Phantom 4 Shipping Date
12Next >
7275 79 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coreysromero
lvl.1
United States

Pre-ordered my P4 a couple of days ago, anyone know the shipping date? I have a big trip the first part of April and hoping to have it by then.

2016-3-4
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

My understanding is the official release date is March 15.  Whether they start shipping before then or on then, who knows.  I ordered through Apple and it shows March 17-18 as the estimated receive date.  But it will come when it comes...
2016-3-4
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-4 07:20
My understanding is the official release date is March 15.  Whether they start shipping before then  ...

Was taxes included via apple with the 1399 price?
2016-3-4
Use props
thegoodtouch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137283 ft
United States

I bought mine from Apple and it says delivery from March 11th-March 18th
2016-3-4
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

icsrz Posted at 2016-3-4 10:51

I was charged sales tax at my state rate based on a sales price 10% below MSRP.  
2016-3-4
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

icsrz Posted at 2016-3-4 09:51

Apple ALWAYS charges local taxes specific to where you are when you purchase - whether online or in one of their stores.  If they did not charge a sales tax, that would be a first since around 1987.   That's why I ordered direct from DJI.  Taxes for me would almost be equal to an extra battery.
2016-3-4
Use props
coreysromero
lvl.1
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-4 07:20
My understanding is the official release date is March 15.  Whether they start shipping before then  ...

Thank you
2016-3-4
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

People will start receiving there orders on march 15th in the order they were placed, i should get mine on the 15th cause i order with in the first minute it went live but you never know. I ordered my osmo on the first day and didnt get it for a month.
2016-3-4
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

To confirm what was stated above, the DJI Store says:

Estimated Shipping Time: Start to ship according to the payment sequence from March 15.
2016-3-4
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-4 10:55
I was charged sales tax at my state rate based on a sales price 10% below MSRP.

That sucks, what state do you live in ?
I haven't heard anything like this before.
2016-3-4
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

kjmarsola@gmail Posted at 2016-3-4 19:10
That sucks, what state do you live in ?
I haven't heard anything like this before.

Charging sales tax is standard for Apple (and any online retailer with physical stores, offices or warehouses in the state).  At least the 10% off more than made up for it so I still netted ahead.

I live in NJ, but I'm pretty sure Apple charges taxes in every state based on that state's rate (unless you live in a no sales tax state).  Many online retailers don't collect sales tax if they have no physical assets in the state, though legally you still owe the tax.
2016-3-4
Use props
adambfarmer
lvl.1

United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-4 18:36
Charging sales tax is standard for Apple (and any online retailer with physical stores, offices or ...

How did you receive 10% off with Apple.
2016-3-7
Use props
adambfarmer
lvl.1

United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-4 18:36
Charging sales tax is standard for Apple (and any online retailer with physical stores, offices or ...

How did you get 10% off?
2016-3-7
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

adambfarmer Posted at 2016-3-7 22:27
How did you get 10% off?

Apple EPP -- many companies subscribe to employee discount services that give you discounts at various retailers.  The one my company uses includes Apple.  The discount varies by product and is ironically usually less of a discount for their own products than the third party products they sell.  For the Phantom's it was 10%.
2016-3-8
Use props
adambfarmer
lvl.1

United States

Oh ok. Kind of what they do for military. I've looked it up in the past and like you said, it usually isn't much. I didn't think to check the Phantom. Thanks
2016-3-8
Use props
adambfarmer
lvl.1

United States

Not as lucky as you sir. The EPP for the government is not as good as your company's. Ours is only for Apple products.
2016-3-8
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

I ordered the first day from dji, if mine hasn't shipped by the time i get out of work, on the 15th, i'm going to call the apple stores, to see if they have them!
I talked to the apple store, and they said they'd know a couple days before what's coming in, inventory.
2016-3-8
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-8 07:29
Apple EPP -- many companies subscribe to employee discount services that give you discounts at var ...

Apple employees got an even bigger discount than 10%
2016-3-8
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-3-8 14:54
Apple employees got an even bigger discount than 10%

Also some credit cards gave a little more percent off using at an apple store, can't remember off the top of my head but one of mine gave a few extra percent.

Still for me was not enough to make up for tax.  So went with DJI... hopefully they ship soon after.
2016-3-8
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I ordered directly from DJI. The web site said that the $1399 included California state sales tax so I guess DJI paid it. Not a bad discount. That helped me pull the trigger.
2016-3-8
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-9 01:37
I ordered directly from DJI. The web site said that the $1399 included California state sales tax so ...

Interesting.  I chatted with DJI "pre-sales" before deciding to buy with Apple and specifically asked if I would be charged tax on-top of the $1,399 price if I bought with them.  They said yes.  I clarified to make sure there was no mistake and they said if I lived in a state where tax was charged it would be added to the purchase price.

It wouldn't have made a difference since the 10% Apple discount still exceeded the potential tax so I netted ahead, but what a way to lose a potential sale.  If they are going to eat the tax you would think they should be promoting that.
2016-3-9
Use props
kowssarie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Looks like new shipping date is now March 22. DJI sales support gave me that date even though I ordered within minutes after preorder went live on DJI website.  
2016-3-9
Use props
adamjaeger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37172 ft
United States

kowssarie Posted at 2016-3-9 10:27
Looks like new shipping date is now March 22. DJI sales support gave me that date even though I orde ...

I hope that isn't the case. I am already paying for mine since the charge hit my credit card. This is a cleared transaction, not pending. I will have to pay my CC card in full before the thing ships. Hopefully someone from DJI can shed some light here.
2016-3-9
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

kowssarie Posted at 2016-3-9 13:27
Looks like new shipping date is now March 22. DJI sales support gave me that date even though I orde ...

Is that date for the people that order now, and not us who preordered early??
2016-3-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-3-4 16:42
It looks like Apple has exclusivity until April 1st. Starting April 1st, the P4 is allowed to be sol ...

B+H Photo says it's available through them starting March 26th, fyi.
2016-3-9
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-3-9 15:52
B+H Photo says it's available through them starting March 26th, fyi.

So much for the one month exclusive for Apple.
2016-3-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-9 15:53

yea, I hadn't heard that anywhere else, but DJI did just announce a new partnership/co-op thing with Apple the other day, so who knows what's really going on as long as DJI is being tight-lipped about it.
2016-3-9
Use props
adambfarmer
lvl.1

United States

I was just told by DJI that my P4 will ship "at March 20 or so" from China. I ordered about an hour after they went on sale.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

Estimated Shipping Time: Start to ship phantom 4 according to the payment sequence from March 15.

If you order from DJI online store, you don't need to pay for any other fee after payment.

As for Apple discount, we kindly suggest you contact Apple for detail.

Thanks.
2016-3-9
Use props
Sinisalo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066804 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered from Apple on March 4th, the delivery estimate has changed in my order history and even online if I were to order today it says March 15-17th for overnight shipping or March 16th-18th for free shipping.
2016-3-9
Use props
kowssarie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

cwhobbies Posted at 2016-3-10 04:20

I pre-ordered the day it was announced and my card was charged instantly.  So I don't get it how my shipping date is The 22nd when it should be the 15th.  
2016-3-10
Use props
cortexian.0
New

Canada

I assume the note on the DJI website about shipping in sequence means they will be shipping out orders in a "first ordered, first served" distribution style. I'm assuming it's limited by initial quantities of product available.

This will be the first drone I've owned personally (flew a few before fairly well, including Phantom 2 and 3 models). I'm excited to get mine so it would be nice to see if DJI can provide estimated ship dates based off our order numbers... DJI?
2016-3-10
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

If a company has a PHYSICAL presence in a state, they must charge sales tax for all sales that take place in that state.    That's why DJI doesn't charge sales tax and Apple does.
2016-3-10
Use props
kowssarie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-9 15:53

in original statement, DJI said Apple Exclusivity will run March 15- March 23.  not a month.  All other retailers can sell after March 23
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-10 00:13
Interesting.  I chatted with DJI "pre-sales" before deciding to buy with Apple and specifically as ...

It doesn't matter where you live, if you order from DJI online, there is no extra charge for sales tax.
Whatever you order. the price it says online is the final price. And free shipping as well.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

You may or may not get your P4 before your trip. Depends on where in the que you are when ordered and how many P4's were ordered.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-3-9 14:37
I ordered directly from DJI. The web site said that the $1399 included California state sales tax so ...

Correct, the $1,399 price you paid is your final price.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kowssarie Posted at 2016-3-10 02:27

They will start shipping on the 15th, so depending on where you are in the que you may get it several days after the 15th or closer the end of the month. Possibly even into the beginning of April depending on how many are ordered.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cwhobbies Posted at 2016-3-10 04:20

The first ones who preordered should get theirs a little after the 15th. If you order now you may or may not receive it by the end of March.
2016-3-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules