Is it safe to use it the autopilot app?
1028 3 2016-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SwedishDroneDud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164098 ft

Sweden

I`ve been looking at the app store and I found a app that´s called "Autopilot for DJI" by Auto pilot logic. And I am thinking about buying it but I don´t know if it´s a safe option.
2016-3-5
Use props
Rich in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased Autopilot but have not used it yet.  I am also interested in what users of Autopilot have to say.  It looks good and is designed for use on IOS devices.  I also have Litchi but it still lacks features for the IOS systems.
2016-3-5
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To be honest: I also purchased the app - but was not "easy-to-use" - at least not for me. I don't like the waipoint-mission function of autopilot. "RTH when signal is lost"
I use always FPV Camera and is simple to use and 100% reliable. I make at least 50 autonomise missions with the app. For manual flying I always use the DJI GO app.

2016-3-5
Use props
lido_bmt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87772 ft

Rich in Boise Posted at 2016-3-6 02:45
I purchased Autopilot but have not used it yet.  I am also interested in what users of Autopilot hav ...

I feel like I'm constantly posting these in the forums, but I can't help it – the app is amazing. It makes the DJI Go app feel extremely limited. It has a slight learning curve, but once you learn the basics all the modes are simply extensions built on top of the base ideas. My suggestion is to start with something VERY simple, like zipline mode with the focus strategy on you, and slowly build from there.

At this point I've got the P3 doing insanely complex waypoint maneuvers while switching from various subjects at various points in the waypoint path, and none of the subjects are carrying the controller – they simply have their iPhones in their pockets and are connected through the Airspace network option. I can completely replicate both the waypoints and focus maneuvers any time I want to, make small changes (in realtime or not) AND move the entire waypoint path to a completely different location yet maintain the path itself.

The results are stunning – both the P3 and the camera movements are incredibly smooth and cinematic, and look worlds beyond what people regularly post on the forum. No jerky cam movements, no weird flying movements, no boring yaw/pans that look like someone's home movie reel.

For cinematic camera movements, it makes everything else look extremely silly and amateurish.
2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules