Another zenmuse gh3/gh4 bricked by DJI, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP
2034 23 2016-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rambo_gorilaz
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Same story as everyone, I'm just a few years late to the party.
I stupidly updated my gimbal using DJI software to the IMU version 1.12 that DJI state is the latest version. However, as with many many people, this has caused my gimbal to go crazy. This was a well known problem a few years ago, so I assumed it would be fixed by now, but alas no.

Therefore, could anyone please send me the details of downgrading the firmware to version 1.8

thanks in advance!

2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello! Please make sure you've update all the modules into the latest versions.
2016-3-9
Use props
rambo_gorilaz
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

They are, this is a firmware fault, which is a KNOWN fault that has been around for a couple of years.
2016-3-9
Use props
olof
lvl.1

Sweden

Have you solved this?? I have the same problem! KR / Olof
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry about the issue.
Just a kind reminder: before any upgrading, please take a look at the release note first. Please refer to the release note for DJI Z15-GH4 at http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/z ... Notes_en_160114.pdf

2016-3-16
Use props
olof
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-16 12:39
Sorry about the issue.
Just a kind reminder: before any upgrading, please take a look at the release ...

And what does that mean? It doesnt work with Z15-GH3?
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

olof@segerbergm Posted at 2016-3-16 21:05
And what does that mean? It doesnt work with Z15-GH3?

No. Z15-GH4 is compatible with Z15-GH3, To solve the problem for you, could you please tell us more information about the issue?
If you upgrade the firmware, please make sure your whole kit including the gimabal, A2, RC, etc. is with the latest version so that they can work correspondingly.
2016-3-17
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 02:38
No. Z15-GH4 is compatible with Z15-GH3, To solve the problem for you, could you please tell us mor ...

Adela, have you actually had anyone test the GH-3 for upgrading? Because we all downgraded firmware to get back to 1.4 on the GCU. Everything else didnt work. Please tell us what versions of what works with the GH-3? And I'd like to know if they were actually tested on the GH-3, not GH-4. Thanks
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-3-17 22:56
Adela, have you actually had anyone test the GH-3 for upgrading? Because we all downgraded firmwar ...

Hi,
I'd like to clarify that the latest firmware version (IMU V1.12    GCU V3.0) is to expand the compatibility with the function of A2 plus Lightbridge 2 systems and only supports DJI GO v2.5.0 or above, just as stated in the release note. So, even though you upgraded to this latest version, since the hardware of your device is not compatible, so it may not make sense for you, however, normally, it won't affect the functionalities of your present modules.
2016-3-17
Use props
olof
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-18 04:30
Hi,
I'd like to clarify that the latest firmware version (IMU V1.12    GCU V3.0) is to expand the  ...

Hi and thank you for replying!
I do not have the A2, I have Wookong-M.
After downloading GH4 assistant and tried to install latest update my gimbal does this:

password: gimbal

I have downgraded GCU to 1.4 but as that didnt work I guess the error is in the IMU update??

What can I do??

Kind regards / Olof
2016-3-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 20:30
Hi,
I'd like to clarify that the latest firmware version (IMU V1.12    GCU V3.0) is to expand the  ...

In other words it doesn't work with LB1 and Z15-GH3. Can you tell me if the "lightbridge1" app is ever going to make it to the iOS? I have it on android but it was pulled on iOS awhile back. There's still a lot of us with LB1 as LB2 functionality doesn't suit professional work with the Spreading Wings series.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

olof@segerbergm Posted at 2016-3-18 22:17
Hi and thank you for replying!
I do not have the A2, I have Wookong-M.
After downloading GH4 assis ...

Hi,
The corresponding IMU firmware version for GCU v1.4 is v1.6 (HD-AV v1.14, CMU v1.0, Assistant v1.2). Can you check out the IMU version in your Assistant program?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-3-18 22:57
In other words it doesn't work with LB1 and Z15-GH3. Can you tell me if the "lightbridge1" app is  ...

I'm afraid that there won't be IOS version in the near future.
Actually, compare to LB1, LB2 has better performance with the right configuration. Please find more information at http://www.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2/info#specs
2016-3-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-19 00:05
I'm afraid that there won't be IOS version in the near future.
Actually, compare to LB1, LB2 has b ...

Is there support for LB2 and the Z15-GH3? As I understand it, LB2 lacks some functionality for the gimbal...correct? Such as panning and tilting?
2016-3-20
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 23:30
Hi,

So explain this to us.   When you say that normally it should not effect our present modules... Has this been tested by DJI to ensure that this NORMALLY is really true?  Because to us NORMALLY is not acceptable when it happens to brick or make our gimbals inoperable.   Something that we have paid $$$ for, just a normally just does not cut it.  

You guys should really consider spending more time developing / testing applications and firmware updates as you do for the Phantom series which seems to be what DJI priority is at now.   Its very unfortunate that the Spreadwings which were originally your Professional gear are now basically abandoned.
2016-3-21
Use props
rambo_gorilaz
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I got this back to something useable finally thanks to dennis. And DJI support said it wasnt possible LOL. What a bunch of morons they truly are!!
2016-3-21
Use props
rambo_gorilaz
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-18 03:30
Hi,

Im sorry, but your broken english just doesnt make any sense half the time.

So what I think you are saying is that IMU v1.12 is not compatible with the GH3?? Because IMU v1.12 and GCU v3.0 simply DOES NOT WORK on the GH3. So either clarify the matter so something that makes sense, or actually test the firmware BEFORE you release it, and create something that we CAN upgrade to.

Simply fobbing people off by saying read the release notes is bullshit. The release notes say nothing about it not being compatible with the GH3!!!!
2016-3-21
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

rambo_gorilaz@m Posted at 2016-3-21 16:36

So what I think you a ...

I completely understand your frustration.  Like I said, it sucks that we Spreadwings owners spend the most amount of money on their professional systems and yet all they seem to care about is their phantoms and inspire 1 systems.   Look at what they did to the GCS, and look at applications they have developed for the S-wings compared to their other systems.   It is ridiculous!

If they are not going to develop anything for the professional users at least give us access to the system to develop our own apps.   

I love my S900 and S1000's   we have 11 units and have spent $$$$$ of money on it and they are still serving us very well, but there is so much more that can be done with it if they only took as much time to develop applications for it as they do for the others.   

Just ridiculous!   I will never buy another DJI platform again.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rambo_gorilaz@m Posted at 2016-3-22 04:36

So what I think you a ...

What I mean is that the version (we are talking about) is designed based on the former version to make it possible to work on A2 plus Lightbridge 2 systems. If you upgrade to this version in your GH3, it just makes no progress for your kit, so would you still like to upgrade your device to this firmware? I don't think that would make any sense. Of course, if you'd like to upgrade your device at the same time, like changing your configuration into A2 plus Lightbridge 2 systems, you should use this firmware to work normally.

Thank you!
2016-3-21
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-21 20:02
What I mean is that the version (we are talking about) is designed based on the former version to  ...

Adela...thank you...but, I think I speak for everyone when I tell you that we can't upgrade because nothing works above GCU 1.4 , Zenmuse assistant 1.0. The GH-4 will work, sometimes, on the later updates but not the GH-3. Flaviomjr above has 11 units, I have 8 which 3 have GH-3 gimbal and cameras. All of us who have GH3 gimbal have had to downgrade to GCU 1.4. I agree it wouldn't make sense to upgrade because the upgrades are for the GoApp....so I guess I'm saying, did you guys forget about us?
2016-3-22
Use props
rambo_gorilaz
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-22 03:02
What I mean is that the version (we are talking about) is designed based on the former version to  ...

Again, as has been mentioned many times, THE LATEST FIRMWARE DOES NOT WORK WITH GH3, therefore I cannot update even if I wanted to
2016-3-23
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

What is the latest Z15 and A2 firmware that works with Lightbridge 1?
2016-4-2
Use props
igoris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 742028 ft
Russia

Hi everyone! Got some problems after upgrading to 3.0 - lost free mode, but assist shows the right stick moves. Tried to downgrade IMU and GCU to all known firmwares, including test. No result. I need only free mode for work, so now I can't use my gimbal. Seems like the problem is about CMU upgrade or something else. Everything worked before, had no problems... No more upgrades (after solving).

Dji, why can't you make new firmware, JUST A COPY of previous firmware, to let everyone who want to upgrade to it (=downgrade and never upgrade again)??? Even here all the forum users spent thousands of dollars on your products AND GET NO SUPPORT.
2016-4-22
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Captain Salty Posted at 2016-4-3 12:13
What is the latest Z15 and A2 firmware that works with Lightbridge 1?

Z15- GH3 or 4? GH-3 is assistant V1, GCU V 1.4...I'd have to check all my A2 components to see what I'm on...but it works.
2016-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules