Video instructor needs input - PLEASE
816 1 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken Witkoe
New

United States

Folks,

I am an instructor of Broadcast Video Instruction in Tacoma Wa.  

In the context of student-learning, is a P2+ safe?  

How difficult is it to learn how to use?

From reading some of the forum subjects, it occurs to me that I should have a separate smart phone and NOT ALLOW the students to download or use the P2+ from them phones because of conflicts that could happen with apps, etc.  If my assumption is accurate, would this require me to have a dedicated smart phone with one of the big cell companies?  Or, could I use a pre-paid smart (if there is such a thing)?

I saw online a this:
DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0
Is there such a thing as V3.0?  I couldn't find that on DJI's site and am just wondering what the difference is, if there is any.

Lastly, what would you suggest I purchase for parts and replacement issues?

Thank you,
Ken
2015-1-8
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

You don't need a subscribed cell phone you only need a IOS or Android device that has Wifi. A GPS module in that device is highly recommended. Without the GPS device some of the functions won't work like Dynamic Return To Home.

The only benefit of a dedicated device is not having your personal stuff on there. If the student used their own device they could download the video and image file directly to their phone after the flight. If you did buy a dedicated device I would do a tablet as it would make FPV a lot easier. But you need to buy a mounting device for a 7" or bigger device. Also a sun shield is recommended.

For parts to buy, spare props and prop guards. The bird comes with on extra set of props, but it does not come with prop guards. You will also need more batteries. One or two won't be enough for you if you want more than 2 flights per class session. The batteries take about 90+ to charge. I would also recommend a gimbal protector they are frequently damaged in a crash and are expensive to replace or repair.  Check around the net you can find these type for $20 not the $50+ eBay listed price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gimbal-S ... 26sd%3D281528837150

The Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0 is the latest Phantom in DJI's stable. If you buy and want a V3 just make sure your dealer knows you want a V3

They are safe as any other RC craft. They are very easy to fly. Easier than other RCs. Just read the manuals completely. You are already ahead because you are reading this forum.

The new V3 has a dial, on the left side to control the camera up/down tilt.  Built-in Lipo battery for the flight controller that is recharged via USB. Preinstalled smartphone holder. It also has new motors that can lift more (200g more per motor).

http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules