1416 21 2016-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

With the big price jump and the targeting of "enthisast" users I would have expected the transmitter to have the HDMI module built in, to bad its not.

2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, I am sorry, but the remote controller don't have the HDMI module, you need to purchase the HDMI module like the Phantom 3.
2016-3-2
Use props
harry
lvl.1

Austria

Is it possible to use the HDMI Module from the Phantom 3 ?
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

harry Posted at 2016-3-3 04:15

Yes you purchase the module seperate
2016-3-3
Use props
harry
lvl.1

Austria

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-3 13:10
Yes you purchase the module seperate

I have the module from my existing Phantom 3 transmitter ... so i can use it for my Phantom 4 too ?
2016-3-3
Use props
hummingbird.uav
First Officer
Flight distance : 8378937 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-2 19:28
Hi, I am sorry, but the remote controller don't have the HDMI module, you need to purchase the HDMI  ...

Can a Phantom 3 controller be used with the Phantom 4?  I have HDMI module in my Phantom 3 controller.
2016-3-3
Use props
zutrix
New
Flight distance : 245748 ft
Aruba

yes you can use too
2016-3-3
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

What big price jump?  Its 1399 packed to the gills with all kinds of new Tech... plus a bunch of Redundancy's with dual IMU's and compass's... DJI cant give stuff away free...

They have to recoup their cost of R and D and be profitable to be able to advance their product line.

You just give away your personal items, free?  Your time... you ever go to work and give your job a hour or so free?
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-3-3 13:23
What big price jump?  Its 1399 packed to the gills with all kinds of new Tech... plus a bunch of Red ...

Im not sure its 'packed to the gills" It does have some good tech but I am afraid so will the new Yuneec and Gopro coming.  Then there are 3rd party vendors already about to release the features that the P4 has.  As far as duel IMU and duel compasses.  I havent heard many issues with the IMU or compass failing to where a duel was needed.  Who knows
2016-3-3
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-3 13:24
Im not sure its 'packed to the gills" It does have some good tech but I am afraid so will the new  ...

Yeah the Yuneec at 1799.00 for the same tech but worse.  A lot, a lot less range with video FPV.  Also has some pretty sizable video lag....  the yuneec flies a lot slower which is important for getting to your shot, coming back from your shot... or waiting until last minute to get that perfect weather shot.

GoPro is horribly late to the party... the 3 shops around here havent sold any of the GoPro Hero's in months... Go to a pawn Shop with a brand new GoPro Hero 4 black and youd be lucky if you got 50.00 for it... GoPro has been losing ground big time over the last year... made some bad bad products.

The Phantom 4 at 1399.00 is packed to the gills for that price, period.  I have flown the Yuneec Hexa by way of the Yuneec dealer.  They brought the wizard, some retarded 4 foot long motorized skateboard, another of the regular style Yuneec's, some flight sims... and I was not impressed at all... espically for the price they will be asking.  Its like 3DR asking 999.00 for the quad... then another 400.00 for the gimbal and then if you need to buy a GoPro another couple of hundred... your right around 1799.00 again.... for something that has less tech than DJI's offering.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

harry Posted at 2016-3-3 17:15

Yes, your P3 HDMI module will work after a firmware upgrade.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

harry Posted at 2016-3-3 21:14
I have the module from my existing Phantom 3 transmitter ... so i can use it for my Phantom 4 too  ...

if it's the existing module then NOW it not work. If it's the HDMI module you purchased and installed on your P3 RC then yes it will.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-4 03:24
Im not sure its 'packed to the gills" It does have some good tech but I am afraid so will the new  ...

I'm curious, what 3rd party vendors are releasing an aircraft that has the features the P4 has, and what's the price of them?
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 15:02
I'm curious, what 3rd party vendors are releasing an aircraft that has the features the P4 has, an ...

Vertical Studios is releasing there app in the next few days with Active Tracking, Tap to fly and Geo fencing doesnt have avoidance but from the videos it looks the same as what the P4 does, i know its hard to judge the 2 since neither are in the hands of consumers as of yet.  So P3A/P nd inspires will have similar features.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-4 04:07
Vertical Studios is releasing there app in the next few days with Active Tracking, Tap to fly and G ...

You said their are 3nd party vendors that are about to release something that has the features of the P4.
I still don't see and vendor with an aircraft that offers anything like the P4 for at the price point.
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 15:17
You said their are 3nd party vendors that are about to release something that has the features of  ...

Well i dont recall saying the said vendors were releasing a drone, please show me where I said that, my memory does get lost from time to time, however I did say releasing something with features of the P4 and I stated the Vertical Studio app with active tracking, tap to fly and something of a geo fence.   If we are talking about actual drones then I havent seen any neither, but apps I think we will in a few days.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-4 04:24
Well i dont recall saying the said vendors were releasing a drone, please show me where I said that ...

Ok, I misunderstood you then, from your post quoted below saying not sure packed to the gills I was guessing you were talking about another aircraft.
"Im not sure its 'packed to the gills" It does have some good tech but I am afraid so will the new Yuneec and Gopro coming.  Then there are 3rd party vendors already about to release the features that the P4 has"

So I think my original statement still stands that there is no one out there that has (or will soon have) a multirotor with the technology and features that the P4 has for the price.
2016-3-3
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Inspire 1 Owner the HDMI module was not that super useful for me other than the googles which I couldn't use because they made me super scared of not being able to see the drone with my own eyes. but if the other guy says it can be purchased separately that's good. Remember you get nearly 30 Mins of flight time with 3 Axis 4K Camera and obstacle avoidance, all for 1399$ Compared to 1350$ From last years P3Pro That's still pretty good
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 16:26
Ok, I misunderstood you then, from your post quoted below saying not sure packed to the gills I wa ...

Yes neither have been released and the Yuneec has all the same features as the P4 also retactable landing gear and 360 camera rotation from what they have announced but the Gopro is tightlipped,  im sure once its out it will also have every feature. The duel IMU and compass I am not sure why the need unless DJI noticed they were having issues with the P3s neither on mine has had an issue.  But as of Today DJI is the only one, software wise Vertical will be released in a few days and im not sure about the yuneec or Karma.   I had my mind made up to go with the Yuneec but came across a christmas gift P3A flown once and I went ahead and snagged that.  I am hoping to get an Inspire soon but as on now have enough phantoms.
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 16:26
Ok, I misunderstood you then, from your post quoted below saying not sure packed to the gills I wa ...

Can you confirm that the price will not be going up and will remain at 1399.00?
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-4 05:34
Yes neither have been released and the Yuneec has all the same features as the P4 also retactable  ...

For those who want the strongest signal, for RTF nothing beats the Lightbridge.
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>

True but I think I'd take retractable gear with a 360 camera over going out of line of sight
2016-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules