4686 99 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

After watching this review and reading about the P4. I'm not going to even consider purchasing this quad. I'm happy with my p3a and i1. I'm not impressed by the specs.... And it seems a bit over priced

What's your thoughts?
2016-3-1
Use props
PopArt
lvl.2

Poland

Hi there!

Personaly i am torn a bit... One hand my P3 pro seems enough for a countryside filming and as a support in some jobs, other hand 120fps is something I would really love to test + object tracking which makes following moving object and circeling at the same time (being in focus) much much easier. Those two features in my opinion open doors for a really proffesional shoots that are not very easy to capture (even if You fly as a Pro You know that making circle and filming moving object in focus is pretty hard.

Extended flight time for me is some kind of justification feature for a new battery that won;t be compatible with P3  = more money
i don't really care about the rest of the features: better speed, obstacle avoidance system...

If i would buying today I'll go for P4. As an upgrade I guess I will skip it. Especially that as a cinematographer I am rather waiting for some Inspire upgrade.

2016-3-1
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

Wondering i the avoiding system is adjustable?
2016-3-1
Use props
AnakinFoxe
lvl.1

Is it because of the lose of object tracking? Bear in mind that this is almost all software thing, which means it will probably get upgraded with each firmware upgrade. Since the DJI guy in the video mentioned that they used Machine Learning algorithm to fulfill this function ---- as an engineer working in this field I'd like to let you know that Machine Learning tends to work better and better with more data input.

In short, you can expect the object tracking to become nearly perfect within the P4's life cycle.
2016-3-1
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Me too... P3p for me and very happy.
2016-3-1
Use props
Highlander Brow
lvl.3

Spain

It looks fine. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (Default altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point))". Actually, you can set max altitude to 500 m .  But if you read carefully Specs fort he new DJI Phantom 4,  it literally says 19685 feet (6000 m)  (Software altitude limit: 400 feet above takeoff point). What does this mean? I already find too limiting 500 m above takeoff point, especially when flying in Mountain areas or in cliffs by the sea, or simply deep valleys.  Has effective altitude limit above takeoff  changed to 400 feet ?.Does anyone know?
2016-3-1
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have a P3P and an Inspire 1 Pro B/E. Just preordered the new 4 from my dealer. Longer flight time and live tracking sounds to fun to pass. I want it now please. The really great thing; it sounds like I can film with my I1 and set the P4 on tracking using both quads at the same time. Kind of cool. Two shots with one brain.
2016-3-1
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Its def not overpriced... its under priced imo.
2016-3-1
Use props
AnakinFoxe
lvl.1

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-2 03:00
It looks fine. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (D ...

I'm pretty sure it's the same as before.
2016-3-1
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Object tracking can be done with vertical app which is in beta... If someone were to ask me is it worth upgrading from a P3A or p3p I'd say it isn't... If your in the market for a new bird. I would still recommend getting P3A or P3P better bang for the buck... Again jmo
2016-3-1
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-3-1 14:18
Object tracking can be done with vertical app which is in beta... If someone were to ask me is it wo ...

yes i think its a great drone from someone in the market for one, I am not sure there is enough to get alot to upgrade.  Theres gonna be those who upgrade just like they do with the phones.   I think DJI did a great job with this drone but im not a fan of the fat body and high motors
2016-3-1
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

p3a here and not upgrading!
2016-3-1
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-1
Use props
thegrindlab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

AnakinFoxe Posted at 2016-3-2 03:11
I'm pretty sure it's the same as before.

DJI has confirmed that the 400 foot limit can not be increased on the P4 (at this time, at least).

Update: DJI has since informed us that the 400' limit can be changed.
2016-3-1
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

I have a P3P.
As i fly rc helis for 10 years now, i think i could live without object avoidance. The tracking seems good option.

I would get the P4 anyway, but the 400ft limit especially here where i fly in Europe-Greece near hills and mountains, this limit is a NON GO !

Sad to say, i will pass, unless there is a chance that it is a mistake, and can reach the 500m limit.
2016-3-1
Use props
bikkelrealg2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

This is on the DJI Site so cap to 500m

BEGINNER MODE

The Phantom 4’s beginner mode limits Beginner flyers to 100ft (30m) up and away. It also prevents camera tilt controls to allow beginner pilots to familiarize themselves with flying before adding more distance and camera control. When beginner mode is switched off, the Phantom 4 will default to a maximum flight altitude of 390ft (120m) above the takeoff point. This can be adjusted to a maximum of 1640ft (500m). You can also set your own maximum distance.
2016-3-1
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Well officially answered by DJI-Ken, Default is 120m, max altitude is 500m !

2016-3-1
Use props
CFM01
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm not keen on its style. I would hope its stronger than before but it has the look of cheap nasty plastic.
2016-3-1
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Nothing in the P4 is compelling enough for me to upgrade from the P3P.
2016-3-1
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

The tracking system is incredible.
2016-3-1
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

I can say 100% that they just changed the specs on their page I have been on a thread I created this morning talking about this software limitation that was outlined on their spec page and all the sudden I go look at it again and they change it just that quick. I have proof in my thread that I copied and pasted earlier of the spec sheet my question is does the p4 have a software limitation and they're not putting that on the spec sheet or did they make a mistake in the beginning putting that on the spec sheet? Dji Dave and DJI Ken will not answer the simple questions
2016-3-1
Use props
Ezmoney83
lvl.1

United States

I am staying with the p3 and will not be updating anymore firmware. And going to check out Yuneec  time.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Ezmoney83 Posted at 2016-3-2 11:58
I can say 100% that they just changed the specs on their page I have been on a thread I created this ...

I already posted earlier that I was misinformed. Yes the max altitude is 500m from the take off point. The default is 120m.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-2 11:55
The tracking system is incredible.

It is 100% incredible.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nrgwise Posted at 2016-3-2 08:18
Nothing in the P4 is compelling enough for me to upgrade from the P3P.

To each his own, but I think it's an amazing step forward and I think the majority will feel the same way and have one of their own
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

CFM01 Posted at 2016-3-2 08:10
I'm not keen on its style. I would hope its stronger than before but it has the look of cheap nasty  ...

It is way stronger than before. Holding it, it just feels so stout and flawless.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantom_Film Posted at 2016-3-2 07:05
Well officially answered by DJI-Ken, Default is 120m, max altitude is 500m !

Yes, and I'm sorry about that.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bikkelrealg2 Posted at 2016-3-2 06:06
This is on the DJI Site so cap to 500m

BEGINNER MODE

Correct, 500m max altitude from take off point.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantom_Film Posted at 2016-3-2 06:04
I have a P3P.
As i fly rc helis for 10 years now, i think i could live without object avoidance. The ...

The max is 500m.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

thegrindlab Posted at 2016-3-2 06:04
DJI has confirmed that the 400 foot limit can not be increased on the P4 (at this time, at least).

Yes, the max altitude is 500m, 120m is the default setting.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-2 05:06
was ready to buy but hard 400 ft limit is a deal breaker for me I fly in mountainous terrain not usu ...

max is 500m
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Highlander Brow Posted at 2016-3-2 03:00
It looks fine. But, what about Altitude limit? In Inspire and Phantom 3, max. altitude is "6000 m (D ...

The max altitude is 500m, 120m is the default altitude.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2016-3-2 02:40
Wondering i the avoiding system is adjustable?

It's not adjustable, but you can enable or disable it.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, customers are willing to see the functions and hardware promotions for a new product, they might have different expectations on the product, that's reasonable. Besides the active track, tap fly and obstacle avoidance, what might be easily ignored is the inner promotion of the aircraft. Phantom 4 have dual compass and dual IMU unit. What does this promotion mean? This means it can constantly check the data it is receiving and any incorrect data can be isolated and ignored without ever affecting your flight. If one part is failed, you have a back up plan. This built-in redundancies can greatly decreased the chance of crash and provide a safer flight system, let alone the front vision can give you a safe return to home without crashing into the obstacle when your vision is blocked. Compared with the price with the Phantom 3 Professional from the beginning, I think it really worth the price.
2016-3-1
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-1 22:35
Hi, customers are willing to see the functions and hardware promotions for a new product, they might ...

The price is sound for the hard work done by many within DJI.  The features you have placed into this device has really stepped this industry into a new era of flying.  I have only just begun quad copter as a hobby with the DJI Phantom 3 standard, but even after 40 flights, I still have the excitement and joy taking to the skies.

The tracking system and avoidance system is just simply fantastic and cannot wait for a new "drone" to my collection.

You folks have all done a fantastic job.
2016-3-1
Use props
david
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202126 ft
United States

Now that I see that the Phantom 3 Pro is 33% less that the price it came out at I will wait till next year for a Phantom 4 at 33 percent off.  Now that I have said that I am realizing that half the fuN of buying a drone is being the first to get the latest greatest.  Oh no Phantoms have been appleized, you know what i.mean.  I just might be standing in line at the Apple Store on delivery day.
2016-3-1
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94964 ft
Italy

I have a P3P and are very satisfied,
but the new P4 introduces significant new features, the anti-collision radar, and video tracking is  very interesting for me.
I have a company that produces technology, so.. personally appreciate every technical innovations,
then assess whether to change its P3 to P4 is a personal thing .....
Congratulation DJI :-)
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kenzo Posted at 2016-3-2 14:48
I have a P3P and are very satisfied,
but the new P4 introduces significant new features, the anti-co ...

Plus it also had redundancy. Two IMU's and to compass's
2016-3-1
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

I will also pass on P4. No breakthrough in new camera and tracking should be added in next P3 firmware upgrade because it's software based. If DJI won't add it it means thety are just greedy. The avoiding system is nice but I prefer to be careful and know what I'm doing, plus it's not 360. So it's better to wait a year and save or earn money with your P3 for Phantom 5 with camera that will be able to record good quality video at night time and extra marketing gimmicks Oh and I think glossy plastic body I'm afraid will look very scratched after few flights (dust from the ground when starting, cleaning from bugs, etc etc).
2016-3-2
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

In my opinion - If You owe P3 series and this is enough for You, You should stay with it - if range and resolution is acceptable for You.
But, i f someone need to buy a 'new' quad - in my opinion it is better to take modern P4 than even discounted P3, but ofcourse it also could depend of budget (better to get P3 4K - a similar record quality to P4, but in half ofthe price) than nothing.
2016-3-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules