why not 360 degree avoidance?? What were you thinking?
4413 42 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

j_hamblin@live. Posted at 2016-3-1 18:04
That will be something they can add on later for another $100 and call it another model name. Like t ...

DJI just announced their new Phantom model for the 2016 holiday season; the Phantom 4 360.
2016-3-31
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-3-31 10:49
i didn't say IR couldn't be used for it. just stating it would not be remotely cost effective with ...

That's interesting.  What do you mean when you say it picks up a tennis ball?  Does your P4 actively try to avoid the ball?  How was this tested?  Did you hang the ball from some higher point and fly towards it?  Or was the ball mounted on a pole?  Was the ball to either side of the P4's centerline?  How far?

I'm curious is all.  When someone says something on a forum and I know something different, I strike up an intelligent conversation to better understand the issue and perhaps swap information.  Like everyone, sometimes I'm wrong.  Why would you think this is a pissing contest?

Good to know the P4 is safe from flying tennis balls, though.  
2016-4-1
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-4-1 08:42
That's interesting.  What do you mean when you say it picks up a tennis ball?  Does your P4 active ...

Lol your a riot.    I tossed a ball across the front of the p4 while hovering around 8 feet p4 wasn't moving.  Just saw it being sensed wasn't moving so no evasive action taken
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules