A couple photos from flying this past weekend.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gherd
lvl.2
United States

Had the eopportunity to fly the Mid Hudson Bridge over the Hudson this past weekend.

r_DJI_0038_39_40_tonemapped.jpg

r_DJI_0006_7_8_Creative.jpg
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You like processing your photos then?  I assume that's an intentional effect.
2016-3-7
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why do the colors look weird?
2016-3-7
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

Those are some pretty cool images. I am new to flying and bought myself a Phantom 3 Advanced back in January. I grabbed these images last night on a little night flight. I shoot RAW and then try and tweak a few things in Adobe PS. I am new to photography as well.

2016-3-7
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-7 15:03
You like processing your photos then?  I assume that's an intentional effect.

They are no different from everyone else's fake photos.
2016-3-7
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-7 18:22

That's what Kim Kardasdian always says too
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-7 23:22

Ironic isn't it...people try to distinguish their work from everyone else's but end up making it look the same.
2016-3-7
Use props
gherd
lvl.2
United States

The effect is intentional.  Don't like it, fine, no need to be rude about it.  I happen to like HDR effects.  Don't worry, this will be my last post.  Ass wipes.
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gherd Posted at 2016-3-7 23:56
The effect is intentional.  Don't like it, fine, no need to be rude about it.  I happen to like HDR  ...

I wasn't being rude, I was asking if it was intentional.  I didn't say I didn't like it either.

This effect isn't HDR, even though that's what a lot of people think it is. If HDR is done properly it just looks like a well exposed photo.  These are processed purely for effect, more like solarisation, which is fine if that's the look you're after.

Seriously, if you don't want honest criticism, you should post your photos on Facebook or Instagram where you'll get praise from everyone who comments.
2016-3-7
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-7 16:15
I wasn't being rude, I was asking if it was intentional.  I didn't say I didn't like it either.

Th ...

I'm with Nigel on all points. First off, when I post to a public forum of my peers, I appreciate critique and comments. I WANT to get better.

Second off, these are indeed some of the most extreme HDR-like effects I've seen. And as others said, if that's what you're after -- SUCCESS!

Me, I tend to do HDR-like images as well (because let's face it, these cameras don't have that many stops of latitude), but I tend to strive for transparency.

That's it, times to post a few stills of my own. I'll make a new one of my own since this one seems to have collected some bad water.

Chris
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

gherd Posted at 2016-3-8 07:56
The effect is intentional.  Don't like it, fine, no need to be rude about it.  I happen to like HDR  ...

Ass wipes!
Is that the best you got you little over exposed unfiltered ray of something less than the ray of sunshine you obviously like shot/shone up your ar$e...

Geez...GROW UP,...Folks were commenting and I was gonna say cool,,,, now I say....over processed...kind of like spam...

2016-3-7
Use props
out-a-here
lvl.2
United States

Criticism is fine..  comments like "They are no different from everyone else's fake photos." is just plain rude. Agreeing with the statement isn't much different, true or not, it could be worded MUCH differently.   And honestly, I wasn't looking for a critique.  I had a fun day flying, got to go where most don't get to fly and took what I thought were good photos.  The effect was added for a bracketed photo contest.  Also, I didn't realize this site contained critics.  I thought it was a place to share some photos and videos, ask questions and help people with issues.  
2016-3-7
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

out-a-here Posted at 2016-3-7 19:56
Criticism is fine..  comments like "They are no different from everyone else's fake photos." is just ...

Dont take it personal. I think all photos that have been processed are fake. Some look cool but still fake. Some of these so called "professional" photographers around here are nothing more than profesional processors. The only true great photos come straight from the camera in my opinion.
2016-3-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-3-8 12:22
Dont take it personal. I think all photos that have been processed are fake. Some look cool but st ...

"The only true great photos come straight from the camera in my opinion."

You're entitled to your opinion ..... but that one is so far off ....... jeez
There's nothing magic or pure or special or great about the image as it comes from your camera.
It's been subjected to all kinds of "processing" in the camera for a start.
And that processing is just showing one particular version of all the combinations available - not necessarily the best at all.
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

out-a-here Posted at 2016-3-8 08:56
Criticism is fine..  comments like "They are no different from everyone else's fake photos." is just ...

You have to take some of the responses with a grain of salt...Always consider the source..
Your post did not ask for advice nor was it a question, it was frankly, open ended and left room for comments weather you wanted to receive them or not..get over it..and ask yourself, have you ever, even once made an unsolicited comment on a post on this or any other forum when the OP did non solicit a response?..Now, Goosfraba...

And for the record, i thought they were cool! but what do i know.

2016-3-7
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-7 20:46
"The only true great photos come straight from the camera in my opinion."

You're entitled to your  ...

Some great photos can be had without any "extra" processing done to them. Theyre usually hard to come by ,which makes them special.
2016-3-7
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

I love the effect. Makes it look so surreal.
2016-3-7
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

gherd Posted at 2016-3-8 07:56

C'mon man........don't be that way. I told you that I love the effect. Keep it up, I like it
2016-3-7
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

What.......rude remarks on the internet? Chill, I doubt if anyone in here works in the photo section of the Smithsonian Art Museum.
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

out-a-here Posted at 2016-3-8 00:56

Maybe next time then, just add a few words explaining that.  Just posting photos without an explanation of what you're trying to achieve is like saying "what d'ya think?", rather than "I've processed the images to achieve (this effect)".  After all, the effect you've achieved attracts more attention than the subject itself IMO.

Someone saying they are no different to everyone else's fake photos is a perfectly valid response worth discussion.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules