Best practices for flying on an airplane with P2V+ and batteries
1086 2 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
powi
New

United States

Hi,

For anyone who travels by air with their Phantoms, what are your standard practices? Do you go carry-on vs. stowed luggage, do you take any extra precautions with batteries, anything else? I plan to fly international (US to Europe) with my P2V+ in a couple of months and hope to learn from others' experiences.

Thanks,
Peter
2015-1-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I'm flying  next week, will take my P2 with. Most definitely not in cargo luggage. We all know how the bags get thrown around, a risk I wouldn't take. I just hope the backpack will meet carry-on proportions. I'll report back how it went.

And one more thing to consider about the battery. I thought it's best to have it empty but that's not a good idea. There is a new law (currently only concerning flights to the USA and the UK - Guess where I am going) Where no electronic devices are permitted on board without the capability to power up on request by security. The battery might be filled with TNT, or what?
2015-1-8
Use props
powi
New

United States

Thanks. Saw another post on hand luggage. Maybe that is the best information for this.
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules