DJI XT Thermal Camera for Search and Rescue
1760 9 2016-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

Check out this conceptual demonstration of what we are working on to enable partially automated missing persons search patterns. The grid flight and inspection steps are fully automated but the decision to inspect is left to the operator. We have found that a man-in-the-loop approach to object detection is the best way to aid mission critical decisions in the field.

We are looking for feedback from actual first responders who have used drones in the past and have a good idea of what they would want to see in a SAR specific variant of Map Pilot.

2016-3-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I know some folks on here that are first Responder- Firefighters, do you have an e-mail that I could forward on to these folks because  those  people that I know only check on here occasionally and will miss your post.  This is awesome technology, really exciting.

all the best- donnie
2016-3-2
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

You can contact us through the addresses at the bottom of our site. DJI doesn't like it when you post email addresses in the forums.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Great use of the XT!

Dave

2016-3-2
Use props
Leftridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1571155 ft
United States

I'll get in touch with you and see what you are doing.. We have used the prototype XT and the beta XT shipped yesterday and will be here this week.. We are heavily involved in utilizing Inspires and its capabilities on fire and law enforcement responses..
2016-3-2
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

Leftridge Posted at 2016-3-3 06:27
I'll get in touch with you and see what you are doing.. We have used the prototype XT and the beta X ...

Wow Leftridge! We weren't aware that anyone had actually seen one in the wild, let alone two. It sure would be nice of DJI to let its dealers/developers see this stuff early so we could get a start too...

We have a fire line tracking app in the works too.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

nice application of DJI Zenmuse XT Flir camera
2016-3-2
Use props
Leftridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1571155 ft
United States

MapsMadeEasy Posted at 2016-3-2 18:38
Wow Leftridge! We weren't aware that anyone had actually seen one in the wild, let alone two. It s ...

We will be flying the XT on a 1500 acre prescribed fire tomorrow if it makes it in time... I'll take the time to check out what your doing!
2016-3-3
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-2 19:19
nice application of DJI Zenmuse XT Flir camera

We sure would like to actually get our hands on one so we can get to work on these useful applications...

We have 6 on order but would love to get some of this preview access that it seems others are getting.
2016-3-3
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

We have an app in Beta that works with thermal and visible cameras. It isn't exactly like what is shown above but is more general purpose without being tied down with all our Map Pilot stuff.

It is designed for thermal applications with Search and Rescue and Fire protection in mind but is useful for all sorts of inspection and documentation task.

https://support.dronesmadeeasy.c ... -What-is-Tag-Pilot-

Here is what the KML output looks like. It has user added markers the footprint of where a single image would line up with the ground and the location of the drone in the air when it was taken.

2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules