couple specific Phantom 4 questions
1682 20 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

Hi!

Just purchased one, looking forward to gettting it!

Couple quick questions:

a) Can you confirm that the altitude limit is still at least 1500 ft (500m)? On the specs page, it seems to say it is limited to 400 feet (120m) - or did they just forget to use the word "default" in there?
b) Is it possible to get a 2nd charger? (I'd like to buy another battery with a second charger. Don't see that on the accessories page at the moment).
c) I know I had another question, but don't remember at the moment... I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks!

2016-3-1
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have the same question on the height limited too ..

Also, I would like to know whether the phantom 3 remote will work on the phantom 4machine?? also will can phantom 3 chargers works on P4 battery??

DJI, Pls kindly comments ..
2016-3-1
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I want to know if my dji phantom 3 hardshell will work withyhe phantom 4
2016-3-1
Use props
Highlander Brow
lvl.3

Spain

My key question is Altitude.  DJI PHantom 4 t looks fine. even it is not a technological leap forward. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point))". Actually, you can set max altitude to 500 m .  But if you read carefully Specs fort he new DJI Phantom 4,  it literally says 19685 feet (6000 m)  (Software altitude limit: 400 feet above takeoff point). What does this mean? I already find too limiting 500 m above takeoff point, especially when flying in Mountain areas or in cliffs by the sea, or simply deep valleys.  Has effective altitude limit above takeoff  changed to 400 feet ?.Does anyone know? The different wording in the specs fro Phantom 3 and Inspire for altitude really is suspicious,
2016-3-1
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

im hoping... that its set at 400 feet and if you go to 500m you get that warning.  I hope hope hope 400 feet is not imposed on us...
2016-3-1
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44213 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guess I'm gonna be the one guy to go against the stream here...

NO reason for these drones to fly above 400' AGL (at least in the US).  I say this as a licensed pilot.  
As a fixed wing pilot, have rarely flown at 500'.  But I have flown at 1000'.  I have also seen helicopters fly at altitudes between 500' and 1000'.  
I don't see the reason to fly a drone above 400', and I also believe we will see new airspace restrictions in the future where UAS's are flown between 400' to 500'.

Will be interesting to see which direction DJI is going..
Motch
2016-3-1
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-1
Use props
Motch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44213 ft
  • >>>
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-1 16:11
Here is a reason to fly more than 400 ft above the takeoff point, you are flying up hill and you a ...

Difference...
In you're case, you would still be flying 400ft Above Ground Level as you are flying up towards that hill.  Totally legal and I have no issue.
My concern are the guys who will (and do) fly above 1000ft, and also a pretty good distance away from them.

I am flying a cessna, circling a point, I'm at 1500ft... should I be worried about hitting a drone?!
I am flying at 2000ft, should I be worried about hitting a drone?

End of the day, I believe DJI is doing this due to regulatory concerns.  No problem from me~

Either way, didn't mean to hijack this thread.  Guess we'll know more in 2 weeks when our P4's arrive!
Motch
2016-3-1
Use props
Highlander Brow
lvl.3

Spain

Motch. I rarely fly above 50 m AGL,  but I still need more room for takeoff point.

2016-3-1
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Look in some of the other threads on this and you will see where DJI-Ken confirmed that the software limit is 400 feet from take off point.  Not adjustable, and not something that can be overridden.  It is not 400' AGL, it is from take off location.  So if you want to fly up to something you can't if it is over 400' in elevation.  If you in your Cesna are 1500' above ground level you would not need to be worried about hitting a drone.  

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me this is extremely disappointing.  I was following all the rumors and this looked like it was living up to all it was hyped to be, but this set of handcuffs sent it crashing down for me.  I don't know what they are thinking over at DJI but what a bust.  
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
1) It should be default altitude limit for beginner mode, you can adjust the limit by the app setting.
2) Currently the charger accessory is not available. Please keep an eye on the official store for the release.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

kbjyin@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-2 02:40
I have the same question on the height limited too ..

Also, I would like to know whether the phant ...

Hi, I am sorry, since the battery is totally a new design, the charger is not compatible anymore.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Mafia16 Posted at 2016-3-2 02:42
I want to know if my dji phantom 3 hardshell will work withyhe phantom 4

Hi, the hardshell for Phantom 3 is not compatible with Phantom 4. There is a hard case coming with the product already, it can be carried conveniently. Check this page: http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... &site=brandsite
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-2 03:13
My key question is Altitude.  DJI PHantom 4 t looks fine. even it is not a technological leap forwar ...

It's the same as the Phantom 3, it's the default altitude limit for beginner mode. Thanks for your feedback, I will forward it to the corresponding officers.
2016-3-1
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-2
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2016-3-2 05:59
Look in some of the other threads on this and you will see where DJI-Ken confirmed that the software ...

He corrected himself.
DEFAULT is 120m (400ft), max through software is 500m (1640ft).
2016-3-2
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

You know how long birds, condors, eagles, balloons, ash, and whatever else can be in the air and flight path of an approaching aircraft and we do not hear about planes, heli's, blimps falling out the skies from random strikes.  I was looking for the research article that was published from hundreds and hundreds of pilots from jets, to gliders that have said random strikes from drones has been way over blown by the media... go figure.  I truly believe its no where as bad as its portrayed to be.  

At some point it would be nice if they put transponders on these things that would broadcast  their position to any craft within 2-3 miles of them just so each pilot could be fully aware of each others presence.  
2016-3-2
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-3 03:27
I have a question regards to the motors, are those the same motors as the new P3 type motors or ar ...

They are different motors, they look different because you can see the whole motor. It's actually the diameter is a tad smaller than the P3 motors.
2016-3-2
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-3 04:19
Good eye ehh , I knew something was different about them....

The P4 truly looks incredible, like a exotic car with nice lines.
2016-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules