Yes, I did it! Now I need a new prop balancer and a lot more...
1309 13 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Greetings everybody from Norway,

I did it, bought a brand new P4 in the DJI store, and two extra batteries. That cost me 1.937,00 €. That really hurt, but wth, it is my money, and my hobby :-) I have a P3 Advanced and a lot of accessories. Most needs to be replaced, however I would think I kan reuse som of my stuff, what do you guys think?

- I have a DUBRO 499 prop balancer, I would hope/expect a new prop balancer rod will be released for the P4 props
- I also want my FlyTrex Live 3G to work with the P4
- And I want a powerfull strobe light system for my evening/night flights :-)

Btw, I hope the new prop locking mechanic is durable... it looks a little to complex (lots of small parts) and a lot of plastic...but I am looking forward to the P4 :-)

Thac

2016-3-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Thac,

This sounds like you will be having some serious fun!  Keep us posted!  If it worked for your P3A, your FlyTrex Live 3G should work for your P4; and are you getting the strobe lights or do you already have them?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-7
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-7 11:40
Aloha Thac,

This sounds like you will be having some serious fun!  Keep us posted!  If it work ...

I certainly hope the P4 (beta) works, it did cost a lot of money. I am really looking forward to the improved hovering, dual IMU's and Compass (reliability), and the new fun (sport) mode. I hope third party products for the P4 will release soon.

Regarding FlyTrex, I can't use my existing P3A FlyTrex holder, and the FlyTrex Power wiring/connectors needs to be replaced for the P4. Regarding strobes, I really hope for a PnP system I can mount inside the P4 that use the P4 battery. I have no issues with drilling small holes in the P4 shell for the strobe lights. Or I need to construct it from scratch using strobons (v2), a power down converter, and hook it all up to the new P4 powerplant :-)
2016-3-7
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Was posted double...
2016-3-7
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-7 08:57
I have a feeling we are going to see some crashes on the p4 when it's flown in sport mode.  Props fl ...

I agree, I am not too sure how strong these snap in props will function under constant wear but I am sure they did do a full stress test (oh I hope).
2016-3-7
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-7
Use props
rwhoffart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13068 ft
United States

congrats Thacyoon ... hope you enjoy!

Why so many haters?
2016-3-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-7 02:17
I certainly hope the P4 (beta) works, it did cost a lot of money. I am really looking forward to th ...

Aloha Thac,

Aside from the other comments about crashes and past problems, you get to pave the way with this new technology - and have fun doing it.  But, just like any sport, to stay healthy you need to approach any new skill slowly until you have all the detail movements and adjustments down pat.  Your new P4 will be no different.  Go slow first and then once you have it, the fun will be more intense!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-7
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-7 08:57
I have a feeling we are going to see some crashes on the p4 when it's flown in sport mode.  Props fl ...

Do you think that DJI didn't test in the Sport mode ?
I know that sometimes they do some stupid things, but I'm sure they extensively tested the sport mode.
2016-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

rwhoffart@gmail Posted at 2016-3-7 14:45
congrats Thacyoon ... hope you enjoy!

Some folks, share their Jealously! But I don't envy those who covet, their neighbors ass... Hahaha
Don't be a donkey over it...

RedHotPoker
2016-3-7
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-7 17:50
Some folks, share their Jealously! But I don't envy those who covet, their neighbors ass... Hahaha ...

What is with you and jealousy? You brag up your shit thinking/hoping that people will be jealous and now you think someone here is jealous over  P4. Youre retarded. Any one of us here could have a P4 if we wanted one.
2016-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Please Don't worry about me, or my many toys, worry about your self, ok?I found my way through life, hopefully you will too. Ha
I wrote that out of jest, but forgot the smilie face. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-3-7
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Cetaman Posted at 2016-3-7 22:46
Aloha Thac,

Aside from the other comments about crashes and past problems, you get to pave t ...

Yes, this is a very good advice for any soon-to-be P4 owners. I will take it slow and easy to adapt and learn my new expensive  "toy". Main reason for P4 (I do have a P3A) is the sport mode - the FUN mode :-)

Ohhh... and if anything goes wrong while manuvering agressivly in sport mode and 120% gains, props spinning off, shell cracks, damaged motor mounts and so on.... it will be covered by DJI warranty as long as I can prove by log/telemetry/video that it was not a pilot error. I am sure DJI will fix my bird if it is damaged during agressive flying - it is built and advertised to sustain the new high stress forces in "sport mode"

2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Great! Congratulations! Phantom 4 is a great machine! definitely worth that money
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules