Phantom Categories Adjustment
2063 21 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi folks! Recently we've merged Phantom 1, Phantom 2, Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 in one big category and got some negative feedback from users.
So now we have made some adjustments to statify your needs.
With new the layout, you can choose various sub-categories to surf:
sub categories.PNG
For example, if you're only interested in Phantom 4, you can click on the sub-category, so the threads will be filtered and the only P4 related ones will be dispayed.

Also, when creating a new thread, just choose the topic here:
QQ图片20160307183558.jpg

We hope this is a suitable and convenient layout change.
Cheers!
2016-3-7
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Excellent...
2016-3-7
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Not a solution.
2016-3-7
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for listening to the chatter.
2016-3-7
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

How is that not a solution?
2016-3-7
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2016-3-7 09:08
How is that not a solution?

Because it doesn't work smoothly.  If you choose to select the P3 section for example, you have to come to the front page, select the section you want, then wait for that page to load.  Then when you read a thread on that page, if you hit the link at the top of the thread to get back to the forum it takes you to the main page and not the section you filtered.  Instead of having a forum structure that works for the users, DJI has opted to make it clunky and awkward for the users but probably easier for them.  I think there are more of us than there are of them so who should it be easier for?
2016-3-7
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If you hit the "back" button it works fine and goes back to the section you selected.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Much better. I think it works well now!

Dave
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Definitely better than what it was, thank you,
Strange - Clicking Home and DJI Forum take you to the same place which is the home of the Forum, kind of weird to have it twice in the same "click space", totally redundant!!
Maybe:
Put/Change "DJI Forum" to "Dji Forum Home" which takes you to the home page of the forum as it does now,
Put/Change "Home / Phantom" to Back / Phantom Home (or Phantom Family) / Category Home - Back takes you back one step, Category Home takes you to back to the home of the category you are in and Phantom Home (or maybe Phantom Family) takes you back to the main category page with all Phantom sub titles...
Edit..One of the reasons i ask this, is when you select all and want to see "all" as it implies is nice, scroll down, open a thread and you have no clue which of the categories this is actually in once you are in it, hence the "Category Home" would be nice at this point as it would take you to the category this is in as there may be other threads of interest for you to inquire on etc...
Just my .02 and thanks again for the changes so far...
Categories.jpeg
2016-3-7
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

Just click phantom 3 and then book mark the page, problem solved
2016-3-7
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Much better.

thanks for hearing everyone!

2016-3-7
Use props
Drugless
lvl.3
South Africa

Where is the DJI Go Category?
Edit: I see it only exists under the Inspire and Osmo Categories
2016-3-7
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Plus, if someone doesn't 'select the topic' then where does the thread go?  It is lost in the abyss of the main page.  So it is not a solution.  Again, making the users go through hoops just to try and get use out of the forums is not good.  They should have left it alone and never changed it.  Also, if you bookmark the specific topic page - P3 for instance - you never see any of the stickies which, on occassion, have been useful and informing.

What about all the threads that are labeled 'discussion' that will not be seen if you filter on P3.  Or 'Meet up' and 'Tutorial'?  Just another example of how screwed their thinking is when it comes to the users/customers.

2016-3-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@DJI, You Caved... Ok, Please lower the Phantom 4 cost, us poorer folks need a price break... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-3-7
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

Two thumbs up for this compromise - like
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

nrgwise Posted at 2016-3-8 04:44
Plus, if someone doesn't 'select the topic' then where does the thread go?  It is lost in the abyss  ...

Chris,
Good news is they proved they could respond in a few days to the uproar from last Friday and thankfully they did make some changes....
Now let's see if they can refine it just a wee bit more...

Always room for improvement...
2016-3-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Hmmmm.  It appears you have some options  on your New Topic creation menu that are lacking on mine.  I am sure this was an unintentional oversight and will be rectified right away.
2016-3-7
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

so where do i post information about my Phantom 5?
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Troubleshooter Posted at 2016-3-8 13:50

80% of it in the P4 forum and 20% in the P1 forum,,,
2016-3-7
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Much better solution; thanks for quickly responding to the requests!
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Troubleshooter Posted at 2016-3-8 13:50

LOL! You have to build your own forum for P5
2016-3-8
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Much better, since I only have a P3A I don't have to sift through all the other models. Thanks!
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules