Phantom 3 standard range issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nabzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353310 ft
South Africa

I have a brand new p3s.  Out of the box it flew perfect no issue even bought me a 32gb changed the memcard.

After a week of not flying i took it out to day to fly. I only manage to get between 10m-15m distance range.  I done a rc link still same issue

What is the cause of this issue a d how to fix it. ?

Looking forward to hear from dji
This is a common issue why is it dji has not gotten down to this issue and resolved it ? Or are they working on the issue ? I see many p3s owners having the same issue or do i have a bad controller ?
2016-3-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

This may help - cheers -donnie

2016-3-5
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft

Sorry to here about your problem. Welcome to the inconsistent world of the Standard. One day you can fly out over 1/2 a km and the next day only a few meters. So many many posts here with people having the same problems.

It could be due to wifi interference. Obstructions such as trees and building can also cause this. Or it could be a defect. I have read where the antenna becomes disconnected internally within the remote sometimes.

Have you tried moving to a different location possibly in the open to see if you still have an issue?

I hate to say it, but this is one of the primary reasons why I switched to an Advanced from a Standard. So much greater distance with Lightbridge and so many better features that it is worth far more than the few hundred dollars difference.
2016-3-5
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
South Africa

Thank you for the link I have followed that guide but still having the issue
2016-3-5
Use props
torinodave
lvl.1

United States

Sometimes there is too much interference where you want to fly. There is a lot of electrontic items that work on the 2.4ghz frequency. Sometimes you just have to over power the frequency to keep the connection and not get thrown off by others. There are frequency multipliers out there that power your frequency so you keep a better connection at further distances. Best of luck to you.
2016-3-5
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
South Africa

I am in a very open area. I had a look on my memory card And I find a firmware file that's v99.9.9999.  Is this correct
2016-3-6
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
South Africa

P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin is this correct
2016-3-6
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2

I inserted the old sd card then on about on dji go app it shows the phantoms 3 fw version ,.,

Dear DJI  team please can we have some feedback on regards of the range issue on p3s . MANY and MANY people are having the same issue is the  team working on a new firmware update  ?
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules