phantom 4 compass error?
2625 7 2016-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamk190
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wonder how the phantom 4 would cope with compass error mid flight with obstacle avoidance enabled, would this still work better with it being duel compass.

2016-3-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Having a dual compass means it can compare the reading of one against the other to verify the results. Hopefully this would mean more stable operation. Obstacle avoidance would not be dependant on the compass I would not imagine, it is a visual system working with a pair of stereoscopic cameras.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you ever did get a compass error, then the other one would take over.
But usually you get a compass error on the ground, if in the air than you didn't calibrate the compass correctly or your flying in an area with high metal interference.
2016-3-7
Use props
musbah
New

United Arab Emirates

I bought Phantom 4 recently and I am having a problem with compass calibration. I did calibration many times and the error message still there and when I checked the status of the IMU and the compass it shows that compass 1 is disconnected. Any one can help me to resolve this issue.
2016-6-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

musbah Posted at 2016-6-25 09:08
I bought Phantom 4 recently and I am having a problem with compass calibration. I did calibration ma ...

If it says that, then it needs to go back to DJI to be repaired. I doubt there is anything you can do to fix that sort of problem.
2016-6-24
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm..How does the processor decide which compass is giving the accurate data?

Seems that would require a TON more processing power than previous Phantoms.    That or there would be a lot of processing bottlenecks?
2016-6-24
Use props
user5b6373d773
New

Indonesia

I also experienced a compass error , please deign to give advice

http://forum.dji.com/thread-56846-1-1.html
2016-6-30
Use props
user5b6373d773
New

Indonesia