Early model P3P should I stay on firmware 1.4?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randywgreen
lvl.2

United States

Hi, I have an early model P3P and am currently on firmware 1.4.  I have heard that the older model motors have vibration iissues when upgraded to 1.6.   Anyone else get their P3P at release and are at 1.6 with no issues?

Thanks.
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I am also running 1.4.  And I am very happy not to have upgraded and gained all those cool features like NFZ's.  I do not plan on doing any more firmware upgrades.  I hope.
2016-3-6
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

if I were you I would stay there. The latest firmware update slowed its rate of climb.
2016-3-6
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Run a search. You will find many topics on this..I have the P3P that works fine on 1.4 and have no intention on upgrading..
2016-3-6
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

cbrenkus Posted at 2016-3-6 22:51
Run a search. You will find many topics on this..I have the P3P that works fine on 1.4 and have no i ...

Thanks, but I realize the P3P is fine on 1.4.  I was curious about early model P3P's on 1.6.
2016-3-6
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-6 18:49
I am also running 1.4.  And I am very happy not to have upgraded and gained all those cool features  ...

Thanks for that info.
2016-3-6
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2016-3-6 20:05
if I were you I would stay there. The latest firmware update slowed its rate of climb.

Good to know.  Thanks.
2016-3-6
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2016-3-6 04:05

Don't you wonder why they slowed the rate of climb?

I have noticed in several conditions (not just climb), that I will occasionally get a message on the DJI GO app that the power output to the motors has been reduced to save battery (I don't recall the exact wording -- I'll try to catch a screen grab next time and will start a new thread when I do). That to me says that the DJI engineers put in some safeties because of failures that customers have reported.

So not upgrading means that you may risk having the same thing happen to your bird, what ever that thing is that caused DJI to make that change.

I fly an early generation and a newer generation P3P on the latest firmware and have no issues.

I won't stop upgrading the firmware unless they come out with too-heavy restrictions to where I can fly or put a hard cap on flight height limits.
2016-3-6
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

I have an early model P3P and experienced vibration after FW 1.5 especially in below 50 deg F temps. I would stay at FW 1.4, unless you are flying in very cold weather (32 deg F or below) in which case you may want to chance the vibration issue to get battery protection in FW 1.6. Also turn off auto app updates on your phone/tablet so that you can decide on app updates and features before they are auto installed.
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules