Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>

This is a brand new Inspire 1.

App version:  2.6.0
Aircraft:  1.4.00.10+
RC:  1.5.70
Camera:  1.4.00.10+

I CANNOT GET THE INSPIRE 1 TO UPDATE TO 1.5

I have formattedt the card.  The bin is on the root etc.  It simply does not accept the update.  What am I doing wrong?

2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

How does it behaves? watch this video and make sure you didn't miss anything:  
2016-3-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would call DJI support and have them walk you through certain steps.
2016-3-2
Use props
Czyka
lvl.4
  • >>>

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-3-3 10:46
I would call DJI support and have them walk you through certain steps.

I have followed the steps outlined above perfectly.
2016-3-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Czyka Posted at 2016-3-2 21:50

You called them and they gave your certain steps? There is a way to refresh the aircraft. If you call them as I advised you to do so, they will walk you through the process. *Involves hitting C1+C2 buttons*

You can also google search.
2016-3-2
Use props
Czyka
lvl.4
  • >>>

Czyka Posted at 2016-3-3 10:50

Solved it.  

I reformatted the SD card with my PC rather than the MAC.  There were some other files lurking on the SD.
2016-3-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Czyka Posted at 2016-3-2 21:10
Solved it.  

I reformatted the SD card with my PC rather than the MAC.  There were some other fil ...

Them dam mac's screw things up all the time !

Just kidding, I am glad that resolved the problem.  I just hope  folks dont come unglued if i suggest they format with something other than the apple device .

Cheers -donnie
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Czyka Posted at 2016-3-3 11:10
Solved it.  

I reformatted the SD card with my PC rather than the MAC.  There were some other fil ...

Glad you got it to update, You need to enable hidden files on the Mac and then you sill see if there's anything else on the SD card.
2016-3-3
Use props
didier.degen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,

App version:  2.6.0
Aircraft:  1.4.00.10+
RC:  1.5.70
Camera:1.00.30+
I can't start the firmware upgrade .
I did format my SD on my Mac or/ and on my Inspire via the DJI Go app, then put the bin file and inserted  it in the Inspire but no success.
I repeated the operation with different SD cards , doesn't work !
Thanks

2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

didier.degen@te Posted at 2016-3-9 01:01
Hi,

you are only powering up the aircraft correct, it does take up to 25 minutes to update,
Try reformatting the SD card and enabling hidden files on your Mac to make sure nothing is on the SD card except for the BIN file.
Try again and let the aircraft sit, if it does not update then post the log file.
2016-3-8
Use props
Didier Degen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-8 18:20
you are only powering up the aircraft correct, it does take up to 25 minutes to update,
Try reform ...

I 've downloaded the bin file on my Mac first , now tried on a PC .
I've formatted the SD card on my Mac, on my PC, on my Inspire
I've tried all the combinations possible.
There is only the bin file on the SD, I put it in the Inspire slot, switch it on, there is a D-DD sound, then the gimbal is moving for 10 seconds and then nothing happens. Green light, no more D sounds even after 10 minutes waiting.
What do you mean by sending the log file ?
Thanks !
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Didier Degen Posted at 2016-3-9 06:39
I 've downloaded the bin file on my Mac first , now tried on a PC .
I've formatted the SD card on ...

Normally the D-DD will go on for 15-20 minutes telling you it's updating. When finished it will make 4 beeps DDDD, DDDD.
If it's not doing that then something is happening during the update.
Take the SD card out of the aircraft and put it back in the computer and it will have a TXT file. Copy the text and paste it in a post here.
And then do the same with the hidden log file with these instructions.
Windows system :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
Mac system :
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/

And does the aircraft connect to the RC and the app? If so, go to the about page and post what the aircraft firmware says.

Also, here's a users writeup on how to view hidden files on PC that may be easier to read.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html
2016-3-8
Use props
Didier Degen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi again !

I checked and removed the hidden files from the SD card as you recommended me , then put the bin file.
The problem is that when I start the Inspire , I hear ONE  D-DD and then nothing happens. So I can't send you a log file since there is no one.
I made many upgrades on my Phantoms and they all succeeded, I'm not a beginner.

/Users/degen/Desktop/Inspire.PNG[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum//Users/degen/Desktop/Inspire Status.PNG[/img]
2016-3-9
Use props
Didier Degen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

I forgot to say that the aircraft connects perfectly and I could even fly it
2016-3-9
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Didier Degen Posted at 2016-3-9 03:03
Hi again !

I checked and removed the hidden files from the SD card as you recommended me , then put ...

After you have an unsuccessful install of the Firmware, Examine the hidden File  ( Just please try ) to see what it says, and post the log here .   If you dont know how,  there is a Link on this page below . Please read it the whole thing .   This will tell you if there is a problem with the SD card and or  Video Logic Board ( For downloads and video )   Please give this a try and post the Results Here .
Kens message might have been mis-understood ( Lost in translation ) Ken wants to see the log on the SD card after the attempted update, not to "Format  the SD Card "

I know you are not new at this only trying to help.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

All the best to you and yours - donnie

P.S.  - I have a Inspire with 1.6 on it.  I can take the firmware 1.6 and load it again to my aircraft, I will hear One beep maybe and it will still give me the hidden log of how things are operating on the aircraft.  Give it a try please ,  And post the hidden log.

"The problem is that when I start the Inspire , I hear ONE  D-DD and then nothing happens. So I can't send you a log file since there is no one."  Please check there should be one. Thank you!

2016-3-9
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Didier Degen Posted at 2016-3-9 03:03
Hi again !

I checked and removed the hidden files from the SD card as you recommended me , then put ...

Also because this rarely happens on Inspire Please check a couple things as well:
- Check and Make sure the Firmware did not already load up and was just faster than you thought, check on go app "about" page  with all systems on  (Stranger things have Happened)   I know it is doubtful but please just make sure. ( I know this is reaching but please double check)
- You are currently on 1.4  ( Confirmed?  )  trying to load 1.5 correct, not jumping right to 1.6 correct.  ( jUST CONFIRMING WHAT YOU WROTE )- you can jump from 1.3 or 1.4 to 1.6 but I advise to stay in  order.

- Format it on the Aircraft or a PC.  Mac's sometimes leave data on it. MAKE SURE THE OTHER SD CARDS MEETS SPECS.

- Make sure the Connection between the Camera and the Gimbal is Perfect.  check all of the pins, make sure none of then are bent.  Make sure camera is securely Locked in place.

-Double check the location of the Firmware, I know you said you came from Phantom's , just make sure you are getting it from the Inspire 1 and not the Inspire  Pro for example.

I am sorry you are having trouble, if none of these help, please read the link on " Hidden Files" and list the results  from the log here.

-donnie

2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules