Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
F450 with Naza V2 Drifting under GPS
4635 7 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys

As well as the flight time issue (other thread), i'm having a few problems with the GPS position hold. I got this for aerial surveys and photos with a gopro so the ability to keep still is kind of key to me.

I've seen loads of videos where they are steady as a rock and stay in the same place for the duration of the battery (videos boasting how long their flight time is). I'm not saying mine is all over the place and sometimes it stays pretty stable but this only lasts for a few seconds then it drifts.

Normally the drift radius is up to about 2-3m in either direction. there is also sometimes a bit of Yaw.
Is this normal? is it rare to see GPS performance like the videos online?

If not, what can i do to help it?

The GPS is mounted on top of the frame and the cable is not wrapped around anything in a coil that would induce a current
2015-1-8
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi,
How many blinking repeats of the red LED? That reflects the GPS number received.
2015-1-8
Use props
George F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After i let it sit for about a minute to calculate the home point (rapidly blinking green light) there were no red flashes between the green light indicating there was sufficient GPS coverage.

When i first plug in the battery it goes green then 3 reds, then after about 20 seconds it drops to 2 then 1 red LED then the home point calibrates with tha fast blinking green.

When i took off it was only flashing green
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

George F Posted at 2015-1-9 21:58
After i let it sit for about a minute to calculate the home point (rapidly blinking green light) the ...

1.Drifting in circles? adjust the gps direction as the manual suggests.
2.without special pattern:
The flight control shall be fixed in the gravity center of F450. And try to adjust the attachment to keep them symmetric
2015-1-11
Use props
George F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

not in circles but just generally side to side slowly. The flight controller is dead centre
2015-1-19
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

George F Posted at 2015-1-20 02:23
not in circles but just generally side to side slowly. The flight controller is dead centre

Could you post a picture of your drone?
2015-1-19
Use props
George F
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ok hopefully this will workive got it set up with red at the back and the GPS and flight controller point the same way

IMG_6495.JPG
2015-1-21
Use props
freddiebd.email
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1891184 ft
United Kingdom

Have you got the GPS position marked in the assistant i.e. like -4,2, -12 or something like that?
2015-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules