What Do You Think Of The Phantom 4
1748 17 2016-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft

Just wanna get a disscusion goung about the phantom 4 leave tour thoughts in the comments
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

It's an AMAZING piece of technology and feel so awesome when holding it. It is built very stout and precise.
2016-3-1
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94964 ft
Italy

rapport....quality / technical features  / price
unbeatable
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

kenzo Posted at 2016-3-2 14:54
rapport....quality / technical features  / price
unbeatable

Plus redundancy. Two IMU's and two compass's
2016-3-1
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

P4 look awesome and I love those new features. Downside camera just 12MP for video good but for images I expected more MP then just giving only 120 fps upgrade. But they said have sharper lens that really important for me coz p3 I was not so impressive is great camera but not amazing. And I wish they bring for P4 better codec. But that only I was disappointed! Yes I want the p4 that for sure and don't forget to buy dji care to save your investment;)
2016-3-1
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-2 07:59
Plus redundancy. Two IMU's and two compass's

Good redundancy could be 6/8 rotors (but rather not in Phantom price range), however DJI should implement failsafe one rotor algoritm to Phantom series.

P4 seems to be really nice piece of hardware - everything depend of DJI policy about limitation and restriction in flying. Even Ferrari closed in the garage will be not much useful.
2016-3-2
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-3-2 02:22
Good redundancy could be 6/8 rotors (but rather not in Phantom price range), however DJI should imp ...

yeah.. but 2 imu's and 2 compasses should go a long way towards reliability.. It will be interesting to see if the number of flyaway a decreases
2016-3-2
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-1 20:47
It's an AMAZING piece of technology and feel so awesome when holding it. It is built very stout and  ...

Aloha,

My first impression is that the P4 is more for recording athletic endeavors.  It is like a flying selfie-stick.  It is still early but I think the P3 is not threatened like the P3 threatened the P2.  The P3 dominates the old P2 market.  But the P4 is primed for a different market.  The P3 and the P4 will both probably share continued success.  And what a price - unbelievable!

The videos and data sheets are really interesting.  The P4 is phenominal.  This is so "in your face" for the GoPro drone project.  I would not be surprised if GoPro retools their drone for release next Christmas.  Their January 2016 release proposal completely failed.  I think DJI "Shut-Down" GoPro on this one.

It may take me a while to figure out, but I am sure some of the new "flying selfie stick" technology will show a capability to be used for non-athletic endeavors (I am old after all!).  I have never been able to figure out how I could use the IOC "Follow-Me" mode for non-selfie missions.  But just the other day one of our community leaders told me of a project idea that would really benefit from a video made using the follow me technology.  And then another one recording our Kaneohe Bay shoreline reefs using follow me technology started to make sense.

Who says you cannot teach an old dog new tricks - DJI does it all the time!  Amazing that P4.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2016-3-2 18:19
yeah.. but 2 imu's and 2 compasses should go a long way towards reliability.. It will be interesti ...

Actually I don't know of a single P3 flyaway that didn't have some kind of user error.
About every single flyaway had some part of user error and it could have been prevented.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Stanley Fredrik Posted at 2016-3-2 15:58
P4 look awesome and I love those new features. Downside camera just 12MP for video good but for imag ...

Yes, the photos and videos are way sharper. And yes, everyone should definitely buy the DJI care, it's a great insurance policy.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-2 18:39
Aloha,

My first impression is that the P4 is more for recording athletic endeavors.  It is l ...

Yes, the price point for the P4 is amazing for what it offers, truly an incredible deal for what you get.
let us know when your arrives
2016-3-2
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-2 23:46
Yes, the photos and videos are way sharper. And yes, everyone should definitely buy the DJI care,  ...

@dji-ken, with the redundancy system and the avoidance system do you really need DJI care?
2016-3-2
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Lot's of high-tech/innovation. All for $300 less than the original $1700 (US) rumored asking price. I will get one but will have to wait till Christmas.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Zdrone Posted at 2016-3-3 00:18
@dji-ken, with the redundancy system and the avoidance system do you really need DJI care?

Yes, true what you are saying. So totally up to you, but I would still buy it just for the "what if" scenario.
2016-3-2
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-2 12:39
Aloha,

My first impression is that the P4 is more for recording athletic endeavors.  It is l ...

GoPro have to proved but they not have much money for research as Apple and DJI and GoPro they are not doing alone sure there some campaign help design and build. Camera form Phantom is my opinion better than form the GoPro but i love the codec that Gopro have. Now really silence by GoPro Karma we only see two footage and be honest I was not impressed what I saw. The last preview demo karma in the snow still have annoying fisheyes. Nah I have more trust in DJI drones. But sure I'm will see what other also doing.  
2016-3-2
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

The P4 is a superior platform to the P3. No need to rationalize about what you don't need from the P4 in order to make yourselves feel better about owning a product that is no longer the premier product in its line (P3X).
Look I have a V1 Inspire with the X3 Camera. Not only are there 3 updated camera/gimbals, but there's also a V2 with double the range of my V1. They are clearly better than my V1 but I understand quite well that technology is always progressing so I lose absolutely no sleep over it,

All I've been seeing today on this board and others are a bunch of envious P3X owners. The only ones who didn't seem to be this way where the few that preordered. Instead of appreciating the advances in aerial systems tech people are screaming "gimmick". Then you get chest bumping ego maniac comments with people saying I'm an experienced pilot, I don't need autonomous features. What a fickle community this seems to be...at least from what is displayed on these forums,

Let me be the first to say I appreciate DJI for the technologies brought forth in the P4. It only gives an Inspire owner like myself hope that these technologies will trickle up to the Inspire.
2016-3-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-2 23:46
Yes, the photos and videos are way sharper. And yes, everyone should definitely buy the DJI care,  ...

It's a great insurance policy with a large price $299usd for one year is extremely high when comparing regular insurance on say a home or vehicle.
Even bigger pill to swallow if your converting USD to CAD..
I would also like to say if the P4 is all that and then some with additional redundency then one should not require the DJI Care package.
It would be more attractive at a reduced price, just my opinion....
2016-3-2
Use props
Copterpilots199
New

Germany

I love the new Active Track function or the new TapFly. Did you actually know, that the same is possible with the DJI Phantom 3? I do not know what is the difference between vertical app for dji phantom 3 to dji phantom 4. Is the functionality similar? Works the Active track function better than vertical app?
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules