Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No FN on phantom 3 advanced?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arock387
lvl.2

I would really like to sharpen up the videos without having to edit them.  I keep looking for the sharpness setting and everyones says its under the FN settings.  I have no option like that on the DJI go app for the advanced.  It just shows menu, and nowhere in that menu is a setting to adjust sharpness
2016-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I appreciate you may not want to edit the clips, but the sharpening function in a good image processing application will do a better job than the one in the camera's image processor.
2016-3-5
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

I understand that completely and will be getting in to editing more soon.  I just had davinci and it was great except for when I shot the videos in mp4 and wanted to convert them to mov for recode.  I downloaded bitser which I used a million times and it jacked my PC so I had to do a complete format
2016-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-6 09:26
I understand that completely and will be getting in to editing more soon.  I just had davinci and it ...

MP4 and MOV are what is called generally as 'wrappers'. It is a bit like you want to send a large pile of paper somewhere by mail, so you put it in a press and compress it to make it smaller, that's the effect video encoding has, Then you have a choice of putting it in a padded Jiffy bag to post it, or in a box. MP4 and MOV are the equivalent of the Jiffy bag or box, just two different wrappers to transport the paper in.

So it does not matter much whether you use MP4 or MOV, just that some players prefer one to the other. I do everything in Resolve, but I output an AVI file then encode it using Handbrake, which is almost an industry standard for encoding, as it gives you complete control over the encoding process.

But this does not solve your problem. I don't have a Standard so I cannot say if the sharpening is a menu item or not.

2016-3-5
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

I don't have a standard either.  I have the Phantom 3 advanced.  Its in the title bro.
2016-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-6 12:36
I don't have a standard either.  I have the Phantom 3 advanced.  Its in the title bro.

I had better pull my head in until I know the answer then

I just went to switch on my gear and found the RC battery was dead flat, so I cannot go looking for the menu item for the moment.

However, I just wanted to point out one thing. Increasing the sharpness in the camera can lead to poor images in the long run, because sharper images are harder to compress because of the extra detail on the edges of fine objects, like grass and tree twigs. THe Phantom camera is already highly compressed, so adding the extra detail may cause it to fall apart in other areas during the compression process. For this reason I backed off the sharpness in my camera, and I add it selectively in the post production process.
2016-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-6 12:36

OK, I found it on my P3 Pro. In the Go App, press the 'Menu' button near the camera button. Then select either the still camera or movie camera icon, then 'Style' and you get four selections, Standard, Landscape, Soft and Custom. Select 'Custom' and then alter the value in the column with the white triangle at the top. The triangle represents sharpness.
2016-3-5
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

Aww Okay I think I got it.  Awsome man! thanks for the help.  Also I'm still ticked about the second price drop on the pro. One week after I purchased the advanced they drop the pro and I would have been more than happy to shell out the other 200 haha
2016-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules