nd filters that you don't have to unscrew original one?
1006 13 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

Are there any quality ND fgilters that work with Pahntom 3 without unscrewing the oryginal one form camera?
2016-3-4
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Adding filters to your camera without removing the original will just add weight to your gimble theres no point.Is it you have a problem removing the original.
2016-3-4
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

There is a kit of thin plastic films you can place on the inside of the lens. This keeps the original lens but you will need to unscrew it and replace or remove the film as necessary.
2016-3-4
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

Here maybe this will help      
2016-3-4
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

ditzco.com is the site with the film filters that slip over the original lens.
2016-3-4
Use props
uskaper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155581 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Received this one today... Will post my thoughts when I try it in practice. For now it looks and seems okay. Very lightweight and well made.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/D ... -3/32452140596.html
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It might interfered the weight balance  and stabilization of the gimbal if you mount an extra filter.
2016-3-4
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

oh ok so do you guys recommend original dji filters because the polar pro seems more bulky?
2016-3-5
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

lukx Posted at 2016-3-5 10:34
oh ok so do you guys recommend original dji filters because the polar pro seems more bulky?

I use polar pro no problems
2016-3-5
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft

Maybe the search function or Google doesn't work very well as this question seems to get asked about every 5 minutes.

Taco filters are very light, < 2grams.

http://taco-rc.com/taco-rc-nd-fi ... ance-free-shipping/
2016-3-5
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The more you put pieces of plastic or glass in front of a lens the more you degrade the quality : this is true for every lens, even premium ones.
The Phantom picture quality being what it is (bad), it is better to avoid adding a filter over another one.
2016-3-5
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

torinodave Posted at 2016-3-4 17:55
ditzco.com is the site with the film filters that slip over the original lens.

I tried them and they were horrible, flimsy, and impossible to install or remove, with out getting fingerprints.
A little thicker than saran wrap, but not much, if you are installing them do so in a wind free area, or they will blow away.
They couldn't cost more than  .99 cents to manufacture. but cost $28.95 or $34.95.
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I have DJI filters as well as Polar Pro filters and they all work great.
Unscrewing is a bit difficult, but if you hold the lens with 3 fingers equally spaced around the lens cover and twist without squeezing too tight it comes off just fine.Be careful whe removing the lens as to not lose the rubber o-ring.
2016-3-5
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft

kjmarsola@gmail Posted at 2016-3-6 01:54
I tried them and they were horrible, flimsy, and impossible to install or remove, with out getting ...

I agree. They were a pain to use and very hard to avoid fingerprints.
2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules