1898 4 2016-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder how many people are going to fly there new phantom 4's full speed at a brick wall or a tree and end up hitting them anyway. I think theres going to be a whole can of worms opening in a couple of weeks.
2016-3-2
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I was wondering the same thing.  And also, a questions I have for anybody who know: When the Phantom 4 is using ActiveTrack or TapFly, will the Phantom only avoid obstacles by either going over or hovering, or can it also move horizontally around an obstacle? Thanks
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, in order to let the front vision works properly, the speed in P mode has been limited to 10m/s. So the aircraft will brake according to the distance and the current speed.  In Active Track, the default settings is Passive Avoidance. That is the aircraft will stop if obstacle is encountered. You can turn on Automatic Obstacle Avoidance and Allow Backwards Flight (gear type button). Then the aircraft will pass around the obstacle. Since sideward flight may occur and currently there is no sideward obstacle avoidance function, please be careful of it. In case of emergency, you can press STOP button on the top right corner of the remote controller or STOP button in App, and the aircraft will hovering.  In tap fly, when turning on Left/Right Obstacle Avoidance, the aircraft will passing around it from left or right side. If unable to avoid the obstacle, the aircraft (in a slowly speed) will brake slowly and stop within a distance of 5m. Otherwise, the aircraft will brake immediately.   
2016-3-2
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder why DJI did not put a sonar on the front so the on-board chip knows how far the obstacle is while the cameras try to 3D Image it and come up with avoidance plan.
2016-3-3
Use props
Buy Low
lvl.2

United States

Just like the guys you see on YouTube showing off their new smart phone "unbreakable" case by throwing it at a brick wall only to watch it break into pieces.  Stupid is as stupid does.
2016-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules