3974 62 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

No its not you, its not your computer, DJI decided to clump all the Phantoms into a clump-fest! For myself I am only interested in Phantom 3 threads. I don't want to file through the Phantom 1, 2 or 4 threads to find the ones I'm looking for. I don't have that much time here on earth for the Phantom shuffle. Lets put it to the test and show the DHI folks how we feel about their new  phantom forum.

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 187 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

9.04% (17)
90.96% (171)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-3-4
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

It's really a no brainier. You don't see car forums covering every car ever made. No they are separated by model and even by generation year and what not.
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've noticed that the other forums have been pretty dead lately like the phantom 1 hasn't had a post in over a month so personally I think it's a good thing.
2016-3-4
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-5 02:52
I've noticed that the other forums have been pretty dead lately like the phantom 1 hasn't had a post ...

It's probably more of an issue when half of the posts are P3 and half are P4.  That won't be far off.
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-3-4 11:47
It's probably more of an issue when half of the posts are P3 and half are P4.  That won't be far o ...

Yes, they probably jumped the gun a little bit
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I do not like it..
I think it would make sense if they at least added the P1 and P2 to the categories below or something,
This is going to make it difficult for many of those users to find anything  and I really think DJI are messing this up...Or at least lump P1 and P2 and P3 and P4 or something...
image.jpeg
2016-3-4
Use props
garagedoor.medi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-4 17:49
Yes, they probably jumped the gun a little bit

Bring back the old style, only interested in Phantom3A
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

garagedoor.medi Posted at 2016-3-5 01:58
Bring back the old style, only interested in Phantom3A

I think this is going to do a few things (none of which are positive or productive)
A lot more redundancy in posting of the same question and will really clog this forum up horribly..

Less input by those inclined to want to try to help support a particular product/thread as they will get tired of reading through items that are completely irrelevant
2016-3-4
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Definitely put them back or at least allow us to filter.  I have a P2 and P3, and i'm usually looking for model specific feedback.
2016-3-4
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>

Gabe R Posted at 2016-3-4 23:46
It's really a no brainier. You don't see car forums covering every car ever made. No they are separa ...

If you look around at some of the car forums most of the big three forms have it broke down into sub categories like DJI used to have and if I have a Chevrolet Car why do I want to be in the Chevrolet truck forum
2016-3-4
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

hmm I liked it before
2016-3-4
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>

I can see combining all older crafts into 1 forum but I think the P3 will have more than enough to keep it going without subjecting everyone to P4 posts
2016-3-4
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-4
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I don't mind the lump clump. I can see many things will apply to all and we can all benefit.
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-5 04:17
the red bar represents 7 DJI employees lol

Yep,
Ken, Tim, Ed, Amy, Patrick, Ranen, Dave and Bielzibob....Edit..and rreindl, he is the 8th..Lol
2016-3-4
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

It just makes you wonder...who is making all these bad decisions?  

Butch
2016-3-4
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-4
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Sorry, that's how I fly.
2016-3-4
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I think clumping them together made this forum totally useless.

And on another front, from all the negative posts about DJI repair service and customer service in the last two years I have been in these forums, why on earth would they want to make it harder for us owners to try and help ourselves?
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

rreindl Posted at 2016-3-5 05:49
Sorry, that's how I fly.

Fly with the Seagulls or SOAR with the Eagles....Right now you and DJI are shitting on the majority...Just sayin!
2016-3-4
Use props
rasit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386089 ft

I just wish when I reopen a thread I've been following, it would take me directly to "unread" posts......
2016-3-4
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Makes no sense at all - someone definitely got carried away with the P4 launch. The P4 is going to be crazy with new issues, bugs, chatter, etc. And I'd like the option to hear it or not. A P3 post is far more likely to get lost amongst the noise, that is if it survives long enough on the first few pages before being pushed down, and down, and down.........

Post titles only include model ref some of the time. Going in and out of posts without them to find out what they're about is going to get very old, very quickly.

Come on DJI, admit it was a poor decision and give us back the categories. Or at the very least, allow us to filter if we want.
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2016-3-5 06:06
I think clumping them together made this forum totally useless.

And on another front, from all the  ...

DJI are obviously not highway or infrastructure oriented....They want to congest the place.....

Fly with the Seagulls or SOAR with the Eagles....Right now DJI are shite-ing on the majority...Just sayin!
2016-3-4
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Of the 60 posts on page 1 (as of right now) only 8 state P4 in the title and 7 state P3 (or have info that gives a clue to the model).

That leaves 45 where you don't know which type they apply to.
Who has the patience to trawl through them all? Goodbye community of the experienced helping out beginners, hello ghost town!
2016-3-4
Use props
wheezy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86755 ft
United States

F minus - the clump is dumb.
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Anderjon Posted at 2016-3-5 06:29
Of the 60 posts on page 1 (as of right now) only 8 state P4 in the title and 7 state P3 (or have inf ...

Agreed,
This will result in far more duplication of questions and/or needless threads not to mention losing interest to try to be on here to provide any level of feedback...

This is junk...and if junk were art. this would be worth a million dollars....or more....

2016-3-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Even the PhantomPilots.com site divides it.  They even have separate category for Standard,  Advanced and Pro on the P3 line.  Considering that the P4 is supposed to be such a step up from the P3 line,  this makes no sense.  It is actually an admission that the 4 is really not much different from the P1, P2 and P3 line.   That sort of sends the wrong message.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-5 04:47
Yep,
Ken, Tim, Ed, Amy, Patrick, Ranen, Dave and Bielzibob....Edit..and rreindl, he is the 8th..Lol ...

100% NOT ! ! !
2016-3-4
Use props
retired dog
lvl.2

United States

Come on DJI, just own up to the fact that you screwed up with this change!
2016-3-5
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey everyone!
Keep voting on this issue! Keep your replies coming! DJI-AMY  sent me a reply from a different thread after reviewing this thread.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 10&page=1#pid334149
I think they are getting the message here!
2016-3-5
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Hi mjlstudios
My apologies for the identical post, I honestly only saw yours after I posted.
I have edited my title and post intro, as well as providing a link to your post.

Hope this helps
Cheers
2016-3-5
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-3-5 06:32
Hi mjlstudios
My apologies for the identical post, I honestly only saw yours after I posted.
I have  ...

The more threads on this issue the better it is for us! Don't apologize...thank you for posting too!
2016-3-5
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

They are trying to sell the 4. What better way than to force 3 owners to read about it?
2016-3-5
Use props
tmygun1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would just seems that putting all the Phantom forums together would make it more difficult for people that need help or answers to their questions,  get the information they need.

It didn't take long in the old format for questions/posts to get cycled to the second (next) page in any category, especially when there were not immediate answers.

There are lots of people out there that are just getting into the DJI family and need a helping hand.....I just feel like this will make it more difficult for them to wade through all the threads in a particular category.........especially the "Help" Category.
For me I don't really look at it as a problem......but I know if I would have had to wade through all the combined posts a year ago, I would have been lost.
2016-3-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would imagine that they will bring it back to satisfy the majority of the forum members.
2016-3-5
Use props
lotus1235
lvl.2

Who came up with this idea? Are they looking to piss the group off?  I think they finally did something with the outcome they wanted.
2016-3-5
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

It would be nice if DJI would keep the Phantoms separated, they had a good thing, one step forward, two steps back!
2016-3-5
Use props
Kmccarthy
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken, can you provide some insight on this? Why did DJI make the change, with no warning or explanation? Really bad move.
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Kmccarthy Posted at 2016-3-6 00:29
DJI-Ken, can you provide some insight on this? Why did DJI make the change, with no warning or exp ...

I will get more information on it Monday.
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-4 12:17
the red bar represents 7 DJI employees lol

No, I have already stated in several threads we should NOT lump all the Phantoms in one forum.

Dave
2016-3-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules