DJI - Phantom 4 The Most Powerful Technology
15300 184 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aenderes
New

Guam

Would we still be able to use the hard shell case backpack to store and travel with us wherever we go?
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Linolens Posted at 2016-3-1 19:37
Looks like we will be getting new more powerful Inspire batteries soon.

That would be nice!!!

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-2 00:39
With regard to your application for the position of Marketing Manager DJI Group:

"Trying to put th ...

That was funny!

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Thanks, don't think I will be bothering to apply for the position, I might just be a bit too blunt....
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

tdjohnson740 Posted at 2016-3-2 16:27
Your  exchange rate and taxes are government management issues.  Honestly it's why we can't live a ...

Very true!!!

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

britz Posted at 2016-3-2 21:20
Dave,
would there be variants for the P4 soon? like the P3 that have the standard/adv/pro?
thanks  ...

Hi Britz,

At this point I have not been informed of any variants. But with the recent history of the P2 and P3 I would not be surprised if there were.  Actually even the P1 had a variant (the P40) and (the P1.1.1)
So all prior Phantoms have had variants.

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-3 17:29
Thanks, don't think I will be bothering to apply for the position, I might just be a bit too blunt ...

Yeah. LOL

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2016-3-2 22:12
My Questions are:
1.  Can we charge Phantom 4 batteries and RC with the Phantom 3 charger?

question 1. No question 2. yes question 3. maybe with some modifications

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

ricardomantilla Posted at 2016-3-2 22:29
Exciting new stuff! Well done

Thanks!

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Rob W Posted at 2016-3-3 09:23
Good job with the Phantom 4, DJI!

I've only flown once with my Phantom 3 Pro that I bought this win ...

Thanks! Good to hear Rob, I think you will love it.

Dave
2016-3-3
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Dioden Posted at 2016-3-3 19:48
LOL! My other half has no interest what so ever, only my son.P3P is really awesome, I totally agre ...

Indeed, P3P owners have years of good use out of it yet. now its got to the point where it is very stable why would you want to change it for another round of firmware updates anyway!

My P3P is very stable (infact it is perfect) so unless there is something new that I must have it is not having another firmware update.

As Bemx2k says, if I did not have a drone and was looking for one I would go for the P4.
2016-3-4
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

cford88 Posted at 2016-3-2 11:13
****Beginning of Rant****

Is it me or do we live in a world now where we don't have to do anythin ...

I think you're missing the point of some of these features.  

It's no secret that SOME folks want a "follow me" mode.  And you have to know that competitors like GoPro and others are concentrating on these "action shot" features.  In the past, we worried that we had the correct device with a GPS so we could do "follow me".  And as others explored this feature, they knew that they couldn't have a mountain biker carrying his iPad mini with cellular under his arm as he flew down the mountain.  Some people came up with the idea of a wrist-worn GPS device to feed coordinates back to the drone.  Well, DJI just skated the whole industry with this technology that locks onto a figure on the screen, and the "object" of the action shot need not do anything except produce action.  This is huge.  It is a coup on a coveted battlefield.

In fact, better "follow me" features were one of the most talked-about features of a new Phantom's wish list.  Collision avoidance is another.

While Intel set up a phony obstacle course to tout their technology, DJI skated the world once again with a real-world avoidance system that WORKS and is IN THE BOX of the Phantoms arriving to our loving arms later this month.  And while I will whole-heartedly agree that Phantom pilots should know their craft and be competent pilots, those same seasoned sky jockeys will be the first to post videos of every tyro's Phantom crash and lament "They're ruining it for all of us!"

(When I was a car salesman, the term "skate" meant that another sales person did or said something to steal another sales person's customer.  "Frank skated me on this deal. He told Mr and Mrs Davis that I was at lunch, and he sold them the New Yorker."  So I don't know if that is a proper use of the word "skate", but that's why I use it here.  It seemed to be the best word.)
2016-3-4
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I hate to be negative. But is this ANOTHER rushed to market drone like the P3. The P3 had endless problems with firmware upgrades and USB ports not working etc. Mine gave up after less than 15 flights USB PORT just gave up, now I have an expensive toy that sits on my desk. Can still fly it, but NO video. Reported the problem but now being told I will have to spend more money sending it off to china for repairs. Its a money pit. Anyway that is my 2 cents, I would not touch this bird until I am very certain it has no problems and is definitely out of DEVELOPMENT. The quality unfortunately is not very good.
2016-3-4
Use props
newsphoto90
lvl.1

United States

It would be much better for all of us if DJI would put the time and energy into customer service and connecting the repair service center with the customers. DJI has failed to support its own staff in this area. While waiting 6 days for someone to view a ticket in the repair center my unit was returned to me broken. Six days!!!! I called right away once I saw my invoice and knew that there was no way that DJI could have done the requested work as the price was half of what it should have been. What I was told? "Sorry we can not talk with the repair center" "wait for a response to your ticket" Well folks six days later my drone arrived at my house and was not fixed as requested. My ticket was still showing "not read". I then sent my drone to Drone Nerds an Authorized DJI repair center. They did the job DJI failed to do.
2016-3-4
Use props
scottmcv
lvl.1

United States

I ordered first day and from what I can tell I won't get mine till the 22nd of march... disappointed in that but I do have a few quetsions...  when I set the drone up to follow me or my 3d image how is the altitude determined?    if I'm headed downhill how does it adjust... I know follow me mode with the DJI Go app had issues with this...   Also, when will DJI release the Phantom 4 manual so we can all read all the details?
2016-3-4
Use props
jmibarra
New

Mexico

It looks awesome, anyone knows if there are some restrictions to import it to Mexico? please let me know
2016-3-4
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Winter Wilderness... <3 <3 <3
2016-3-4
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Someone says the drone could track not only people but also cars...bikes, is that true?
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

johnchao411@gma Posted at 2016-3-4 16:22
Someone says the drone could track not only people but also cars...bikes, is that true?

Yes as far as I know. I do not have one to test though.

Dave
2016-3-4
Use props
ropate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 856847 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-2 09:46
I think it is a great new step for the Phantom series.

The camera lens is improved, that will hope ...

agreed!  With extra batteries it'll sit at almost $3K for us Aussies.  
I see from DJI Dave that the height limit is actually 500m and the 120m thing is default setting.  

Also, i note in one of the german unboxing vids on YT that that styro box comes with it but don't see anything in terms of a hard case similar to the backpack i already have for the P3P.

Polar Pro lenses at least will fit the new camera.
2016-3-4
Use props
ropate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 856847 ft
Australia

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-2 12:36
Yes the internal box is gray and that comes with.

cool.  presume it won't fit in the DJI hardcase backpack i have for my P3P?  is there one for the 4?  Also, can i confirm the Polar Pro lenses i have for my p3p will fit the camera on the 4?
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

ropate Posted at 2016-3-4 19:09
cool.  presume it won't fit in the DJI hardcase backpack i have for my P3P?  is there one for the  ...

I do not think it will fit the P3 hard case, not without some modification. Yes the Polar Pro lenses for the P3 will fit the P4.

Dave
2016-3-4
Use props
Björn.dahl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501991 ft

Sweden

want it!seems very nice!,
2016-3-4
Use props
dehner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549931 ft
Philippines

Gotta give credit to DJI's front collision sensor and active function.  But how about the Shell?  Is it more durable compare to P3A common cracks?  Thanks!
2016-3-5
Use props
britz
New

Philippines

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-4 09:38
Hi Britz,

At this point I have not been informed of any variants. But with the recent history of  ...

Thanks Dave
2016-3-5
Use props
broerer
First Officer
Flight distance : 42008 ft
Netherlands

The Phantom 4 is a big improvement compared to the Phantom 3, but I will not buy one yet. My P3A I always keep in sight, and then you see automatically if there are obstructions that can fly against it. I hope that DJI firmware continues to develop the P3, and P4 is not now that it stops for the P3
2016-3-5
Use props
paulis109
New

United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-3-1 09:11
Very very nice... well done, DJI

Does anyone know if the lens, prop guards, hard carrying case that I purchased for my Pro 3 are compatible with the Phantom 4?   Looks like the length is the same but the depth might be wide for the drone body.
Would be nice to know what items are compatible with the 4.  Thanks
2016-3-5
Use props
junny16
New

Curaçao

amazing!!, imagine some of these features on a Inspire
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sure thing.

Dave
2016-3-5
Use props
bigbells
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

The specs for the Phantom 4 remote control say that the power is 23 dBm in FCC mode. This is more powerful than the Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced, which are listed as 20 dBm.

Maximum effective control range is listed the same for all 3 models, though. I wonder if the actual control range will be a little further with the Phantom 4.

When the first price drop comes, I imagine I won't be able to hold out any longer. Most exciting feature to me of the Phantom 4 is the Sport Mode.

I've seen a video demo on YouTube where the tracking feature lost contact with a person jogging whenever the jogger made a 90 degree left turn. I kind of prefer the GPS-based Follow Me modes of my Phantom 3 models.
2016-3-5
Use props
neworders
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24081 ft
United States

Can you use the HDMI card sold for the Phantom 3 Pro remote in the Phantom 4 remote?

What is the gray box in the pictures made of? Is it Styrofoam or that some sort of rugged carry case?
2016-3-5
Use props
erikthe9reat
New

United States

I cant wait. Just preordered my 4 with 2 extra batteries plus the new backpack.
2016-3-5
Use props
ghtracey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7224 ft
Canada

neworders@gills Posted at 2016-3-6 05:22
Can you use the HDMI card sold for the Phantom 3 Pro remote in the Phantom 4 remote?

What is the gr ...

The HDMI upgrade will fit. The case is the styrofoam its packed in the box inside. Nice temp case.
2016-3-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Flyin&#39;Bryan Posted at 2016-3-5 14:41
Is it possible to find someone in the U.S. To purchase it for you and then ship it across the bord ...

It's not shipping g that costs moe y. I would stil have to pay someone back right? That's when 1399 US dollars turn into 1900 cad dollars
2016-3-5
Use props
ChrimyF
lvl.1

United States

I like it...Fantastic
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

jmibarra@me.com Posted at 2016-3-4 12:35
It looks awesome, anyone knows if there are some restrictions to import it to Mexico? please let me  ...

You should have no problem importing it to Mexico.

Dave
2016-3-6
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

stigjohan76@gma Posted at 2016-3-1 22:26
Well you should've kept your P2
Or buy a used one.

DJI WiFi extender update bricked the extender no answer from DJI
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

dehner Posted at 2016-3-5 03:08
Gotta give credit to DJI's front collision sensor and active function.  But how about the Shell?  Is ...

Yes it is much better.

Dave
2016-3-6
Use props
dirtdummy
lvl.1

United States

Still a cheap camera! Will stick with the P3P.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

broerer Posted at 2016-3-5 05:50
The Phantom 4 is a big improvement compared to the Phantom 3, but I will not buy one yet. My P3A I a ...

We will continue to support the P3.

Dave
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules