P3P Motors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGDOG AIR-1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100814 ft

Hi all, I have a 2312A motor for my Phantom 3 PRO. The original. To make clear it's the motor that is flat on the top not like the 2312 motor that is beveled then a flat surface on the top. By the way which is the newer version of the 2312 or is it the 2312A the newer upgrade?  Without changing anything out like the board etc will this 2312E with 960KV swap out my existing motors? On a clear bright day I was loosing GPS Signal at 160m - 170m and had at least 15 Satellites located. I had the antennas lying down horizontally. When I tried vertically seemed to be worse. (help anyone) Thank You, BIGDOG AIR-1
PS. It's a BLAST!
MY REPLY TO THOES CONCERNED:
To those concerned I appolidge for the 1600/1700 ft height if I was not to fly that high..  I flew 1 time 1600ft and 1 time 1700ft straight up and down. I'm a beginner learning as I go. I received a message critizing what I had did and surely there's a better approach to inform me and other drone flyers for making mistakes as I go. I'm 67 smart but also make mistakes like some others not a criminal. If someone is policing ( Police) this site let it be known for somebody might want to read more carefully what you and FAA are trying to say. And give us a option to consider emailing DJI Directly for the specifications of our drones. Confusing to say the least in past year. Changes here changes there. NOt excusing myself but live in the middle of a desert and thought this was a major city area issue and surrounding airports. I wanted to be replied from a DJI expert of the capabilities of my Phantom 3 Professional.
I'm not only a customer I'm a member and appreciate replies to be respectful as I would reply.  Thank You for your time Richard
2016-3-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The motors aren't mix-n-match.  You have to use the appropriate motors for your mainboard.
Your post is confusing but I think this is the answer to at least some of your issues:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-33091-1-1.html
2016-3-8
Use props
BIGDOG AIR-1
lvl.1

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-9 07:49
The motors aren't mix-n-match.  You have to use the appropriate motors for your mainboard.
Your post ...

Yes thank you. That was the problem as the drone was right straight above me. I like that video I learned a few things. Great. This next question will be confusing to ( probley).  I'll try. lol  Yes thank you. I'm wanting to know if I have the older motor or the P3P upgraded motor installed in my Phantom 3 PRO. My motor top is flat then propeller threads not the motor that has the bevel that raises then to the flat top then propeller threads.  I know my questions are sometimes confusing. Even to me. lolo If I have the old motor installed I would also have to upgrade both motor and board.  lol Thank You, BIGDOG AIR-1
2016-3-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

BIGDOG AIR-1 Posted at 2016-3-9 11:33
Yes thank you. That was the problem as the drone was right straight above me. I like that video I  ...

I can't work out from your description what you have but if the tops of the motors look like pointy stars you have the newer motors.

"If I have the old motor installed I would also have to upgrade both motor and board."

You don't have to "upgrade" anything.  There's nothing wrong with the original motors and you wouldn't notice any difference in performance.
But to answer your question, if for some crazy reason you wanted to put newer motors on an original P3, you would also have to replace the (expensive) mainboard to have the appropriate ESCs for the newer motors.

If you want to know nore about the real differences in the motors, read this thread by someone who knows what he's talking about:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-5#post-665886
2016-3-8
Use props
BIGDOG AIR-1
lvl.1

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-9 08:38
I can't work out from your description what you have but if the tops of the motors look like point ...

I read that article and see what your saying. No gain except heat. lol Thank you, rich

=                                         =
                                                  =   <-----------shaft------------>=                        
                                              ______ <---flat top                    =
Side view on 1 motor looks like /           \                                _____   < ----flat top
                                             l ______ l  <--NECK               /______\  
                                                                                                      <--No Neck
                                             l            l                                                               
Hope when I send looks the same as I made it. lol  I have the flat top motor. All I wanted to know is which motor I have. I'm cursed. I got to know. lol Thank you for the other info. Really not much noticeable difference. Made me feel better on if I wanted to change ouit. Nah, no gain. :>)
2016-3-10
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

BIGDOG AIR-1 Posted at 2016-3-11 04:33
I read that article and see what your saying. No gain except heat. lol Thank you, rich

"All I wanted to know is which motor I have. I'm cursed. I got to know. "

Here's a picture to help you:  http://www.phantompilots.com/att ... 9-068556-jpg.32583/
2016-3-10
Use props
dalegeorge5
lvl.1

If you change  your main board, I'd like to buy your old one
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules