We will continue to support the P3.

Like you do with the P2 ????    http://forum.dji.com/thread-41364-1-1.html
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I didn't say forever. just kidding...

But yes we are working on that problem. Just because we don't necessarily reply to every question does not mean we're doing nothing.
And Tim is replying in that thread.

:-)
Dave

2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

neworders@gills Posted at 2016-3-5 13:22
Can you use the HDMI card sold for the Phantom 3 Pro remote in the Phantom 4 remote?

What is the gr ...

Yes the HDMI board works and yes the box is made of Styrofoam.

Dave
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

erikthe9reat Posted at 2016-3-5 14:16
I cant wait. Just preordered my 4 with 2 extra batteries plus the new backpack.

I am sure you will love it!

Dave
2016-3-6
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Does the tracking mode allows you to choose the distance and height to the target ?
2016-3-6
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-6 14:13
For those saying the camera on the P4 is not better,
Here's a few clips that show how incredible th ...

I am impressed by the Phantom 4. I am not impressed by the active tracking. To me, the first video proves the active tracking deficiencies. It obviously loses the bike rider when he almost disappears around the left-hand curve at the end, and the distance between the quad and the bike rider varies greatly during the video.

I much prefer GPS-based "Follow Me", which in my experience is far more accurate and reliable. There's no reason the bike rider couldn't have been carrying the remote control on his bike.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bigbells@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-7 08:17
I am impressed by the Phantom 4. I am not impressed by the active tracking. To me, the first video  ...

Of course it's going lose track when the subject goes out of view. Also I kept the same altitude and speed as I wanted the rider to get further and further away as I wanted to see how  far away it would track from and I was thoroughly impressed that it tracked that well at over 200ft away.
And yes, the P3 could have done the same if they put the RC/tablet or phone in a back pack and hope any of the controls don't get bumped.
And what if I did the test tracking with a jogger, they certainly are not going to jog while carrying the RC and device.
2016-3-6
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

clausboman@gmai Posted at 2016-3-3 05:45
So DJI, I have a question, for the Phantom 4 will you do the same as you recently did for the owners ...

I'd say it's more like the P3 owners need to be looking out, they'd be next in line.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Ulysse Posted at 2016-3-7 06:05
Does the tracking mode allows you to choose the distance and height to the target ?

The target has to be close to you to make it a target. And you can only target things on the ground.
But you can fly closer/further/higher/lower as the target is moving. And you can also do a point of interest during Active Track.
2016-3-6
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-6 19:43
Of course it's going lose track when the subject goes out of view. Also I kept the same altitude a ...

Why the heck are they not going to be biking and carrying the remote at the same time? I've done so on my scooter, carrying the remote in the luggage compartment in back of the seat, and gotten a totally accurate "follow me" using that method, much better and far more consistent regarding distance than the tracking with the P4.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bigbells@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-7 21:44
Why the heck are they not going to be biking and carrying the remote at the same time? I've done s ...

The P4 also has follow me, the Active Track is nothing like the follow me because it paints a picture of the target then follows that target. Follow Me only follows the GPS located in the device that's attached to your RC.
2016-3-7
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-7 10:25
The P4 also has follow me, the Active Track is nothing like the follow me because it paints a pict ...

I believe that I have a good understanding of how both Follow Me and Active Track work. I'll take Follow Me any day. It maintains the distance and is more accurate and reliable. Sure, Active Track will be great if and when there's a second operator available, but for solo piloting, Follow Me can be counted on to follow the subject, whereas Active Track cannot.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bigbells@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-7 23:37
I believe that I have a good understanding of how both Follow Me and Active Track work. I'll take F ...

Follow me only follows YOU, Active Track follows anyone or any moving object.
And Active Track follows the subject just fine.
Yes, you can use follow me in more conditions than Active Track (for instance at night), it's just another awesome feature that DJI put into the P4.
And with Active Track there's no need for a 2nd operator, the aircraft will keep the subject centered in the frame and you can fly higher/lower, closer/further, and do a point of interest around the subject.
2016-3-7
Use props
khalidfarhanfar
New

Bangladesh

Have a look at Quadcopter review if you have time. This is cool. I have seen an article on P4 on http://www.dronereviewed.com/ and that actually included what people want in P4. Though most were not met (:p), it is still a brilliant quadcopter. Surely i will buy this one. Let me sell the p3 first.
2016-3-7
Use props
ghtracey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7224 ft
Canada

bigbells@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-7 08:37
I believe that I have a good understanding of how both Follow Me and Active Track work. I'll take F ...

For the record, flying without your hands on the control is idiotic and a large part of the reason for the attempt to regulate drones so heavily. People need to fly properly and safely.

You shouldn't have your drone flying while your controller is strapped to anything behind your or in a bag or whatever. It should be under YOUR control and monitoring at all times. Follow me is to make it follow the radio, not fly solo, ActiveTracking is made to follow a subject not the pilot. If you think otherwise as you indicate perhaps your understanding of the two modes is not as good as you protest.

Keeps your hands on the radio when you fly, use it as its intended.

2016-3-7
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
United States

ghtracey Posted at 2016-3-7 23:53
For the record, flying without your hands on the control is idiotic and a large part of the reason  ...

As to understanding, it does not seem that you understand the reasons for drone regulation particularly well. Can you show me where any regulatory body has stated that Follow Me without hands on the remote control is the reason for regulation?

The primary reasons for drone regulation are:
1. People flying their drones at altitudes which puts the drone in the same airspace as manned aircraft.
2. Crashes where the operator loses control in crowded areas or when flying directly over people or government property.
3. Interference with firefighting or law enforcement operations by drone operators who attempt to get video of various disasters.

My personal feeling is that the regulations are necessary, for the reasons stated above.
2016-3-8
Use props
ghtracey
lvl.2
United States

bigbells@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-8 11:43
As to understanding, it does not seem that you understand the reasons for drone regulation particu ...

All the items on your list are examples of unsafe drone operation that were completely preventable by proper flying practices, which incidentally include keeping your hands on the controller so that you can intercede in the event that unwanted events occur during automated flight.

Again, unsafe flying practices are the reason for drone regulations. Your desired use case for Active Tracking is one of those.
2016-3-8
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
United States

ghtracey Posted at 2016-3-8 14:49
All the items on your list are examples of unsafe drone operation that were completely preventable ...

I have no desired use whatsoever for Active Tracking. That feeling might or might not change if and when I actually use it, but my current feeling is that Follow Me is superior, due to what appears to be an ability to maintain distance and angle more accurately.
It is true that Follow Me has lag which Active Tracking may well deal with much better... we'll see, sooner or later.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bigbells@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-9 03:53
I have no desired use whatsoever for Active Tracking. That feeling might or might not change if and ...

Active Track works quite well, and the distance is controlled by you. It will keep the same distance, altitude, and angle unless you change it. In Active Track you control the height, distance, and position of what angle you want. And it also does a great POI around the moving subject as well.
The altitude if not changed remains the same, so if you are tracking someone and they go uphill or downhill you will have to adjust your altitude.

2016-3-9
Use props
ghtracey
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 09:35
Active Track works quite well, and the distance is controlled by you. It will keep the same distan ...

That worked a lot better than the "Tested" demo Ken. Thanks for the video. I think on Tested they had the drone pretty close in and low following him and the rapid direction changes would obviously be harder in that situation.

2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ghtracey Posted at 2016-3-10 03:56
That worked a lot better than the "Tested" demo Ken. Thanks for the video. I think on Tested they  ...

No problem at all.
2016-3-9
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-5 09:36
Yes as far as I know. I do not have one to test though.

Got it, love the feature....
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-3-10 18:26
Got it, love the feature....

Cool, you got one early?

Dave
2016-3-13
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
United States

ghtracey Posted at 2016-3-8 00:53
For the record, flying without your hands on the control is idiotic and a large part of the reason  ...

DJI didn't get your message when making this video:

Actually, in this case I agree with you completely. Flying hands off next to water, as she is doing, is too risky for my blood.
2016-3-15
Use props
AaronC
New

United States

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-3-1 14:26
Does it come with the gray case/bag in the picture? I just preordered one, but my dealer didn't know ...

Phantom 4 comes with a foam case.
2016-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules