blades still show up in P
1021 12 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

I though DJI fixed blades showing in video in P4 but it's still there 4.55 time :

2016-3-4
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

They've improved it but if you fly "aggressively" (that section is in Speed mode) with the camera pointed up you're going to get the props in the shot. It's just an inherent limitation of the Phantom design. In Position mode and with the camera now a wee bit further forward it'll happen less often.

2016-3-4
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i think that example shows Sport mode, so not surprising.
BUT: you can also clearly see them during the VERGE review at 3:10 and 3:50, and that seems to be Regular mode. could be wrong..

it s such a major flaw... i flew P2+hero4 in Iceland last September (very windy = drone always in steep angle) and about 1/3 of footage 100% unusable. I upgraded 3D printed H3-3D mount that lowers and puts cam further forward, but that barely helped.

was really hoping they would improve/eliminate it, but i guess in a craft this small hard to do. quite disappointing...

2016-3-4
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes but again the Phantom is flying low with a low camera angle... We're up against Euclidean geometry here!
2016-3-4
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

well, how about they lower the camera and bring it forward? Or curve the arms slightly upwards?
currently it sits pretty centered and a good 2-3" off the ground. seems like there is alot of slack for that...

2016-3-4
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

or how about a flight mode that doesnt allow drone to tilt into an angle that moves props into frame? sure, it would handle like a tractor and not be able to fight much wind, but it would keep you from breaking your footage if conditions are calm.
2016-3-4
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

I don't think speed mode have anything to do with it. In video I'm sure it heaven't reached it's top speed and they showed. Form images on dji website I understood that props are higher and also it looks liek they are a bit at the angle (like more tilted back) so I though it will be big fix. Also DJI is marketing it as action drone to film action sports. So it will have to move fast and with props showing all over in frame it will be a pity.
2016-3-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

lukx Posted at 2016-3-4 23:40
I don't think speed mode have anything to do with it. In video I'm sure it heaven't reached it's top ...

In Sport Mode it tilts 45˚ and you're surprised that the props can get in frame!!
It's pretty simple ... Tilt the camera down and the props aren't in the frame.
But if you're flying at 45˚ tilt you have to tilt the camera further down.
2016-3-4
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sebb Posted at 2016-3-4 12:26
well, how about they lower the camera and bring it forward? Or curve the arms slightly upwards?
curr ...

Limited room for manouvre there - that's why the Inspire was born! The camera has been brought forward a bit which helps.
2016-3-4
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sebb Posted at 2016-3-4 12:32
or how about a flight mode that doesnt allow drone to tilt into an angle that moves props into frame ...

That's P (Position) mode (maxes out at 10m/s - i.e. limits the tilt).
2016-3-4
Use props
thegoodtouch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137283 ft
United States

Shoot at 4K and crop down to 1080p to remove the props.
2016-3-4
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2016-3-4 16:36

The Verge flew in P and they still showed
2016-3-5
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2016-3-4 15:36

It'll still tilt more flying against the wind.
2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules