FPV with Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>

Ok I am looking to add the hdmi board to my advanced controller.  What else would I need besides the goggles?
2016-3-3
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I guess a cable with the right connectors.
2016-3-3
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

make sure your firmware is 128 or more because the board wont work with 119 firmware ....
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-3 18:23
make sure your firmware is 128 or more because the board wont work with 119 firmware ....

on the controller?
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BASS 666 Posted at 2016-3-3 18:23

on the controller?
2016-3-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

You could always use Litchi with Samsung VR Gear (if on Android) and have at er without anything else....
2016-3-3
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-3 21:49
You could always use Litchi with Samsung VR Gear (if on Android) and have at er without anything els ...

I am using iPhone
2016-3-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha dacofty,

Yes, on the controller.  Because the HDMI module is on the controller, the controller firmware has to be able to manage it.  So it has to be upgraded to a compatible firmware.

FPV is very interesting using the HDMI module.  First time I flew with my goggles I was able to comfortably land my P3 next to me on my picnic table.  The HDMI module can also be used with an external monitor.  I bought a 15.6 inch monitor and very powerful battery pack for less than my goggles.  I can use my monitor for the camera view and the tablet DJI Go display for the map view - both way larger than the normal experience.

As North alluded to, you can bypass the module by choosing a tablet that has HDMI output.  My friend bought an nVidia Shield for $200 US and the my goggles and monitor display output shows everything that is on the DJI Go app during camera mode - even the map.  My HDMI module only shows basic OSD.  My rig shows map and camera view separately, but on his set-up each display (and the goggles option) has both the camera and map views together.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-4
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I had to update the bird as well as the controller because nothing would work ....
2016-3-4
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-4 04:55
Aloha dacofty,

Yes, on the controller.  Because the HDMI module is on the controller, the co ...

what is the best compatible goggles? not necessarily the most expensive
2016-3-4
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-4 02:22
what is the best compatible goggles? not necessarily the most expensive

Aloha dacofty,

The goggles I use are FatShark.  Please realize that they come in two video frame formats 4:3 and 16:9.  I am using 4:3, but with "720P" resolution, the same as my DJI Go display.  If I had done more research and experienced more goggles, I probably would have gone with the 16:9 variant.  Currently, the 16:9 variant is less expensive.  It is also not using the 720p resolution.

Please realize that I am still new to all this and my eyes are not the best, so goggles are not my forte.  At some of the resolutions available, field of vision is better than resolution - your eyes fill in the blanks.  But, ultimately, you want a really good FPV.  Between my goggles and my monitor set-ups, I do get some cool FPV.  You will have to do your own research with our information to get what you want.  I hope we are helpful!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I realize you are using an apple device,  but if Litchi ever decides to make all Android features available on Iphone/iPod/ iWhatever,  then , as a guy who has tried a lot of different solutions for FPV with goggles,  in my opinion any one of the Google Goggle setups that are factory made out of plastic and cost 25 to 50 dollars gives a superior view to my sort of expensive FatShark Dominator V3's.  My S5 Galaxy firs right into the ones I got,  called VR Box.  That provides a 70 degree field of view at the same resolution as my s5,  which is,  on the Litchi app,  720p.  No lag.  No hassle.  
On the other hand,  using the Hdmi module on the controller,  you can still get FPV even without running the app.  When I plug the FatSharks directly into the module on the controller, as long as I am all set up already, I don't even bother sometimes with the app.
Lastly,  I also have an Nvidia Shield 8 inch tablet that has an Hdmi output that I can plug the FatSharks into and have the goggle display as well as the FPV on the tablet.  When I use the Hdmi module with the Fatsharks  at the same time as I use the Google cardboard setup,  I can fly with a co-pilot.  Oh,  and the Cardboard setup lets you control the tilt of the camera by tilting your head,  which the FatSharks will not do with the Phantom.  At least not for now.
2016-3-5
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-5 04:48
Aloha dacofty,

The goggles I use are FatShark.  Please realize that they come in two video f ...

Ok so i use iphone 6 plus,  do i need an adapter for iphone or the hdmi board.  if i go with board and goggles what program do i use?  does dji go app work?
2016-3-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-3-5 14:17
Ok so i use iphone 6 plus,  do i need an adapter for iphone or the hdmi board.  if i go with board ...

Aloha dacofty,

Your device is your display (iPhone6+).  The HDMI module, that replaces your USB module under your Remote Control has a mini HDMI port where you plug in a mini-HDMI plug.  If you need a mini-HDMI adapter to plug into the new HDMI port, use it.  The other end goes to your goggles or in my case, an exterior monitor.  If that end needs an adapter, use it.  Once everything is connected - and connected before you turn on anything - you may turn on your device followed by the Remote Controller.  The new HDMI module also has a USB port so your device will still be connected to the Remote Controller.  Finally turn on your P3 and after reviewing the pre-flight check list, close the list to enter camera view.  Now you should have your normal flight desktop supplemented by goggles.  You cannot otherwise use the goggles to control the P3.  You still require the device to control the P3, so you have to look around the goggles to see the device display and touch screen to control the P3.

The DJI Go app handles the goggles, and if you use one, the monitor.  They are plug-and-play.  Your only problem will be to make sure the HDMI cable connects at each end.  Then you may need adapters.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

a goggles would be amazing ,
I'm wondering how well this can work for the phantom 3   ;)

Does any one try it already ?

2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I use it all the time on my P3,  with the Litchi app.  It wont work with the Dji-Go app.
2016-3-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-6 10:49
I use it all the time on my P3,  with the Litchi app.  It wont work with the Dji-Go app.

check this out, did it the other day, it works!!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-43401-1-1.html
2016-3-5
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-5 20:16
Aloha dacofty,

Your device is your display (iPhone6+).  The HDMI module, that replaces your  ...

ok thanks i wasnt wanting to control the P3 with goggles.  I was wanting to use it to see mainly
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules