TOP 10 common pilot errors
17719 55 2016-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-10 16:18
Just had an invoice of 721$ after fall from sky issue . Chalked it up as csc by Dji. Emailed me tw ...

I believe DJI is not changing the CSC procedure because doing so they would be admitting there is an issue and could be held responsible for all CSC crashes docummented in the drones flight data.  Once this is the major item for pilot errors, there might be thousands customers in this situation
2016-3-10
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-11 06:25
I believe DJI is not changing the CSC procedure because doing so they would be admitting there is  ...

Interesting logic.
DJI erroneously admit the problem in their stupid top 10 post even though accidental CSC is very rare and not the number 1 phantom killer.
And you believe they won't change it because that would open them to liability?
Something doesn't add up there.

DJI make it clear in the manual that CSC will stop the motors in midair.
If you want to yank the joysticks around like a monkey on meth, you know what will happen.
For everyone else flying normally, there's nothing to worry about.
2016-3-10
Use props
iherzog97
lvl.2

Brazil

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-11 05:15
Interesting logic.
DJI erroneously admit the problem in their stupid top 10 post even though accid ...

You may have trouble understanding people that dialogue without insulting others. Sorry if I don't speak your language.
2016-3-10
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-8 20:23
Great video.

But reason #1 for incidents should be reviewed by DJI. Pilots may put sticks in CSC po ...

Whether its the #1 reason or just in the top 10, get rid of it!

Can't understand it.
2016-3-11
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-8 21:01
Tim, my understand is that CSC acts immediately. It does not take 3 seconds. Correct me if I'm wro ...

You are not wrong.
2016-3-11
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-8 21:01
Tim, my understand is that CSC acts immediately. It does not take 3 seconds. Correct me if I'm wro ...

You are not wrong.
2016-3-11
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-9 09:14
DJI has the power to stop making people think it's the number one cause.
Accidental CSC is very, v ...

How do you know it's very very rare?

When DJI gets an RMA, they look at the logs and figure out what happens?  Someone from DJI is saying its a common thing.  Why are you over-ruling him?  I'm asking.
2016-3-11
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-11 21:33
How do you know it's very very rare?

When DJI gets an RMA, they look at the logs and figure out w ...

"Someone from DJI is saying its a common thing.  Why are you over-ruling him?  I'm asking."

Read a bit more of the thread rather than just a couple posts before yours.
I answered that question back in post #24.
2016-3-11
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

Isnt there something in the latest firmware about the motors stopping if they get in contact with something? I think my inspire does and if its the case why even have CSC in case of emergency?
2016-3-11
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Harb Posted at 2016-3-7 00:01
seems to be a bit of lip sync error there.....lol

Must have been shot on an OSMO!!!

Here's another point- should really be number one I reckon.  When inserting batteries make sure they are really slammed home with absolutely no gap at the mating faces.  Having been around a while I have seen many loss of power reports causing crashing. This could be one cause.

Also , this will cause props to fly off if loose. A self tightening prop cannot come off unless the motor stalls.  The phantom prop takes just 4 turns on the thread. So a stalling motor ,even for two hundreds of a second will be enough to unscrew the prop completely.
Rod and the cat
2016-3-11
Use props
JasonWardStudio
New

iherzog97 Posted at 2016-3-8 20:23
Great video.

But reason #1 for incidents should be reviewed by DJI. Pilots may put sticks in CSC po ...

This makes me terrified to use yaw and rudder to turn, which I love to do because it gives a beautiful panning turn in the video and a more controlled turn in the environment. Using yaw to turn without rudder creates a slip situation, where the nose of the aircraft is facing in one direction, but the craft continues to travel in the prior direction. It's almost like telling a helicopter pilot to only use yaw control to turn the chopper, ignoring rudder. Next time I fly, I'm going to be pretty nervous about this.
2016-3-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

JasonWardStudio Posted at 2016-3-12 19:56
This makes me terrified to use yaw and rudder to turn, which I love to do because it gives a beauti ...

Dont worry, think about it, when you are using both sticks for a smooth panning shot you are dancing with the sticks : A slow right turn involves both the rudder command right and yaw command right, this will not induce a CSC, same with a left turn.  Just  think about it, how often would you be Banking hard right with aircraft going backwards***  and then kick in hard left  rudder  at lowest speed.  Also when landing and turning off power to motors DO NOT  engage  the CSC .  Just lower the throttle all the way down at touchdown the motors will shut down nicely.  And do not worry about this during flight, the sensors know if the aircraft is stationary and  on the GROUND.
***I do realize that flying backwards does give a nice shot, just for an example here.

I think the CSC errors by pilots is they want to "See what will Happen If...." and forgetting the CSC .  ( I dont have any flight data to prove it, it would be interesting to see how the Pilot was comanding his aircraft prior to the CSC being given).   For controled flight ,it is difficult to imagine that  stick combination.
I Do agree that it would be one less thing to worry about if there was a covered button for on and off for the motors.     But there again someone would say that DJI should have the "Emergency CSC because that is the fastest way to shut down the aircraft without having to remove there hands from the sticks"  .   Also, in Retorspect, if  the Postmortem revealed to me ( And I ran DJI) that CSC was in the top ten for flight crash  damage, I think my next release would have some type of  improvement.  

I  wonder indeed what there argument is  for the CSC?

Fly Safe and Have Fun-donnie
2016-3-13
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

Why not just make CSC selectable from a couple options in the DJI Go app that can then flash the remote controller with the selected option?  Those who don't want it to have anything to do with their sticks can pick another method (hold down two buttons for example).  Then those veterans who insist they like it and that it's standard in the RC industry (even though increasingly Phantom owners are not hobbyists and have never owned an RC before) can have their stick option and those that are worried about accidents (including dropping the controller or whatever) can have peace of mind?
2016-3-13
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-11 22:01
"Someone from DJI is saying its a common thing.  Why are you over-ruling him?  I'm asking."

Read  ...

What are you talking about?

Who am I over-ruling? I am quoting DJI-TIM who started the thread and listed the CSC as an RMA problem and my lobbying and my letter that I wrote to Hong Kong looks like it helped the effort because after 7 years, they changed the CSC in the last firmware to also having to hold down the RTH button with the sticks of a CSC now.

2016-3-15
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-15 08:28
What are you talking about?

Who am I over-ruling? I am quoting DJI-TIM who started the thread and ...

Wow that's new   Fw 1.7?
2016-3-15
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 03:18
Just had an invoice of 721$ after fall from sky issue . Chalked it up as csc by Dji. Emailed me tw ...

You should be able to check the logs yourself (healthy drones.com) - if you doubt their word.
http://healthydrones.com/

2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules