Phantom 2 won't power up
1079 7 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uberdave
New

United States

Took something of a hard landing on a soft surface and the Phantom lost power. Now it won't power up at all. Battery is fully charged (it illuminates) but fails to power the copter, then the battery lights dim. What do I do?
2015-1-8
Use props
uberdave
New

United States

The front 2 props dug into, and were stopped by, a blanket. I hear a faint "click" after attempting to power the thing.
2015-1-8
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 96014 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm guessing here, it could be one of your ESC's has given up the ghost ( damaged) turn the phantom over and try starting it again, " watch your leds " you will see the blink as you try to power on, the ones that are ok will blink green, the ones that are damaged will blink red

caution, there may be smoke n stuffI tipped over and the ground stopped the props, I discovered it was a bad ESC by the method above, replaced the ESC and now back up and running
2015-1-8
Use props
uberdave
New

United States

OK, yikes! Thanks for the reply!
2015-1-8
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

np ;) was that what it was?
2015-1-8
Use props
uberdave
New

United States

Well, I opened it up and nothing looks wrong. Nothing burned or anything. Are you referring to the LEDs under the arms? They don't light up at all. The battery lights seem to operate normally.
2015-1-8
Use props
culnara69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

no you might not see anything, but there may be fractures in the MOSFET solder joints, I would power up my battery then I'd hear a " click " like you, then the battery would switch itself off,  it was then that I turned it over and tried powering up again, then I noticed that the click was making the leds underside of the arms blink, I did it several times cos they only blink for a microsecond, but I noticed one that seemed to blink red, so I ended up doing it several times making sure, thats when it went up in smoke Replaced it and all good
2015-1-8
Use props
uberdave
New

United States

I'll probably need to take it to an authorized repair shop because I just can't tell what's wrong with it. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules