How to use Virtual Reality Goggles with your DJI Drone (Under 25$)
125475 62 2016-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

jhopper9 Posted at 2016-9-13 09:59
I can't believe we're the only two that have had this happen to our iPhone 6's?  Please reply if t ...

Holy crap! This app cause this?? I would write to the dev asap!
2016-10-9
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

odontologo98 Posted at 2016-10-2 03:43
hi guys,
My drone vr app It is failing, image not appear .I have black screen..I select headtracker  ...

I would contact the dev and share djagnostics
2016-10-9
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Tried DroneVr+ and it's really amazing
2016-10-10
Use props
James WONG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I know how to change the functions of the C1 buttons, but there isn't an option to change to your phone's camera. How do you do it?
2016-10-21
Use props
fans41a718a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50883 ft
United States

I'm a newbie with a p3s. What I'm not understanding is, the vr goggles I'm seeing require you to put your device  (in my case a Galaxy s5) inside them. If you do that, how can you control the app? What am I missing? Is there another way to connect the goggles with a cord, bluetoothe or wifi?
2016-11-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

fans41a718a9 Posted at 2016-11-6 04:09
I'm a newbie with a p3s. What I'm not understanding is, the vr goggles I'm seeing require you to put ...

your goggles become the app. You can look wstraight up and data will show
2016-11-21
Use props
jabx
New

South Africa

hi all

regarding the yellow marks on lcd screen. are they permanent? think you mentioned they are not.
anyway just read an article about vr goggles that can damage your device.
here is the link.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/201 ... -youre-not-careful/
2016-12-8
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

fans41a718a9 Posted at 2016-11-5 14:09
I'm a newbie with a p3s. What I'm not understanding is, the vr goggles I'm seeing require you to put your device  (in my case a Galaxy s5) inside them. If you do that, how can you control the app? What am I missing? Is there another way to connect the goggles with a cord, bluetoothe or wifi?

I don't use VR goggles yet, but I believe the common way to operate your device when using it as goggles is to use those cheap Bluetooth controllers instead of the touch screen.
2016-12-8
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

For those who uses goggles: I have a question for you. It is really necessarily to use split screen? There are a number of reasons why I ask like for one, can be a PIA to use for the App you want to use it for without VR support. And secondly (I'll save the boring details), it will probably bother me seeing the same image in both eyes. If I was about 45 years younger, I wouldn't mind one bit having a screen inches from my eyes without any lens at all. But today, I can't focus my eyes that close anymore. So I'll need some help from lens. But I am thinking that divider they use in goggles might get annoying after awhile. But I suppose I could just clip that out if I wanted. Basically what I think might work best for me is to just have a hood for my phone to shove my face in. Can goggles work well like that?
2016-12-8
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

I got my goggles 12 hours ago... and no, without the split screen you will miss seeing the center. Plus you sort of have to see it cross-eyed and I got a headache after a few minutes and I don't normally get headaches. To use it as a sun shade attached to your head, it is clear to me the lens have to be removed and that center divider has to be cut out.

As far as using them as they are meant to be. I guess you need an App like Google Cardboard to use with other VR Apps. Google says Cardboard won't run on my five my Android devices. Although I did find a stand alone video player (AAA VR Cinema Cardboard 3D SBS) that doesn't seem to need Cardboard or anything and that works to play videos. But splitting the screen coupled with those lens, the screen resolution goes down really fast. I rather hold the device in my hand and watch the video that way. The only positive thing about googles to me is watching video recorded in stereo video (3D).  
2016-12-10
Use props
fans698de738
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72808 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will this work for the Phantom 4
2016-12-18
Use props
Nathan Kleinsas
New

United States

But it's not available in the US.
2016-12-29
Use props
Nathan Kleinsas
New

United States

Visual Vertigo not available in US
2016-12-29
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

Nathan Kleinsas Posted at 2016-12-29 20:22
Visual Vertigo not available in US

Email the developers, they will update it, same thing happened to me.
2016-12-30
Use props
dreamflights
lvl.1

France

Michael M Posted at 2016-9-4 13:26
Don't forget the ridiculous price tag!

Now starts from $13 for Android and $18 for iOS
2017-1-29
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I don't get this VR goggles. Idea is great! You put goggles on head, start flying... in any minute You want to change from eg Burst photo into HDR. And now what? I need to put whole thing down off my head and change mode, yes? Ok, I fly next time and in middle of flight I see drifting car coming pretty fast. Now, I got time pressure and need to change video mode into 60fps or 120fps. How the hell?! I dont have enough time to put down VR , change it, and put whole thing back.

So far, VR seems to be only for "flying for pleasure" or when You exactly KNOW what will be filmed/photoed and exact parameters are set BEFORE put "helmet" on.
2017-1-29
Use props
WindBlade
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1949 ft
United States

jhopper9 Posted at 2016-9-12 17:59
I can't believe we're the only two that have had this happen to our iPhone 6's?  Please reply if this has also happen to your smartphone.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Litchi (VR) and very similar (actually worse) damage occurred to my screen recently.
2017-4-15
Use props
Speedbird1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218337 ft
United Kingdom

jhopper9 Posted at 2016-8-3 12:34
I just got the Blitzwolf VR Glasses and did my 1st fright with the Litchi app.  I read all the new version (Litchi) user manual and it was quite simple.  My 64 yr old eye were able to focus with little problem.  It's truly amazing, whatever way you move your head, left/right, up/down, my P3Adv/camera follow.  My only concern is that will flying I began to notice 2 little yellow dots equally spaced on my iPhone 6Plus screen.  Those dots where never there before, but I can't image how they could have gotten burned into the screen after only 10 minutes of flying????  Has anyone else encountered a similar screen issue??

Hi jhopper9, coming in on a slight tangent here but I wear spectacles all the time and the problem i have with any VR headset is I cannot get them on with the specs on, and even those with lens adjustment there isn't enough to allow me to not wear the specs.
I have put an image below of the size of my glasses, any chance you could measure your VR set to see if they would be suitable.
If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to chuck your bit in.
Thanks
Mike
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wf2pt0dihgtmpcf/IMG_0349.jpg?dl=0
P.S What model of Blitzwolf are you using?

FOLLOW ON:- i have now tried Blitzwolf and they also do not allow for spectacles.

2017-4-17
Use props
WindBlade
lvl.1
United States

willem@pcfish.c Posted at 2016-9-10 13:30
Ok well that confirms it.  This happened to my iphone 6.  The two yellow dots are not permanently burned into the LCD.  I was using FPV Camera for DJI app.  This really sucks.  I wanted to sell my iphone 6 to upgrade to an iphone 7 but now will lose return investment as these little yellow dots are not something one can easily ignore.

After using the Virtual Reality mode in Litchi for only about 15 minutes, I now have permanently burned pixel blotches on either end of my mobile device screen.  I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with my P3S. If anyone else has experienced this please share.
2017-4-19
Use props
WindBlade
lvl.1
United States

After using the Virtual Reality mode in Litchi for only about 15 minutes, I now have permanently burned pixel blotches on either end of my mobile device screen. After researching I've found pilots with similar issues in the DJI forums. I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with my P3S. If anyone else has experienced this please share.
2017-4-19
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

WindBlade Posted at 2017-4-19 22:58
After using the Virtual Reality mode in Litchi for only about 15 minutes, I now have permanently burned pixel blotches on either end of my mobile device screen. After researching I've found pilots with similar issues in the DJI forums. I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with my P3S. If anyone else has experienced this please share.

holy sh!t...thats serious. It must be a litchi problem. is it possible its amoled burn in?
2017-5-3
Use props
Charlie Phanto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102703 ft
United States

The reviews are horrible. Only one says they like. Others say crashed, will not connect,no refund, charged twice. I already use Litchi. Will try the VR with my cheap goggles. A friend tried the VR with Litchi and loves it.
2017-12-13
Use props
NvigR8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44898 ft

United States

I know this is an old thread, but perhaps someone can answer this question.  I've got FPV up and working with my P3S, litchi and my Gear VR/Note8.  My question is, since there are no C buttons, how can I rig up a camera button of some kind?  Is there a way to use the "with controller" that came with the Gear VR as a camera button?  That would be ideal...  Or any other bluetooth device?  I see that its been suggested, but does anyone have any experience with a bluetooth controller?  If so which one?  Thanks for any info.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules