Amazon Drone Delivery
1016 3 2016-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

We have all heard about this and its coming soon.  I read a few articles but did not see anywhere in the details that Amazon would be using licensed pilots to fly these drones.  Now, if they are, great HOWEVER, if they are not, how can they legally fly for commercial purposes?  Most people that want to use their quad at <200 ft to take pictures to sell cannot legally do so without being a pilot (which is crazy stupid anyhow and hopefully changes).  Anyone have info on this topic?  Is Amazon throwing some crazy money at the government to get a legal exception to the rule?
2016-2-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

It is just a great publicity stunt.  Wont happen for a long time.  Might see it happen in Limited areas.  Just to many variables.  But it keeps everone talking about amazon!

cheers -donnie
2016-2-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is either a huge publicity stunt (which works by the way) or there is someone really stupid at Amazon proposing this. The concept does not use human pilots controlling the drone, it is meant to be an autonomous flight, and currently that is not legal anywhere in the world. In fact, in my country, Australia, it is expressly forbidden.

Apart from that, it is not practical either, can you imagine a bunch of drones flying around on their own crashing into power lines and trees. Obstacle avoidance is not good enough to avoid power lines and fine tree branches.

Also, it lands outside your house to deliver the package, 5 seconds later the thief who is watching picks up the drone and the package and is gone.

No, it is not coming any time soon.

2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-1 05:54
It is just a great publicity stunt.  Wont happen for a long time.  Might see it happen in Limit ...

I totally agree with you! it gonna take a wile before we really start using drones for delivery
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules