Software question before flight.
1259 11 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

100 percent newbie and want to get this right so excuse any stupid question. I have read and searched previous comments.

Question, If I just purchased the Phantom 2 vision+ with the updated controller 3.0. Do I need to do any software updates. I see people have done updates only to find it stops working. So do I update the Phantom or the comtroller? And which version if so?

Thank you in advance.

2015-1-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

You upgrade both the controller and the Phantom.  When you do the Phantom, make sure you select "upgrade version"   Do all your calibrations, including the x1 calibration using the camera tilt wheel.
2015-1-8
Use props
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

How do you know which version is the latest. I just don't want to install older version. I've read many issue with controller on this.
2015-1-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

attiliod@comcas Posted at 2015-1-9 02:02
How do you know which version is the latest. I just don't want to install older version. I've read m ...

DJI WIN Driver Installer
Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.6
Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2

You can download and install these from

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
2015-1-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

attiliod@comcas Posted at 2015-1-9 02:02
How do you know which version is the latest. I just don't want to install older version. I've read m ...

Also download the

DJI Vision App

to your phone.   Also open

Phantom 2 Vision+ User Manual (EN) v1.6

and save to your computer.  That will explain the downloads, calibrations and flying the Phantom.  Read that first before any attempt to go flying.
2015-1-8
Use props
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

thank you for all your help

2015-1-8
Use props
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

If anyone else see this, PLEASE DO NOT update the software in the controller. I wish I had known. Many users lose control of their gimble. No reply from support.
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

If you lose control of the gimbal, here is an easy fix.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-1-9
Use props
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124, Can't thank you enough for giving it a shot. I did exactly as described. Calibration went well and beeps as marked.
However, this is not correct the issue.
Updating the RC software was a mistake for many on here. Update does something to lose contact with camera. Yaw still works but dial or phone do not control camera. Worked perfect before update.
With so many having same issues here and on other forums, it seems at the very least the update should be removed before others do the same.
I have not flown her yet and this is a lot better then a flyaway but I'm very unimpressed with their customer service. Or lack there of.
I am unable to return to B&H due to box thrown away.
Thanks again for trying.
2015-1-9
Use props
Crash
lvl.1

United States

I recently had the same problem with the upgrade.  Lost connection with the camera as well as camera gimbal control.  I downloaded the older Phantom 3.4 version of the software and redid everything.  Camera connection came back and after recalibrating the gimbal control wheel was able to get that back as well.

2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

attiliod@comcas Posted at 2015-1-10 04:37
Gerry1124, Can't thank you enough for giving it a shot. I did exactly as described. Calibration went ...

Rebind the range extender to the Phantom.
2015-1-9
Use props
attiliod
lvl.1

United States

DJI emailed me back. Said I need to send it to them for service. Brand new and off to service. I understand this is high tech and things happen. But like I said before, remove the update link until  a fix is found.
2015-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules