12Next >
2236 44 2016-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1295259 ft
Norway

After seeing so much amazing stuff beeing done with these drones I decided to go ahead and got myself the Phantom 3 Advanced. Absolutly love this machine and Im impressed of all its capabilities! By all means its not perfect and I have experienced some minor issues with all this technology, but overall I think its an awesome platform for aerial video.

This is my first aerial video, shot in Norway wintertime earlier this year. Temps were several times below -20C, but I never experienced any problems.

2016-3-2
Use props
Fairhair
lvl.2

United States

Great video, awesome timing on your cuts. You inspire me.
Thank you Chrisnorway.
2016-3-2
Use props
ricardoghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

wowww Otimo!!!!
2016-3-2
Use props
V-22 Osprey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361 ft
United States

Great job! How long of flight times did you get in temps that low? I fly RC Helicopters in the winter here in Maine and 5-6 min is about all my hands can take…once more great job!
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

absolutely stunning video! Thanks for sharing
2016-3-3
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

Wow, thanks alot for all your comments!

@V-22 Osprey: As you may know batteries dont do so well in low temps, but the Phantom managed about 16-18 min average, with some safety margin to spare (15-20% left). My iPhone thats another story though, I think the DJI Go app sucks the battery dry in no time, especially in low temps, after 1 flight it said 1% left (starting fully charged), however if I restarted the phone it suddely had 40-60% left , depending on the flight time.

Oh yeah and the hands, lol, one time my hands hurt like hell after just a 8 min flight, had to sit in the car blasting heat for half an hour after, so now Im using gloves, tight ones so I can control everyting, but with some insulation, works well, try it..!

2016-3-3
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Good work! Impressive flying skill and subtle editing, thanks for sharing it!
2016-3-3
Use props
-=RaM=-
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Amazing scenery..Thanks
2016-3-3
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

chrisnorway Posted at 2016-3-3 10:13
Wow, thanks alot for all your comments!  

@V-22 Osprey: As you may know batteries dont do so well ...

Beautiful!

Yeah, I have found the drone battery lasts just fine in sub zero temperatures, but I have also found my iPhone battery go right down to 1%, only to jump back up to 60% when I disconnect. Unnerving!

Well done again on the vid!
2016-3-3
Use props
articandy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Stunning video what a great place!! Did you use any editing software?
2016-3-3
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Gorgeous video, perfect music.  I liked the sped up effect in the shot starting at ~35 and I _love_ the shot starting at 21.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, what a beautiful planet we live on.  Thanks for proving it!
2016-3-3
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

Thanks again for all your comments

@alpinekiwi, yeah it really is..! I dont if its some kind of bug in the iPhone, but must have something to do with the DJI app either way. Going to be interesting to see how it does in warmer temps as we now approach spring and summer.

@articandy Thank you very much Absolutely, I used Premiere Pro for the editing. Actually I have not done much to the footage, some minor color correction only.

@spiderbot.sb Thank you so much Beatuiful locations and scenery makes shooting alot easier for sure, those are more important factors over equipment, technique and so forth in my opinion. I agree we live in an amazing world with so much beauty and diversity in nature, I would say infinite as we can not experience the whole world, even in a liftime (well, most likely not)
2016-3-3
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Great footage and beautiful scenery.  Thanks for sharing.
2016-3-3
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

Beautiful scenery and great footage!
2016-3-3
Use props
cesarromein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 842890 ft
Netherlands

I am visiting Norway this summer. Great video !! Wondering how many flights you have done to get that experience ?
2016-3-3
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't you just hate global warming....... Good video and thanks for posting it.

Butch
2016-3-3
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

cesarromein@gma Posted at 2016-3-3 19:11
I am visiting Norway this summer. Great video !! Wondering how many flights you have done to get tha ...

Thank you! Thats awesome, where in Norway are you visiting? I shot all this within the first week and a half of getting my Phantom, no prior experience, thats about 6 hours of flight total up to that point.

I did all the shots for this video in approximately 4-5 flights about 1-1,5 hours total out of the 6 hours.
2016-3-3
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

daviskw2004 Posted at 2016-3-3 19:43
Don't you just hate global warming....... Good video and thanks for posting it.

Butch

What global warming?? Thanks for your comment!
2016-3-3
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

well done on the editing and taking the shots! WOW!!!
2016-3-3
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

rreindl Posted at 2016-3-3 21:47
well done on the editing and taking the shots! WOW!!!

Thank you!
2016-3-4
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

This is a brilliant and inspiring work. Thanks and Congrats, Chris.
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Looks amazing.
2016-3-4
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

Mauro Pagliai Posted at 2016-3-4 23:37
This is a brilliant and inspiring work. Thanks and Congrats, Chris.

Thank you so much, Mauro
2016-3-7
Use props
jyrweb
New

Brilliant work Chris, makes me want to visit Norway again some time ;-)
2016-3-12
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Thats it. Norway has gone on my Bucket list.  
2016-3-13
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

jyrweb Posted at 2016-3-12 22:18
Brilliant work Chris, makes me want to visit Norway again some time ;-)

Thank you Llived here my whole life and even though its a small country, yet so much more to discover..!
2016-3-16
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-3-13 13:45
Thats it. Norway has gone on my Bucket list.

Brilliant, thanks for your comment!
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

What a beautiful land you live in ! How does the P3A cope with the cold? I hear in the coldest days in Norway you cant be outside for more than 15 minutes and going outside on your own is very dangerous...
2016-3-16
Use props
garretn
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for posting the video... Great job beautiful landscape.
2016-3-16
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

Lovely subject, and very nicely captured.  I hope to be that good some day.  I'm curious to know how many flights and how many takes it took to grab all of that, especially  those combination pan/climb/pirouette shots.   I'm practicing, but have a ways to go yet.  It's gusty here this time of year, so long smooth shots are tough to get.  
2016-3-16
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Chris!

Great work! Amazing scenery. I am off to Finland next week. I just wanted to ask if you had any signal trouble during your distant flights? Any tips, good/bads?

Many thanks!
2016-3-16
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-16 15:21
What a beautiful land you live in ! How does the P3A cope with the cold? I hear in the coldest days  ...

Thanks for your comment! I think the P3A copes very well, averages about 18 min flight time (with some battery to spare) and no problems to report. Some days were over minus 15C, and probably even colder in higher altitude. However the iphone does NOT cope well with the cold in combination with the DJI app, battery is flat after 1 flight. (Restart phone and you have 40-60% left all of a sudden)
2016-3-16
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

garretn Posted at 2016-3-16 16:38
Thanks for posting the video... Great job beautiful landscape.

Thank you!
2016-3-16
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

youngskyculler Posted at 2016-3-16 16:57
Lovely subject, and very nicely captured.  I hope to be that good some day.  I'm curious to know how ...

Thank you so much   I shot all this within the first week and a half of getting my Phantom, no prior experience, thats about 6 hours of flight total up to that point.

I did all the shots for this video in approximately 4-5 flights about 1-1,5 hours total out of the 6 hours.

First off I think the Phantom is an amazing machine which makes it all alot easier! I dont have much experience at all, but I try to practice as often as I can. Shots using 2 or more axis can be hard to do properly, but the DJI app does have some features I tend to use some times, the POI is nice to lock in one axis, then you can concentrate on radius and/or height only. I used that for panning around the snow covered tree you see towards the end of the video, manually adjusting height only while the app did the spinning around ;)

Also a tip I would like share is to be closer when you try to do more complicated shots - when my Phantom is more than 1km away the FPV starts to lag a bit which makes it alot harder to give precise stick inputs.

Good luck and happy flights..!
2016-3-16
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Chris,  this is awesome work!  The footage is superb.  Just out of interest where do you choose your music from for your aerial videos?  Lots of videos on this forum have great music but I can't see to find any.

Thanks!
2016-3-16
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

flydodom Posted at 2016-3-17 01:43
Hey Chris!

Great work! Amazing scenery. I am off to Finland next week. I just wanted to ask if you  ...

Hi and thank you very much!

Well not really any problems, I find that the FPV can lag a bit when over 1km away making precise stick inputs harder. Just make sure you never go behind any obstacle that can block your signal, make a flight plan and set the RTH altitude higher than any obstacle (realative to your takeoff point) and you shouldnt have any problems. Enjoy your trip to Finland!
2016-3-16
Use props
chrisnorway
lvl.4
Norway

@Homestead72

Thank you! Mostly I browse around soundcloud.com, if you like this kind of music for your videos you could try searching for 'cinematic' for example.

2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

chrisnorway Posted at 2016-3-17 07:15
Thanks for your comment!  I think the P3A copes very well, averages about 18 min flight time (wi ...

Thanks for that feed back its good to know.
2016-3-17
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

chrisnorway Posted at 2016-3-17 07:44
Hi and thank you very much!

Well not really any problems, I find that the FPV can lag a bit wh ...

Thank you Chris. I wont be a match to your video, i'll try my best! ;)
2016-3-17
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

Nice work - especially for someone with "no" experience??  Are you sure??
2016-3-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules