Will P4 follow mode come to inspire?
842 3 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owen
lvl.1

United States

It looks like the P4 follow is software (app) driven, so what are the chances that comes to the inspire? It seems that some of the features that were released with the the inspire "trickled" down to the p3, so will that happen with the inspire?
Just wondering what people think.

2016-3-7
Use props
Roger(NO)
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19518 ft
Norway

We have follow me already. When it comes to ActiveTrack, I certainly hope to see that in DJI GO for our Inspire as well. Especially since there are 3rd party apps providing this feature already...
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Probably no... Phantom 4 is using an extra processor for the visual following and obstacle avoidance functions
2016-3-7
Use props
Titanshield
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2125571 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are extra processors in the p4 for this function.  You could use the Logic Autopilot app however which will allow you to do follow me based on your controller or even an iphone that is in the same airspace as the inspire.  For instance a friend of yours could have an iphone miles away and join your airspace and the inspire can follow that signal and/or follow the signal of your remote as well.  Autopilot has a ton of extra features as well.  I am in the beta so im not 100% as to what the release version has a this time but they are quick to release updates.
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules