In "Sport Mode" - Is "Radar Display" replaced by RPM?
4055 32 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

I read in an article (sorry, can't find it anymore, link was posted by someone on this forum) that when switching to "Sport Mode" with the P4, the "Radar display" in the lower left corner of the DJI GO app will be replaced by a RPM gauge. Is this correct? If this is true, we will loose an important instrument to help us see how the P4 is alligned in the air in regards to the pilot. I use the DJI GO App's "Radar Display" often....why should it be replaced by a RPM gauge?

DJI Ken,Tim, Joey -  two questions regarding "sport mode":
1. Will we still have full GPS? (EDIT: Yes!)
2. Will we still have the "Radar Display" in the lower left corner of the DJI GO App when in "sport mode"? (EDIT: No!)

Thanks,
Thac

EDIT: This is the article (thanks Ulysse): http://visual-aerials.com/phantom4.html
"On the top left you now see Sport mode being selected. On the bottom left a RPM display replaced the "radar" circle."

P4-RPM.jpg
P4-Radar.png
2016-3-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure about the RPM screen but I believe it will still have GPS in sports mode
2016-3-7
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-7 14:35
I'm not sure about the RPM screen but I believe it will still have GPS in sports mode

I just bought the P4 for the fun mode (sport mode). I would appreciate if any DJI (moderators) could shed some light on this. I can't find the article, but I was written by a DJI employee. He wrote that when entering "sport mode" the "radar display" in the lower left corner was replaced by a RPM gauge.

Hmmmm, perhaps he meant RPM gauge in adition to the Radar Display - not replaced? Ohhh... and what about ATTI mode (no GPS). The three switch is labeled P-A-S? (GPS, ATTI, SPORT?) How do we enter Intelligent Flight Modes?)
2016-3-8
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

You'll find a lot of answers here : http://www.visual-aerials.com/phantom4.html
According to the picture radar is REPLACED by RPM (IMO this is totally useless)

Other IFM are probably available through the app.
More about Sport mode here (7:50) :
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

The obstacle avoidance radar is not working in the Sport mode
2016-3-8
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-8 12:15

DJI Ken, thanks for replying. I am impressed with your constant forum monitoring and reply's

The article: http://visual-aerials.com/phantom4.html
It states: "On the top left you now see Sport mode being selected. On the bottom left a RPM display replaced the "radar" circle."

I know the obstacle avoidance radar is disabled in sport mode. My question is: Do we loose the "Radar Display/Circle" at the lower left corner in the DJI GO app when "sport mode" is selected? If this is true, that means we can no longer use this "Radar Display/Circle" to see where the nose of the drone is pointing in refference to the operator/pilot.

P4-RPM.jpg
P4-Radar.png
2016-3-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-8 22:15

He's not asking about obstacle avoidance.
He wants to know if the radar display is available on screen in Sport mode.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-8 19:38
DJI Ken, thanks for replying. I am impressed with your constant forum monitoring and reply's

Alright! I'll try it out tomorrow  morning and let you know
2016-3-8
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-8 13:37
Alright! I'll try it out tomorrow  morning and let you know

Thanks DJI-TIM, I'd appreciate it a lot!

If the radar IS replaced by a RPM gauge that is just...well, stupid. We need the radar display also in sport mode. We need to know the oriantation of the bird's nose. You don't have to fly many feet/meters away before it is impossible to see where the nose of the bird is pointing. Yes, I know we can use the FPV - but the "Radar" is mush faster and easier to read than looking at the FPV image while turning the bird around looking for "you"...

A RPM gauge is cool, fun, and "sporty", but not if it sacrifice/replace the Radar display. I would prefer: Keep the Radar Display as is, then ADD the RPM gauge.

EDIT: Actually, when I think about it... Keep the Radar as is, then add the RPM gauge for ALL flight modes. Then we can see the improved RPM in "Sport" vs "Normal" and you can smile to yourself thinking: "Yes, yeeees, I have a Phantom 4 - and I have a "sport mode")

2016-3-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-8 04:50
I just bought the P4 for the fun mode (sport mode). I would appreciate if any DJI (moderators) cou ...

You don't have to worry about me trying to help you again, in my country when someone try's to help you say thank you.
2016-3-8
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-8 08:18

If the radar IS replaced by a RPM gauge that is just...w ...

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. Why do you need the minimap so bad, its not hard to tell which way you are oriented. Second, its called sport mode for a reason, if you want the map, don't use sport mode.
2016-3-8
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-8 18:55
You don't have to worry about me trying to help you again, in my country when someone try's to hel ...

What are you talking about?
2016-3-8
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DillPickleAdil Posted at 2016-3-8 19:53
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. Why do you need the minimap so bad, its  ...

You don't understand what I am talking about. I recommend you read all the posts here again.

I am talking about the "Radar Display", not the minimap. Flying at 20m/s in sport mode, the P4 will be out of range for you to see where the nose is pointing very fast. A quick glance at the DJI GO App radar (lower LEFT) will tell you where the nose is pointing.   
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I do not know how the final app will work. But as of now, yes you do lose the radar when you switch to Sport mode. And honestly, in Sport mode it flies like a wild banshee and I don't know how much you would be using the radar anyways.
And yes, in Sport mode you have GPS.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-8 17:50
I just bought the P4 for the fun mode (sport mode). I would appreciate if any DJI (moderators) cou ...

You enter the flight modes by an added icon on the left. After pushing that it will open up the lower section where all your flight modes are.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-8 21:18

If the radar IS replaced by a RPM gauge that is just...w ...

The map page shows what direction you are flying (the aircraft's orientation) , and if you get lost you just follow the green line home.
And trust me, you go fly with a bunch of buddies and they will be shocked when you put your P4 into Sport mode.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-9 06:08
You don't understand what I am talking about. I recommend you read all the posts here again.

Also, a quick look at the map in the corner also tells you what direction the aircraft is going.
2016-3-8
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 03:10
Also, a quick look at the map in the corner also tells you what direction the aircraft is going.

Ok, thanks for answering, and thanks for your effort in general in these forum(s)
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-10 00:45
Ok, thanks for answering, and thanks for your effort in general in these forum(s)

No problem at all. I am here to assist
2016-3-9
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 10:10

I use the Radar display for knowing where to point my remote control antenna. If the bird on my right 30 degree and i point it to my right 30 degree, it will loss signal easily...   

One of the key feature I like about the P4 is it can fly to a far destination quickly ...  the radar display infos are especially important in such situation.....
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kbjyin@gmail.co Posted at 2016-3-10 02:53
I use the Radar display for knowing where to point my remote control antenna. If the bird on my r ...

The triangle icon (aircraft) in the map will tell you the direction the aircraft is facing and the green line will tell you the direction it is in. And the distance gauge tells you how far away you are.
This is the Beta app and I do not know how the final version will be. But if enough users said they prefer the radar over the RPM, maybe they could make a setting that in Sport mode you have the option.
BUT, I only work on the forums and have nothing to do with how they decide to make the app.
2016-3-9
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-8 21:59
What are you talking about?

I think it's because he/she replied to your post and you didn't instantly get down on bended knees, praise his/her benevolence and ask for a postal address so you could send an expensive bouquet of flowers.

Your bad, I suppose.....

2016-3-9
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-8 17:55
You don't have to worry about me trying to help you again, in my country when someone try's to hel ...

Here's some help for you:

In my country, where the language you appear to be attempting to use was born, we would say "when someone tries to help", not "try's", which isn't really a word.

Hope that helps.  

I'll just be sitting here, waiting for your thank you.
2016-3-9
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

Nick4098, you're bad. (Or should I say, "your bad")
2016-3-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nick4098 Posted at 2016-3-9 14:36
Here's some help for you:

In my country, where the language you appear to be attempting to use wa ...

The only reason your able to respond in English and not German is the good old USA saved your butts in the big one, so your welcome.
2016-3-9
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 03:03
I do not know how the final app will work. But as of now, yes you do lose the radar when you switch  ...

"And honestly, in Sport mode it flies like a wild banshee"

Right, and that is why we need the Radar in Sport mode.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-10 13:33
"And honestly, in Sport mode it flies like a wild banshee"

Right, and that is why we need the Rad ...

I still think the map mode does the same thing.
Buy obviously your very comfortable with the radar. Who knows, maybe the final app version will have both, or an option. Or maybe even a later app version down the road.
2016-3-9
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-9 22:55
The only reason your able to respond in English and not German is the good old USA saved your butt ...

*yawn*

That old chestnut again? Whatever.

And it's "you're" as in you are, just for your information....
2016-3-9
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

nick4098 Posted at 2016-3-10 07:57
*yawn*

Hehe, I am new to the forum, just bought a P4. Thanks to all posters, and thanks to dedicated and helpfull moderators. Well, in a perfect world where everybody is happy, we will see the RPM gauge added when switching to sport mode...
2016-3-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nick4098 Posted at 2016-3-10 01:57
*yawn*

You're welcome
2016-3-10
Use props
nick4098
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Excellent.  I'm so glad to see you've beginning to grasp it.

All you need now is a full stop, and you will have produced a grammatically correct, two-word sentence.  I'm so proud.

Good grammar: It's the difference between knowing your s**t, and everyone else knowing you're s**t.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thacyoon Posted at 2016-3-10 15:42
Hehe, I am new to the forum, just bought a P4. Thanks to all posters, and thanks to dedicated and h ...

There already is a RPM gauge that appears on screen when you switch to Sport mode.Maybe you are meaning added along with the radar gauge.
2016-3-10
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-10 15:53
There already is a RPM gauge that appears on screen when you switch to Sport mode.Maybe you are mea ...

Yes, added in adition to the Radar, not replacing the Radar
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules