Osmo Lipo batteries and flights
1460 10 2016-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi everyone.I now have my Osmo and have ended up with 3 batteries.
I'm off to India soon with it and was wandering about flights and these Lipo batteries that I have.

They must be put in cabin bag not checkin baggage?
I've bought a lipo guard bag but I'd rather not use it as it's a bit bulky.
Different airlines do different rules, but do you think I'll be okay with 3 batteries? Any other advice?

Thanks
2016-3-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

They have to be in your carry-on bag according to the TSA
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Thanks for your post!
I won't give you any advise about the relevant flight regulation, however, I'll suggest that you visit DJI official website for some Spec. about Osmo battery: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#specs
2016-3-6
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thanks R&L and Adela. I'm still not so sure about the amount you can carry on as baggage. I'll have a dig around for more info.
2016-3-8
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Spud,
I would contact your actual airline to determine what their rules are, then you will be taking no chances. Have a great trip!
Rod and the cat
2016-3-8
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spud Posted at 2016-3-8 23:52
thanks R&L and Adela. I'm still not so sure about the amount you can carry on as baggage. I'll have  ...

The airline itself will decide on how many batteries you can carry in your hand-luggage:
(a) already in the appliance, and
(b) as spares.

They will also specify how the spares must be carried (e.g. electrical tape over the terminals, etc.).

There is usually plenty of documentation on the airlines' websites.

Some people have reported (at least at Heathrow.) that sometimes the 'security people' aren't necessary fully conversant with the airlines' requirement and make things up as they go along
2016-3-9
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

As said in above posts the airline will supply info on the batteries, there are spasific regulations on batteries size, mah,voltage etc, the Osmo batteries are small enough to go through security with no problem, I fly a lot and had no problem with the Osmo batteries
2016-3-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently flew, JetBlue to Florida and had my osmo with battery and 3 spare batteries in my carry-on as well as 3 iPads and had no issues with the airline or security. The spare osmo batteries must be in a ziplock bag.
2016-3-9
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thats not a bad idea Rod; I'll give it a go; cheers
2016-3-9
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nigel, Len, Aerial, thanks for helping too
2016-3-9
Use props
Spud
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys.
Just been looking at the Air India website, very little info was given about batteries. I did start a live chat session though and the operator, basically said, I can carry the batteries but would have to remove them from the camera. I'll not take any chances and keep them in that Lipo guard bag I think, thanks again everyone
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules