iOSD mini installation issues. HELP
1482 7 2015-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rjsarich1
lvl.1

United States

My iOSD mini continues to blink green. I can tell my connection is being acknowledged because the screen will go from static snow to a black screen when I turn the phantom on. For some reason I don't see a picture being send from my gopro. I updated the iOSD mini first and this has been my experience from the start. any recommendations?
2015-1-7
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

you system is P2+H3-3D?
And what's the video transmitting device? Lightbridge?
2015-1-7
Use props
rjsarich1
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2015-1-8 10:55
you system is P2+H3-3D?
And what's the video transmitting device? Lightbridge?

I have the P2 with H3-3D and the transmitter I am using is the FT956 http://www.heli-star.com/media/wysiwyg/FT956_MANUAL.pdf, with clover leaf antenna's. I don't exactly understand what you mean by lightbridge but hopefully that helps.
2015-1-7
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

rjsarich1@gmail Posted at 2015-1-8 11:04
I have the P2 with H3-3D and the transmitter I am using is the FT956 http://www.heli-star.com/medi ...

Lightbridge or AVL58 are both video transmit devices (downlink video from camera to the ground monitor) supplied from DJI.Sorry I have not installed FT956 before. I see the video cable are different between them, you could check the definition of each wire.
For your reference:
20150108115147.png
2015-1-7
Use props
rjsarich1
lvl.1

United States

What I don't understand is my transmitter has - Power, ground, video and audio and the iOSD mini has ground, video out, ground and video in. if I only have a video in on my transponder, how can I get the video out?
2015-1-7
Use props
rjsarich1
lvl.1

United States

Ps, I appreciate you taking the time to help out and trouble shoot with me.
2015-1-7
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

rjsarich1@gmail Posted at 2015-1-8 12:05
Ps, I appreciate you taking the time to help out and trouble shoot with me.

the green blinking LED is the normal behaviour of the iOSD mini when its plugged in and connected to can bus. I dont know the FT956 but it cant be hard to install. I have a fatshark system and i only plugged the single video out cable to the video TX and of course the two power wires. Gopro must be switched on of course. Maybe you are on a wrong channel or somethng like that. Never switch your video TX on without the antenna

Lightbridge is a digital video TX for use with your smartphone, its over 1000 dollars

Ok to your other question, the p2 dont have an audio out cable installed and you dont need audio, forget it. The p2 has a 4 wire cable coming out of the bottomside. 2 wires for video (yellow/brown) and the +- power out cable (red/brown).  The power cable goes directly into your Video TX to power it. The video out pair of wires goes into your iOSD (Video in/gnd) which means soldering. The video out cable from the iOSD which is orange goes directly into your Video TX or better said it needs to be soldered to the correct cable "video". You have to see which wire that is in your case.
2015-1-7
Use props
rjsarich1
lvl.1

United States

I was able to figure it out. On the FT956 the cables change colors and were not going to the ports stated on the label. I soldered the video cable to "correct" wire and everything worked perfectly. After I put it all back together I flew it around and even fairly long rage with perfect reception to the monitor. I guess my issue was simply due to the manufacture of the FT956 and how jumbled the wires were.

Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated!
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules