S1000 with Zenmuse Z15-5D Follow Me hardware
1147 6 2016-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crozzj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

Has anyone developed or are going to develop hardware for the Zenmuse Z15-5D (S1000) with follow me function?
I have a Canon 5Dmk3 installed in the gimbal with two Futaba T14SG transmitters one for flight and one for camera control. If I am by myself filming it is very difficult to track subjects.
2016-3-4
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I am sorry to tell you that this function is very unlikely to be coming to the Spreadwings series.  Tracking subjects can be tricky but it is very easy once you get the hang of controlling the sticks and certainly something that will come to you only with time practicing.   
2016-3-21
Use props
crozzj
lvl.2
Australia

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-3-22 02:49
I am sorry to tell you that this function is very unlikely to be coming to the Spreadwings series.   ...

Thanks for the response, the reason I asked Vertical Al were developing a system but it looks like that they have abandoned the idea. It had a HDMI cable from the camera to the airframe which looked like a problem.
Quite often I fly by myself and my system is set up with two controllers which make it difficult to operate the camera and fly.
2016-4-20
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I know the feeling.   Not to mention is not very safe either if something were to come up all the sudden.   What part of Australia are you in?
2016-4-22
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Australia

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-4-23 13:23
I know the feeling.   Not to mention is not very safe either if something were to come up all the su ...

I'm in WA 15 minutes north of Perth
2016-4-22
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Cool,  I went to Perth a couple of times.   Great place, love Australia.   What do you do there in WA?  Are you an UAV operator there?
2016-4-24
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Australia

I have worked in the industrial construction industry most of my life FIFO and on my week off every 4 weeks I needed a hobby so I purchased some big boy toys. I haven't had time to get my UAV operator certificate yet but I am going to do it soon. I am currently out of work so this would come in handy.
I have been to Canada yet but it is on my bucket list.
2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules