To upgrade or not
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
terjetyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Norway

I bought my P3P this newyear and I am very much in doubt if I should upgrade or not.

Is the lightbridge upgraded? The P3P was 2km if I remember correctly but on this page it states 5km for the P3P as well. http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
The double compass, IMU seems like a great safety feature but will it ever come in use? Is this a admittance that the single compass, IMU on the P3P is not safe enough?

Sport mode seems a little gimmicky and I doubt I would use it much. The crash avoidance is nice but very strange there are no cameras on the side or on the back. Most crashes happens running sideways or backwards I would guess. The potential in the machine learning features (video tagging) are very cool but seemed a little shaky in a couple of test videos but I expect this to improve a lot, question is wheter the hardware is good enough on this Phantom version.

The camera was the biggest letdown. This is why most of us bought this drone in the first place right?
The upside was the price. If this was 1799US as rumoured I would have waited no doubt.
2016-3-1
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

The BIGGEST and probably the only new thing about P4 is the Obstacle avoiding feature, and even for professional pilots I think it's a very good feature because it'll help reduce how often you'll see the TV headline which says ''Drone crashed into <place> panic everywhere!'' but as for upgrading it depends if you can still sell yours for some good money. I sold my Inspire 1 due to heavy issues and now it doesn't look like DJI will be releasing second one so I might buy Phantom Instead.
2016-3-1
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Don't upgrade, wait for the phantom 5 or phantom 4 updated version. Not a big enough change to warrant an upgrade.
2016-3-1
Use props
steven888
lvl.2

Malaysia

I second mrGREEK360 ....Even though the price is quite attractive, I won't be upgrading my P3P for now because of the same exposed ribbon cable on the gimbal. Wish DJI would redesign this on the future P5...
2016-3-1
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

If you have the money, I'd say go for it. But - also - depends on your purpose.

For me - it's fun. And I like the idea of the 'sport' mode - and will have fun playing around with the new & improved 'follow' me feature. So I got it.

2016-3-1
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

The p4 is not that fancy. You can get
Et s three party app to do object track and all that.
2016-3-2
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I'd wait for the p5 when they out sensors on all sides
2016-3-2
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

shayd93@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-1 17:47
The BIGGEST and probably the only new thing about P4 is the Obstacle avoiding feature, and even for  ...

I didn't have problems with my inspire but did noticed that with the P3 coming out and improvements DJI seems to be pushing the envelope in that platform and so I sold the inspire and was "droneless" for a while. I was about to get a P3 last week but I realized the P4 was announced so I got the instead.

All the new tech confirms my assumptions. Yes there are optional cameras for the inspire but I do not need that. The inspire is a very stable flyer - I hope the new P4 can hold its own with a little wind.
2016-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

FoxSTI Posted at 2016-3-6 00:06
I didn't have problems with my inspire but did noticed that with the P3 coming out and improvement ...

I think you will be impressed, i am still impressed with what my P2V+ does and if my camera were just that much better i would not even consider another unless it were for back-up or to have another to fly with a family member....I will be picking up another this year, just a question of which one and if it is a Phantom, it will be the P4 for sure....

2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules