pulling and he has the choice.  Back off or get shot.  BTW, you don't shoot to wound idiots.  That isn't taught in any gun class.  
2016-3-1
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-1 21:24
how long did it take you to think that up ?

UK people are a real special kinda special.
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DrACE Posted at 2016-3-1 13:24
UK 64 million
US 320 million

you call me a keyboard warrior and you would shoot someone who threatens you with a stick .....

I wish I was as hard as you ....

what would you do if you had no gun with you ????
2016-3-1
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

Look, you liberals in the UK like to run and hide.  We get it.  Run along Charlie.
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DrACE Posted at 2016-3-1 13:29
Look, you liberals in the UK like to run and hide.  We get it.  Run along Charlie.

run and hide lol .... something you wouldn't do because you have a gun .... so answer my question .. what would you do if you had no gun with you ?
2016-3-1
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-3-1 06:47
Unfortunately there are people in this world that enjoy being a Bully. You did fine in not challengi ...

Bingo.     I wasn't going to engage him, unless he provoked me further by physically attacking me.   And to be perfectly honest,   I probably have 5 inches (height!!!) on the guy and out weighed him by about 50 pounds.   Even with his stick,  I didn't feel very threatened - waving/brandishing a stick isn't any indication of knowing how to use one.   I wasn't going to escalate - but neither was I going to back down.   If he had advanced on me,  I would have put the aircraft into a hover, with the camera on my location to record what would go down.  Fortunately, he choose to leave the area.

I moved the aircraft away from him for safety reasons - I was flying ATTI mode.  The area was huge,   I didn't do this to deesclate the situation - after all, it was still within 100-150 feet (horizontally) of the guy.  Probably a lot closer at the closest point of approach on my circles/s-turns.   And,  after landing, I swapped batteries and went back to flying - which probably angered him even further (he was still on the field - at the fringe and clearly saw me land, swap, and fly again).

I've had lots of good/great conversations when curious people come up and ask me about the aircraft.  I always take the time to chat with people and explain anything/everything they may ask about.  Occasionally, I ask them to wait a short while if I'm landing the aircraft  - especially when the battery alarm is going off.  But - never had a problem with that request.  They just politely wait until the aircraft is shutdown, then we chat.   

I think that for the most part,  people are just curious.  And, when responded to in a polite and enthusiastic manner,  they become engaged in a positive way.   We humans are a very social creature.

As for this guy,  I just chalk it up to him either being  1) A bully (he intentionally walked out into a big empty field to challenge me),  2)  uninformed about drones   3)  crazy   4) combination of all the above!

Having said all this,  The reply which really got me laughing was the poster that suggested I rip my shirt off, roll in the mud, and join the guy in screaming/yelling.   That made my day!!!   We could have formed the North Texas Angry Mud Society!   There's probably a government grant somewhere in that thought!!

Thanks everyone for all the replies!   It's nice to be part of a larger community of like-minded and interested individuals.

sid

2016-3-1
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-1 07:43
What was my reaction? Being ready for someone whos holding a stick ,being aggressive and acting st ...

Your reaction was reply #3 and #12 both of which are aggressive in nature.  I'm not saying to be ready for those who want to hurt you but to respond appropriately to the situation. Would you have pulled your gun and killed the man with the big stick who said to you that you were invading his airspace? From the story, thats all this man did! I hope you wouldn't kill a human over a few words. Your replies in #3 and #12 suggests that you consider such a reaction.  
2016-3-1
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-3-1 07:49
You need to understand something about the gun lobby in the USA.  They are a very scared group.  Th ...

Your a little uneducated on the 2nd amendment.  Troll.
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

still no answer to my question .... i wonder why ....
2016-3-1
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-3-1 00:02
An amendment is a formal or official change made to a law, contract, constitution, or other legal do ...

The particular amendment you speak of, just happens to be in something we call the bill of rights...They were amended and Ratified on December 15, 1791....

The bill of rights are especially sacred because they have historically been referred to as Devine rights.
with out  these rights the rest of the constitution just does not work.

Im not a constitutional scholar... but obviously you have no clue what you're talking about.
2016-3-1
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-1 03:08
KNIVES BASEBALL BATS IEDs AND BOMBS ? when was the last time you heard of someone being killed in  ...

The troubles was a big part of what I was speaking of... and yeah that wasn't that long ago.  I remember watching it on the news.

Confusious says (Dont throw stones when you live in a glass house).
2016-3-1
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-3-1 07:49

Most people with half a brain realize the 2nd amendment of the US Constituion was never intended to guarantee to anyone any kind of gun they want
This makes absolutely no sense.
2016-3-1
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Anderjon Posted at 2016-2-29 23:01
Haha! I've no idea where to start with racist drivel like that!! Once the discussion loses grip on ...

You must be a Guardian reader.
2016-3-1
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

munceycerellia Posted at 2016-2-29 23:04
Buy one of these and take it with you when you go flying

Lol.
I have that same boom box.
Bought it new in 1987.

FWIW, we yanks aren't all gun happy.
I'm a retired LEO and shook my head a the gent open carrying while flying his quad.

"Out crazy the crazies...."
2016-3-1
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DrACE Posted at 2016-3-1 13:24
UK 64 million
US 320 million

The statistics quoted are per capita, so it makes no difference if it's UK 25 and USA 25 million.
2016-3-1
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-3-1 06:54
I don't think its that cut and dry...we can go into this in great detainl ....and quote sources of  ...

Can't remember acting superior at all.

I just quoted some statistics that were at odds with your perception that UK and USA murder rates are in any way similar.

If you don't like it, don't have a pop at me about it.
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-3-1 17:10
The troubles was a big part of what I was speaking of... and yeah that wasn't that long ago.  I rem ...

yeah .... like the troubles have a lot to do with this thread ???????

I see there still isn't an answer to the question I asked GUN HO DRACE ....
2016-3-1
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

You liberal sissy's in the UK can forfeit your guns and rights.  Ours are here to stay.  We have a huge issue with liberals in our country trying to take guns out of everything and all its proven is more murder.  So I don't need some pansy from the UK piping in on something he knows nothing about.  
2016-3-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DrACE Posted at 2016-3-1 19:19
You liberal sissy's in the UK can forfeit your guns and rights.  Ours are here to stay.  We have a h ...

You need a gun to defend yourself from a bloke with a stick & you call us sissies?
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

You liberal sissy's in the UK can forfeit your guns and rights.  Ours are here to stay.  We have a h ...

at least when I carried a gun I carried it for my country you fking brain washed dickhead .... 20 years in the army and fought for my country .. what did you do ? you prob did fk all and you carry a gun because you have a big yellow stripe down your back that's why you would shoot a man dead for threatening you with a stick instead of using your fists .....  one of your fellow countrymen hit the nail on the head when he said in this thread ONLY REAL MEN CARRY GUNS ... I suppose your a real man .... you still haven't answered my question because you will never have to fight another man because you carry a gun ....
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I don't give a fk about your gun laws I piped in when you said you would shoot a man dead for threatening you so read the thread properly ....
2016-3-1
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
France

stock-photo-frightened-man-eating-popcorn-while-watching-movie-in-cinema-theater.jpg
2016-3-1
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-3-1 12:59
Lol.
I have that same boom box.
Bought it new in 1987.

No crazy out crazies the American cop. Tell me thats not the truth. Cops are a bigger threat than "terrorists".
2016-3-1
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-1 14:36
You need a gun to defend yourself from a bloke with a stick & you call us sissies?

I suppose youll tell him to piss off as hes beating your brains out with said stick.You guys are such sissies you'd rather take an ass beating as opposed to defending yourself.If you could have guns you would but youre not allowed so you need to criticize us to make yourselves feel better about being treated like babies.
2016-3-1
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
France

stock-photo-frightened-man-eating-popcorn-while-watching-movie-in-cinema-theater.jpg
2016-3-1
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-1 21:39
I suppose youll tell him to piss off as hes beating your brains out with said stick.You guys are s ...

here we go again .... the wee man with the big gun is having his say just like he did in a previous thread and made a dick out of himself .... calling men SISSIES again lol .. that speaks volumes about the sort of man/woman you are .... he will only beat your brains out if you let him but you don't have to worry about that because you would shoot him .... so what would you do if you didn't have your gun with you ?
2016-3-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules