[Sticky] Reset Home Position in NAZA-M Mode?
10446 33 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been all over the internet trying to figuyre this one out. It appears the method to set a new home position while flying in NAZA-M mode is the same as in Phantom Mode. Flicking the S2 switch from top to bottom (IOC Off to Home Lock) 6 or more times. I have read people have had success setting a new home spot with this method. I can not get it to work. All IOC functions work great. The S1 functions work great as well. I am able to enter calibration mode by toggling S1 in the same manner. But togling S2 does nothing. I've tried fast, slow, medium. I've tried going 20 meters or more away from current home position, nothing . I confirm I have 8 or more sattelites when I try to reset home position, nothing. Any suggestions? I am using Phantom 2 Vision+ stock, with stock transmitter, and have changed to Naza-M mode in the assistant software. Home Lock and Course Lock are working great. All help is greatly appreciated!
2014-9-17
Use props
readysetclickap
New

United States

Question: When you are up in the air and flip the S2 switch 6 or more times, does the green light flash orange several times? If so this means you successfully set your new Home location.

When I do this all signs point to it working right, I get the flashing orange lights, my distance resets, which every way the Phantom is currently facing becomes it's "new North" when switched to Course Lock. However, my Home location remains where I originally calibrated the Phantom and took off from. When I go into Fail safe mode, theoretically it should return to my new Home Location, but it always goes back to my original Home Location. Have you experienced this?
2014-9-17
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

Good question Tony, i've tried flipping the S2 switch... but nothing happened, no quick flashing green lights. Not in air, not on the ground.

Looking forward to the replies.
2014-9-17
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

Do i really need to be in NAZA-M mode for this to work ?

Thanks in advance for your reply !
2014-9-17
Use props
rgopdyke
New

United States

It does work. I was having the same problem getting it to hook up. What I found out is that you just have to keep flipping S2 until you see you Alt. change to zero. What I do is take it up and get away from me and then flip the switch. I have found out that if I flip the switch at the rate of about one flip per second and watch the screen for the alt change. Now I might have to flip it for quite some time continuously until it changes. I found out by shear frustration flipping it for 5 to 6 times. I figured what the heck. Keep doing it until works or breaks. Now I have found out that you want to flip it slow enough to let it go from CL to HL. But fast enough that it knows you want to change. If you do it too fast it seems like it doesn't register the change. Now that I have you confused I hope it works. Bob
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I get no light changes at all. Just the slow green blink telling me I have 6+ satellites. I will have to go run a test flight and keep clicking until I see. I know to look at the distance to see if the home location was reset. So far I have tried clicking both fast and slow, more than ten times. I've tried it both alternating between OFF and HOME LOCK as well a between COURSE LOCK and HOME LOCK.  I have done this successfully when I was in Phantom (stock) mode. But haven't been successful since I switched to NAZA-M mode in the assistant. All other aspects of NAZA-M mode work beautifully and totally recommend it to anyone. Even new flyers. Just be sure to change the S1 bottom setting to FAILSAFE instead of Manual. This is a MUST for me anyway! haha
2014-9-17
Use props
rgopdyke
New

United States

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-18 03:59
I get no light changes at all. Just the slow green blink telling me I have 6+ satellites. I will hav ...

Tony,
I know I was really frustrated trying to get this. I fly over a lot of trees and I like to be way above them on a RTH. I take mine up to 120' Let it hover a few. Then start flipping until my distance changes to zero.
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rgopdyke@gmail. Posted at 2014-9-18 05:15
Tony,
I know I was really frustrated trying to get this. I fly over a lot of trees and I like to be ...

But, just to be clear, you are in NAZA-M mode and not the stock Phantom Mode? Did you go into the assistant software and switch out standard phantom mode? And now you are still able to reset he by toggling S2?
2014-9-17
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK, went out and tested this, with my newly found information in hand. Basically, I had read somewhere that you had to flip the S2 switch like you were trying to invoke an orgasm. And I just assumed this meant fast and furiously. So that is what I had been doing. Thanks to you all I have learned fast is not always the best way. I did exactly as you all said.... slow, deliberate flicks of the switch, and voila! It is working like a charm, every time. I get the quick green flashes and the distance resets to zero. This is great, and I am so thankful to finally get this worked out. Props to you all (pun intended).
2014-9-17
Use props
rgopdyke
New

United States

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-18 06:15
But, just to be clear, you are in NAZA-M mode and not the stock Phantom Mode? Did you go into the  ...

Yes, I am in NAZA-M mode and did it by going through the software. And now that you mention it I did have to go back to the software and change something else. It was something that you would overlook very easy. And when you do it its like a DUH how did I miss that.  I'm at work right now and don't have the software on this computer. But it was a box you had to click on the activate HL and CL,I believe.
Also there is a Phantom Forum that is really informative. It is www.phantompilots.com. Check it out if you haven't already.
2014-9-18
Use props
tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, I responded to this last night but ti didn't post. Must have forgot to hit "post" haha.

Anyway, it works!!!!! I had read somewhere that you had to flick S2 like you were trying to invoke an "O". So I naturally flicked away at it. After reading your comments I went out and tried it again, slowly. It works perfectly! I get fast green flashes and the distance resets to zero.

So, just to be clear, I "slowly" flick the S2 switch from "OFF" to "HOME LOCK" several times, and voila!

This works in both Phantom mode and NAZA-M mode, fyi.

Thanks for all your help!
2014-9-18
Use props
rgopdyke
New

United States

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-19 05:00
Hmm, I responded to this last night but ti didn't post. Must have forgot to hit "post" haha.

Anyway ...

Glad you were able to get it to work
2014-9-19
Use props
bofroe1
New

Suriname

Hey guys,
i made a video about this how to properly set a new home point check it out.

DON'T flick the switch all the way from top to bottom.
2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Great video! From what I have read it works both ways. I have only been successful so far in doing it on S2 flipping from "OFF" to "HOME LOCK" slowly, 5 or 6 times. I haven't tried your method, but I am glad to know that if I am ever in Course lock and need to accomplish this I can without first switching to OFF. Good to know, thanks!
2014-9-20
Use props
nospampp
lvl.1

Belgium

i was flicking S2 all the way... also didn't move beyond 10m from starting point... now i see why it didn't work.

thnx guys !
2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Now I go out and just tried it again and could not get it to work! I was doing fine the other day, now no more. This time I even went 250 feet away from original home point, was up at 80+ feet high, tried both methods, course lock-to-home lock as well as off-to-course lock, could not reset home position! I am so confused. Had 8+ satellites the entire time. And I tried every variation of speed flipping the switch that I could imagine. Slow, fast, medium. I don't know what is wrong. There MUST be other factors in play that prevent me from getting this to work. The s2 switch is working fine. I was switching from Course Lock to Home Lock with no issues. So confused!
2014-9-20
Use props
rgopdyke
New

United States

Tony,
I have no idea why it works sometimes and other times it doesn't. I just keep it up there and keep trying until it switches. Then Im concerned about Battery time left. But I have never had a time it didn't work. Just that it took long to acquire. Now when I have problems I try different things just like you probably do. I try up, down slow, fast. and then try applying pressure in a circular motion. I have noticed that this works better. Then after I do get it I wonder about everything else working. Definitely a Love,Hate relationship.
2014-9-20
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Haha, I know what you are saying. I haven't tried the circular pressure method. Do you mean on the s2 switch? Like instead of just flipping it up and down you actually apply sideways pressure as you flip up and opposite side pressure as you flip down? I'll have to give it a try.
2014-9-20
Use props
randyd8511
lvl.1

United States

check out this video and see if it helps. For the advanced info  start at 30:0 mins.
2014-9-21
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

randyd8511@msn. Posted at 2014-9-22 11:34
check out this video and see if it helps. For the advanced info  start at 30:0 mins.
https://www.you ...

Thanks. Watched the video. Didn't talk about the issue in this thread. Did I miss something?
2014-9-22
Use props
bofroe1
New

Suriname

readysetclickap Posted at 2014-9-18 00:14
Question: When you are up in the air and flip the S2 switch 6 or more times, does the green light fl ...

hey readysetclickap
if the old home point stays te same you have to set the switch too the middle position and then flick down and then back to the middle position 5 times.
if it doesn't work please just tell me
2014-9-23
Use props
bofroe1
New

Suriname

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-22 23:12
Thanks. Watched the video. Didn't talk about the issue in this thread. Did I miss something?

tony

did you in the software enable the IOC option ?
2014-9-23
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bofroe1@gmail.c Posted at 2014-9-24 05:27
tony

did you in the software enable the IOC option ?

Hahha, yes. That is what this thread is about. Resetting home position in Phantom mode is working fnd for me. But since I have switched to NAZA-M Mode it is intermittent. As recently as today I was able to get the quick green LED flashes after flipping the S2 switch several times, but the distance did not change, telling me that the Home Position did not reset properly. I will continue to run tests and report back. This is so strange. Not sure why it only works sometimes and not others.
2014-9-24
Use props
DJI-Andy
lvl.1

China

hi, tony,

S2 is used to record a home point manually, It will work after a home point has been recorded automatically with a good gps signal.  Flipping S2 from upside to down side(Notice: not middle side) and rapidly back 5 times or more, will reset the home point.

In Naza-M mode, S2 is be used for IOC

2014-9-24
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Andy Posted at 2014-9-25 11:15
hi, tony,

S2 is used to record a home point manually, It will work after a home point has been reco ...

Now I am really confused. Are you from DJI? Are you saying that S2, while in NAZA-M Mode, is not suppose to reset Home Location? You do realize that it does... Sometimes? My concern is that it doesn't all of the time. What is the deciding factor? Have you read this thread? It appears from your response that you have just given us a packaged answer, and not read the above comments.
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

So what is the answer.
2014-9-26
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Haha, maybe there isn't one! Well, I was just out flying and successfully reset Home Position by toggling S2 from OFF (top) to Home Lock (bottom) about 8 times. Fast Green Blinks and Distance changed to 0. Note: I am in NAZA-M Mode.

One thing is for sure, distance from the existing Home Point is a factor (I think). It seems you must be 100 feet or more, or something like that, away from the existing home point to reset. And sometimes when I get the fast green blinks indicating a new home point has been set, the distance does not change and I swipe to the map and look at the home location and it is still in the original spot. Even though I had just gotten fast green blinks!

All that I can say is we need to really be paying attention and MAKE SURE you get a new Home Point, if needed. Check and double check.
2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Have seen this video

2014-9-26
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yep, seen it. Doesn't really address this issue. Unless I missed it somewhere.
2014-9-26
Use props
DJI-Andy
lvl.1

China

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-25 11:40
Now I am really confused. Are you from DJI? Are you saying that S2, while in NAZA-M Mode, is not s ...

hi, tony, this is andy from dji.

last time, just answer the method in phantom mode, for naza-m mode, it is same as naza-m v2. detail as follow:

1. Phantom mode: please see the quick start manual at page18,
http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.4_en.pdf
S2 is used to record a home point manually, It will work after a home point has been recorded automatically with a good gps signal.  Flipping S2 from upside to down side(Notice: not middle side) and rapidly back 5 times or more, will reset the home point. In Naza-M mode, S2 is be used for IOC

2. NAZA-M mode:  please see the naza-m quick start manual of IOC part at page 19:
http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Guide_v1.26_en.pdf

manually update the home point for home lock:

After 6 or more GPS satellites have been found. And the aircraft can be hovering. Toggle the IOC switch from Course Lock to Home Lock, and back to Course Lock quickly 3 to 5 times

manually update the direction for course lock:
30 seconds after you power on the autopilot system. Toggle the IOC switch from Off to Course Lock, and back to Off quickly 3 to 5 times.

2014-9-27
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes!! This is the answer I was looking for! I can't believe I missed it in the manual. So sorry.
It explains why I get the flashing greens but my home point doesn't change. I was resetting course lock direction.

Can't wait to get out and fly to test this new knowledge, thanks for the response!
2014-9-27
Use props
DJI-Andy
lvl.1

China

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-9-28 12:51
Yes!! This is the answer I was looking for! I can't believe I missed it in the manual. So sorry.
It  ...

your are welcome,
because there is no more switch channel in rc controller, so IOC is a complex function with one switch, we do want to give better user experience for everyone. I think it will better in future product.

2014-9-27
Use props
Filiep
lvl.2

Belgium

bofroe1@gmail.c Posted at 2014-9-21 00:59
Hey guys,
i made a video about this how to properly set a new home point check it out.
Dji new home ...

Great video!!! And... I like the Fiat 500 on the parking, I have one from 1969! O, I also have the Phantom
2014-9-29
Use props
readysetclickap
New

United States

bofroe1@gmail.c Posted at 2014-9-24 05:21
hey readysetclickap
if the old home point stays te same you have to set the switch too the middle  ...

thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a try and let you know if it doesn't work.
2014-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules