Broken Props - Chain link fence wins
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobcat50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353064 ft
United States

I'm located in northern San Diego County. Have about 25 acres of flying space with 2 of my neighbers permisson to fly over their property.

Purchased P3P end of last October. Yesterday was flight 101. Before I landed I was flying at about 1 Meter AGL, move PS3 15 feet to right then left 20 feet. Next I know that I'm less than 1 foot from fence. Wind picks up and I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time.

P3P is drifing into the fence and contact is made, excecuted a control stick power down. Flipped upside down and landed on the ground.

After inspection only damage is the 4 props. None to the P3P, no gimbal damage or cracks in the body.

Installed new props and flew for 10 minutes today. Motors sound the same, less than 20 feet AGL for flying while I determine if any other damage was done.

All systems passed calibration before take-off today. Right now I'm confidant that only the props were damaged.

Broken Props 1.jpg
Broken Props 2.jpg
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Wow, so everything works well expect for the broken props?  Then you will just need to replace the props, but for safety, it's better to check the aircraft thoroughly.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules